Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NOOBS in DragonSpyre

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 01, 2009
2
paladin429 wrote:
Latley there have been quite a lot of low level wizards in dragonspyre and it's very irritating. They take our traps, and occupy slots (especially in the plaza of conquests) so esteemed high level wizards,whome have EARNED the right to be in dragonspyre, have to wait for an available slot or have to pt up with these noobs messing up our plans, and just making the game difficult. I'd like to start a petition to block all wizards under magus (level 30) from entering dragonspyre. This will make DS a more enjoyable place to be for experienced wizrads that have a better idea of how to play the game. If you support this idea please sign your character name(s) and levels and a short 1-2 sentence comment. Thanks.


I agree i think at least lvl30 wizard and under should be banned from DS and CL because they are not ready for the bad guys in those places and they ALWAYS get rid of the traps you need to defeat the enemies with!!

Survivor
Jun 11, 2009
4
Okay for one calling them noobs makes me mad! I like to cal them new to the game. Noob can be offencinve to many people. Okay to the point, apprntices, magus, beginners,ect. They are trying to help! Now I can understand your anger when the other people are jus using you so they can get there brag and contine. nowTHAT makes m angry! So yes and no

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
32
I agree that there is a noob infestation in ds. But I would say anyone lower than 20 should be called a noob. Because at level 22 you get your rank 4 spells, and those are pretty powerful. I still have kraken in my deck, because with a little boost, it can be very powerful. I know I got sort of off the topic, but something needs to be done about all the low level people at Dragonspyre.

Garret StarFlame, Level 56 Diviner

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
26
I have a great idea for you. Flee or whatever and then go back to that place and watch that noob die :D.

-Andrew Legendary Life

Explorer
Jan 27, 2009
50
It's not about above or below level 30, it's about Wizards porting to worlds and areas that they have not earned the Key to. If you haven't earned the Key, you don't belong there. That's the whole point to having Keys in the first place.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2009
3
Ok I'm a level 32 and have been to DS a couple of times but I think if you haven't earned it it should be invite only, not just join whenever

Survivor
Dec 27, 2010
11
ballerinaomega wrote:
paladin429 wrote:
Latley there have been quite a lot of low level wizards in dragonspyre and it's very irritating. They take our traps, and occupy slots (especially in the plaza of conquests) so esteemed high level wizards,whome have EARNED the right to be in dragonspyre, have to wait for an available slot or have to pt up with these noobs messing up our plans, and just making the game difficult. I'd like to start a petition to block all wizards under magus (level 30) from entering dragonspyre. This will make DS a more enjoyable place to be for experienced wizrads that have a better idea of how to play the game. If you support this idea please sign your character name(s) and levels and a short 1-2 sentence comment. Thanks.


I agree i think at least lvl30 wizard and under should be banned from DS and CL because they are not ready for the bad guys in those places and they ALWAYS get rid of the traps you need to defeat the enemies with!!

Oh please, others are smarter than you think. Like me. I am a lvl 26 adept pyromancer, but i dont do that stuff posted above. Why dont you get your facts straight first. I hate it when you people call them noobs. You know what, if you dont like it, just turn off your teleporting, and try to avoid them. (Done best if you go in a dungeon while port is off alone) You can all call me a noob, but guess what, i kinda support this, cause i know how ya feel. A while back, when i was only lvl 23 or so, I was helping a friend. I wasn't thinkin, and instead of just portin home, i tryed to EXIT by WALKIN ALL THE WAY to the exit place. Bad thing was i was in Hyde Park. So, i got in a battle, and then one of my friends. (A "noob" as you all would call it) ported to me in my battle. Immediatly, another enemy joined. THE DUDE WAS LVL3. Well, he fled as soon as that other enemy joined in. I really support this. (Though i only in MarleyBone) I just hate it when this happens. Again, I TOTALLY support this, but not that high. Maybe 29 and lower. I am 26, not tryin to be able to get in now. Frankly, i dont care if i get in DS at my lvl. I dont care if i get in DS until i am lvl 45, but no matter what, i WILL NOT use a friend just to take me places.

Austin DragonTamer, lvl 26 Adept Pyromancer

Survivor
Jul 08, 2009
4
Survivor
May 16, 2009
27
You guys, this is a little rude. So new wizards who pop in at the worst times can be very annoying. But noobs is an offensive word, no matter what it means because some people aren't smart enought to use it right! Try using the word "newbie". And level 30 and under shouldn't be a noob because they have worked hard to get where they are too! So spots for your friends were taken. Or for you. Well, one of you is bound to find the solution: get out! If the "newbie" can make it on his own, good for him! (though he probably can't) Still, you people shouldn't abandon the poor thing! Maybe he just wanted to see what its like! If you don't want him to be there, you can at least do the polite thing and ask him to leave. If he says no, heck with him. Do what you want then. I'm just saying maybe you guys need to give others a chance. There is so much they may have to offer. Maybe in the future they'll be stronger then you! Wizard101 was designed to be a good place for everyone, not just the "esteemed" wizards who have been here a little longer. I am 27, have KT, GH, MB, and WC, but I am takin my time doing what I want. I have newbies who pop up to me too, but sometimes they can help because they can heal, or have helpful shields and stuff. All I'm saying is you need to think about what you say before you say it cuz there could be a lot more behind whatcha thinkin. :?

Fallon MoonDust Adept Sorcerer

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
16
I COMPLETELY disagree! I may be only level 32, but I understand this game well. I help my friends and you don't have to complain about this. This isn't a big deal! I certainly would not mind at all! Oh and NOOBS! Who are YOU calling a NOOB! A better phrase would be, "Younger level wizards in ds." I am only stating the truth. This is not the way to treat younger level wizards. It's rude and completely disrespectful!
I strongly suggest to be kinder to young level wizards, but it's my opinion.
Have fun being rude to other young wizards!
Sierra Pearlsmith

Survivor
Jan 08, 2011
5
i agree with it but i"m a level 24 i can still help me friend in boss battles whos in ds so like they said in the first page i think they should add something when people lower then level 30 try to port it stops and ask the person there porting to to allow them

Survivor
Oct 17, 2010
27
I've been there once or twice, but by invitation. I have two characters, both 36, and I enjoy helping anyone who asks. I don't usually mind when someone pops in, but it does surprise me and disrupts my thought processes a bit. It's a fun place to visit. The graphics are amazeing, so unless they hop all over the place and intentionally annoy me, let them look around. I refuse to leave anyone stranded if I can help it, and I always learn something.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
6
Onley low level wizards thatr do those things are a bother. it is fine if they are there as long as they stay away from grandmaster/legendary players battles. i see nothing wrong as long as they do not bother you. But yes doing things that you mentioned are NOT good at all.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
712
garyboy11 wrote:
I completely agree. It's gets so irritating sometimes, like you said, especially in the Plaza of Conquests. Mostly because of the Iantine Spectre that the Gurtok Demon drops. ALL the noobs want it, and once, a couple of Apprentices joined my fight, fist time they ever fought the Gurtok Demon mind you, and it was like, my twentieth time farming him, and both of them ended up getting the Spectre, and I got boots I couldn't even use.

My wizard's name is Dylan ShadowTalon, he is a level 46 Diviner, and I am completely with the idea of making a level block on Dragonspyre.


What I understand from reading this is that basically, this player is mad that two "noobs" got the spectre and he did not. And because of this, wants to block them from entering the high level world.

I don't mind lower levels porting into my fight. They do so of their own free will, and will either end up helping me, or dying.
As for "noobs" taking up fight slots, switch realms. Don't sit there yelling at them. That accomplishes nothing. Even "noobs" want to have fun, and they should have it.
I was a level 45, occupying a slot in a Celestia boss fight. One player said "What are noobs doing here?" I said "I am having fun." Well, needless to say, that player was probably ticked that he did not get a slot or position in that boss fight. I thought he was being rude, and simply replied "Well, if I die, I will flee and you can take over my slot." That was the end of it.

I will say that this game is fine. Everyone, even low levels, have the right for some random fun, since the game itself is obviously allowing it.

Survivor
Mar 03, 2009
16
Shiningfantasia wrote:
garyboy11 wrote:
I completely agree. It's gets so irritating sometimes, like you said, especially in the Plaza of Conquests. Mostly because of the Iantine Spectre that the Gurtok Demon drops. ALL the noobs want it, and once, a couple of Apprentices joined my fight, fist time they ever fought the Gurtok Demon mind you, and it was like, my twentieth time farming him, and both of them ended up getting the Spectre, and I got boots I couldn't even use.

My wizard's name is Dylan ShadowTalon, he is a level 46 Diviner, and I am completely with the idea of making a level block on Dragonspyre.


What I understand from reading this is that basically, this player is mad that two "noobs" got the spectre and he did not. And because of this, wants to block them from entering the high level world.

I don't mind lower levels porting into my fight. They do so of their own free will, and will either end up helping me, or dying.
As for "noobs" taking up fight slots, switch realms. Don't sit there yelling at them. That accomplishes nothing. Even "noobs" want to have fun, and they should have it.
I was a level 45, occupying a slot in a Celestia boss fight. One player said "What are noobs doing here?" I said "I am having fun." Well, needless to say, that player was probably ticked that he did not get a slot or position in that boss fight. I thought he was being rude, and simply replied "Well, if I die, I will flee and you can take over my slot." That was the end of it.

I will say that this game is fine. Everyone, even low levels, have the right for some random fun, since the game itself is obviously allowing it.



I completely agree with you! Lower level players should be able to have some randome fun. Even though it may get annoying when you're about to kill the last person and someone telports. Still Having fun is really fun! Older level players think they have rights to rule the younger players, Yes they could tell them don't use my trap (or stuff like that). But they shouldn't call younger level wizards, Noobs.
Stating my true opinion,
Sierra Pearl Smith

Defender
Dec 08, 2010
101
i was so annoyed one time in moo shu! i worked for two months to get there and right as i got there into my first moo shu battle a noob at level one came and joined! why do i have to wait two months when they can get there right away?

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
19
Ellis wrote:
I strongly disagree with this. Yes having low level wizards in DS can be annoying, if not outright confusing. It is a high level world, so know that they will probably die quickly. I have NEVER had to wait for a slot or anything of the sorts in DS. If it seems crowded, I suggest you switch realms or try for a less active time. If you go by east coast times, middle of the week morning is usually the best.

If low level wizards were not allowed to teleport to there more advanced friends then many of us may still be waiting for someone to log on and help up us past the three crystals. Just be happy knowing that they may claim to have beaten Dragonspyre at level 15, but they really haven't. When they complete all the quests and reach it, they will have to do it all over again with most of the fun surprise of a new world having been removed.

Ds is a world for high level wizards who have earned the right to be there. Ds is also a slaughterhouse for low levels who think they can take it. Any time I invite my level 17 friend to DS it is for a specific reason and it can make the fight all that much harder. I have to look after her as well as myself. She makes a good placeholder in boss fights or dungeons in case they kill me. Gives me a chance to flee, use a potion and get back before she dies without having to start a fight all over again. She has helped me a lot, so I am very much against this idea of blocking it from level 19 and below.

I totally agree with you, its nice to have a friend in ds because its kinda hard and with a friend you can flee and port back

Explorer
Apr 17, 2010
60
yes i agree with you because when you set up a 70% thing and they use it and you know it will take the opponet out you get irritated and have to tell them not to ! Even though you dont want to be rude... Maybe not even level 30 maybe just 40's and then it will be even better that way they understand not to use the traps and stuff you have out there!

Alexandria
lvl 49 Ice

Survivor
Nov 24, 2010
45
first of all I HATE the word noob and it makes me angry just to see it, and also you used to be thier level before and when you where thier level didn't you want to explore all the worlds of the spiral fighting cool enemies earning high level gear for the future? I thought so. Think before you call someone a noob and make fun of them. I get so frustrated at the snobbish level 60s who yell at everyone

Defender
Sep 18, 2009
181
Old subject, but has come up again with the release of Celestia. Should noobs be able to port to high level worlds? I say yes. I mostly play solo, since creepingly slow new content release has chased most of my freiends away from this game. My son has a level 27 life mage. Even that little bit of help is enough to help me survive a boss battle on Celestia, so I like having him able to port in. BUT, I have also nearly died in a couple battles because a low level character, that is randomly roaming areas of Celestia they obviosly don't have access to, jumps into battle with me, screams "I need healing!", then flees after another monster joins in.
Fact of life, some people are idiots. Blocking all noobs stops helpful as well as harmful ones and adds a roadblock to the family and friend players. As far as them not having 'earned' it, well you can watch the Superbowl without actually buying a ticket too. Is that unfair to the ticket holders?

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
2
paladin429 wrote:
Latley there have been quite a lot of low level wizards in dragonspyre and it's very irritating. They take our traps, and occupy slots (especially in the plaza of conquests) so esteemed high level wizards,whome have EARNED the right to be in dragonspyre, have to wait for an available slot or have to pt up with these noobs messing up our plans, and just making the game difficult. I'd like to start a petition to block all wizards under magus (level 30) from entering dragonspyre. This will make DS a more enjoyable place to be for experienced wizrads that have a better idea of how to play the game. If you support this idea please sign your character name(s) and levels and a short 1-2 sentence comment. Thanks.


- Ditto ! I totally agree. When I was working on my quests, I kept seeinq, level 25's and below, joining my battles, and acting like they were in beast mode. It's funny to me, because when they join, I don't attack. When they die, I don't heal them, even after they cuss me out, and etc.

I agree on blocking lower levels, from porting to Dragonspyre.
You will die, if you are a low level(: Don't say I didn't tell you so.
-- Erica ShadowWhisper; Level 58, Life.

Survivor
Nov 26, 2010
24
I just got in to Ds at lvl 40 and I agree there is A LOT of lower lvls there. I makes me MAD! They join my fight and the monster attacks me not them.

p.s. if "noobs" was an inappropirate/mean/ effensive word your message wouldn't show up here because moderators have to reveiw your message.