Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NOOBS in DragonSpyre

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
3
i do agree that i am fairly irriataed by the the low lvls in DS, but dont forget that WE were all low lvls to before and i bet we all did the same things like going to DS or Mooshu when we were like lvl 17.

James SoulBlade, GrandMaster Ice

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
36
i dont think we should ban them because i personaly think there nice. but i do hate that they flee ! so yea dont know what side to chose. and how do i get the smile faces on? i am new to this kinda stuff

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
132
Pyrsik wrote:
augaugh wrote:
Look. I disagree with what this thread is saying.
What happens when all your friends but one are offline, and that one is a noob? What happens when you get angry with that friend when he or she ports? What do you do when they refuse to help you? What you do about them porting show more of your personality then it shows of them. We were all noobs once! We all started off as a novice! So how would you feel if you got yelled at for being exited, and wondering what that place was? A lot of you say that its so annoying when someone ports and brings another monster. So why do you feel any different when a high level brings one? You should judge someone by the size of their heart, and not what their level is. This thread is 100% pointless to me. When I was level around 29 i helped a friend get into DS. Look. Sometimes, the level 12 can be more helpful than the level 48. Think on my words. Someone posted to stop being selfish and think about what is best for other players. My ONLY comment to that is simply; Why dont you?

Chelsea Skytalon
45 Life 8)


You have obviously not being paying attention to this thread and the many others like it. The problem is that some people don't care who their friends are,and allow them to port in no matter what and wreak havoc wherever they may. They are messing up combat,they are filling up slots needed by other wizards who are supposed to be there, they are being rude,selfish,and intentionally causing others problems. The list goes on and on. This is not a matter of opinion,it is a plain and simple fact that some are causing problems for a lot of people. The only way to address the situation is to impose some type of restriction. Dragonspyre is a nightmare to play in because of it. When Celestia releases, it will be even worse. So how about you pay attention,use the intelligence you have,and stop thinking of what you want,and think of the others who are suffering and have a legitimate complaint?


Oh, I believe she is paying attention. Your reading comprehension skills, however seem to be lacking.

She is not saying that there are not 'noobs' that are more a hindrance than a help.

She is saying that there also exists a population of 'newbies' that are more a help than a hindrance.

I don't think that all player's access should be limited by the acts of a few.

How would you like it if it was turned around? I've had more than one first level character on Unicorn Way nearly killed because some jerk grand wanted to showboat his pretty spells to an audience that did not yet have access to heals.

Would you like it if I started a campaign to block Grand access to Unicorn Way or other fighting areas of WC?

I've been on both sides of the table you've set up here. It's not the level of the wizard fighting next to you that matters; it's his or her competence.

That being said, you do realize that it takes two to be used, right? If someone, adept, master, or grand jumps into my fight without asking, I have absolutely no obligation to help them.

My favorite tactic, especially when I'm street fighting in the plaza, is to start shielding and see what they do. If they show some level of competence, I'll pretty much ignore them and continue my slaughter. If they don't? I'm perfectly happy to continue to shield, heal and pass until the monsters kill the Darwin Initiate.

Keep in mind this works in dungeons, too. Make certain the unwanted pest is de-friended, equip your siege deck, sit back and watch.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
29
I'm totally with you, besides bosses, i have a few lvl 30ish friends who help me with bosses but i HATE when they join my open battles because another one joins, then they die, i CANT and WONT heal them, and plus its very irratation because not only do i have to fight 2 i have to fight 3 alone.

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
29
sry forgot to add my chars:
~Samantha Crowvault death lvl 50
~Mackenzie Jadebalde storm lvl 46
both done with ds

Survivor
Dec 21, 2008
2
The real NOOBS are the ones who post in threads and bring no ideas or suggestions but to flame other posters. The suggestion on adding a YES or NO button when someone tries to port to you, especially when you are in a fight would be a great idea. There are times where you want the help and others where you don't. Most of my friends send me a whisper if they need help or check to see if I need anything. BUT we all know that many don't do that. Some people who play are very young and don't have the free chat that many of us have so it is challenging to communicate to them.
I get frustrated when they use up my shields when I am trying to build up for a good hit and they waste all my shields on a wand spell, like feint.
I don't mind helping people out, I have a lot of patience, but I don't like to be taken advantage of. Which also means to teleport to DS and they are under lvl 20. I don't typically add anyone to my friends list either. I'd rather have them prove themselves by battling with me sometime then adding them afterwards. I end up questing with many of them.
The ones you need to be worried about are the ones that port in when you are fighting...adding a creature and then leaving. It's the same as someone jumping in your fight and leaving after they added a few extra for you to fight.
But I digress. Low levels in DS can be helpful like one poster commented, but more often, they are not there helping out. I can see the intrigue of being there the first time, but jumping in boss fights and messing the flow is not cool.

50 Grandmaster Death
44 Master Life
a bunch of 20's (balance, fire, ice, and storm)

Survivor
Aug 05, 2009
36
Survivor
Apr 24, 2010
1
I've noticed that more and more people are asking if they can join my fights in DS. I really appreciate that and have begun asking when I want to join others. Recently, I've noticed people beginning to ask when I'm in Kroktopia and Mooshoo. Not everyone does it, but I'm hoping that the more people who see it happen, the more they'll consider doing it.

Besides asking, another thing I've seen people do was give the person who was already there a shield or healing them. I think it helps create camaraderie.

I go back and forth on whether or not DS (or any of the higher levels) should be closed off. I learned how to play the game pretty quickly and helped my friend get through several dungeons when I was ten levels below her. I also learned how to work with her. Not everyone does that.

When someone who has a third my life points joins my fights, I give them a couple turns to see what they do. If they attack the monster, I'll offer them shields. If they sit back and do nothing, I'll shield myself and let the monster kill them.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
123
Many lower level wizards port to friends in Dragonspyre to be able to level up very quickly. I've had lower level people ask me to take them to Mooshu or Dragonspyre to help them level up fast.

Solution:

If you don't have a key to that world, you get 1% of the experience points (or less) for the quests if you go to those worlds and battle. And to make things better, if they have no key, they get no badges for the quests.
I've posted this solution before, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Rogan Firehammer





Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
900
Talance3 wrote:
Oh, I believe she is paying attention. Your reading comprehension skills, however seem to be lacking.

She is not saying that there are not 'noobs' that are more a hindrance than a help.

She is saying that there also exists a population of 'newbies' that are more a help than a hindrance.

I don't think that all player's access should be limited by the acts of a few.


No one was saying that there are not good people who port in to help friends. This thread and the many other current threads like it was referring to the people who intentionally or by ignorance cause disruptions for others. She was trying to defend those good few,while being seemingly oblivious to the problem. As long as people add anyone to there list,and allow them to port unrestricted,this problem will remain. What we have is players with no thought or regard for others. The only way to curtail this activity is by imposing some sort of restriction on who can port in. It really shouldn't be that hard,and several viable solutions have already been suggested. My apologies if my original post was a bit confusing to you. I really should explain better at times. I hope this has helped your understanding of the situation a bit more.

Mastermind
Jun 25, 2009
312
yes something NEEDS to be done about this! ds is my most favorite world in wizard101 and i wont let it be ruined by noobs. btw i thibk that people can only port to ds until they get the SPIRAL KEY













hunter legendwraith level50 necromancer

Survivor
Jul 17, 2009
41
paladin429 wrote:
Latley there have been quite a lot of low level wizards in dragonspyre and it's very irritating. They take our traps, and occupy slots (especially in the plaza of conquests) so esteemed high level wizards,whome have EARNED the right to be in dragonspyre, have to wait for an available slot or have to pt up with these noobs messing up our plans, and just making the game difficult. I'd like to start a petition to block all wizards under magus (level 30) from entering dragonspyre. This will make DS a more enjoyable place to be for experienced wizrads that have a better idea of how to play the game. If you support this idea please sign your character name(s) and levels and a short 1-2 sentence comment. Thanks.
Oh sorry I've been taking my friends with new people to crimson fields which is a dungeon so i'm very sorry.

Defender
Apr 27, 2009
127
I highly AGREE! It is frustrating and then they try to tell you what is best for the battle. I support you completely.

~Nora Ravenward (Level 50 Grandmaster Ice)
Warlord Duelist

Survivor
Mar 01, 2009
1
it doesn't happen all the time but when i try to fight a boss with my friends that are lvl 50 i have trouble fighting with all of them because there are low lvl players inside the slots

Explorer
Jan 24, 2010
58
Panda9928 wrote:
paladin429 wrote:
Latley there have been quite a lot of low level wizards in dragonspyre and it's very irritating. They take our traps, and occupy slots (especially in the plaza of conquests) so esteemed high level wizards,whome have EARNED the right to be in dragonspyre, have to wait for an available slot or have to pt up with these noobs messing up our plans, and just making the game difficult. I'd like to start a petition to block all wizards under magus (level 30) from entering dragonspyre. This will make DS a more enjoyable place to be for experienced wizrads that have a better idea of how to play the game. If you support this idea please sign your character name(s) and levels and a short 1-2 sentence comment. Thanks.
Oh sorry I've been taking my friends with new people to crimson fields which is a dungeon so i'm very sorry.


What? It doesnt matter if you take them to crimson fields, that isnt effecting anyone negatively. This post is about Dragonspyre not Mooshu

Survivor
Jun 17, 2010
3
I TOTALLY disagree with you cause i have many magus friends they can be helpful sometimes but the only ones that are bad are the one that cant speak nor hear cause sometimes they do something wrong you can say nothing to them so it TOTALLY bugs me . And one day i was fighting malistaire with my like 27 lvl friend named Samantha she was the only one their (cause other guys/girls had left) and so i thought we were gonna loose i never thought a pixie minion would be so helpful in ds lol it took us sometime but we didnt even die a single time we didnt even had to port back or anything i was so relieved :) . Thats why i disagree. Everybody should be able to port (except free playing characters obviously ) and if you dont want them to come just block your ports and anyways they cant go in some towers unless they already did the quest or are in it.


Level 50 Grandmaster Diviner Angel DarkCloud

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
900
xXxLeo30xXx wrote:
I TOTALLY disagree with you cause i have many magus friends they can be helpful sometimes but the only ones that are bad are the one that cant speak nor hear cause sometimes they do something wrong you can say nothing to them so it TOTALLY bugs me . And one day i was fighting malistaire with my like 27 lvl friend named Samantha she was the only one their (cause other guys/girls had left) and so i thought we were gonna loose i never thought a pixie minion would be so helpful in ds lol it took us sometime but we didnt even die a single time we didnt even had to port back or anything i was so relieved :) . Thats why i disagree. Everybody should be able to port (except free playing characters obviously ) and if you dont want them to come just block your ports and anyways they cant go in some towers unless they already did the quest or are in it.


Level 50 Grandmaster Diviner Angel DarkCloud


You like many others,are not listening to or understanding the problem. The issue is not about friends who help friends and then leave. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that. The issue is those people who let friends port in on them,and then those same friends go elsewhere and join in other combats and continually cause problems. It has become a huge problem,and something needs to be done it about. I hate to have anyone who genuinely helps others by porting in restricted,but if that is the only way to curtail this issue,then that is exactly what needs to be done. KI has already hinted and suggested that people are only allowed in certain worlds via quest progression and the spiral key. If only they simply enforce it, the problem would be solved. It would also take the argument away from those who selfishly disagree <yes if you disagree,you are being selfish,and not caring about others who have a valid complaint>. If they want in that world or area,they simply have to complete the necessary quests to get there. That is what everyone else had to do,they should be no exception. This whole issue is very tiresome,and has been repeated in many threads. We as paying subscribers deserve a response from KI about it.

Explorer
Jan 11, 2010
67
Yes, they can be very annoying, especially when you are fighting a high level boss, and they wand your feints ! and steal your traps. Not to mention when you are in a battle with a few monsters on a collect quest, and they come and bring more monsters for you to fight, and then flee !! leaving you with the extra to fight.
On the good side, they have low health, and die quickly in battle.
Can't KI fix something that says that area is not ready for you yet? like they do with some other things.
I have seen wizards in the plaza who have a quest to fight gurtok demon and can't do it because of no open spaces.
I have 3 GrandMaster Wizards and EARNED the right to go to DS, and it is very annoying.
They also like to port and hop into the malistaire battles as well.
I would sign any petition to keep them out of DS until they earn it.

Kimberly NightShade -GrandMaster Death
Kimberly SpiritHeart-Grandmaster Life
Kimberly SpiritBreeze-Grandmaster Balance

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
1
atomicfire100 wrote:
i do agree that i am fairly irriataed by the the low lvls in DS, but dont forget that WE were all low lvls to before and i bet we all did the same things like going to DS or Mooshu when we were like lvl 17.

James SoulBlade, GrandMaster Ice
i agree totally i have a grand life (john thunderrider) and a grand balance (johnathan dragonsword) and i have many grand friends that will take me to ds just to lvl because of the high xp that i can get javascript:emoticon(':D');

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
678
And what if someone reaches a level and they have a school quest in ds? What are they gonna do then? DISAGREE 100%.
Spell quest are normally given when you are close to that area, so there is no reason why a level 20 or 30 would need to go to DS for a school quest.

I understand the frustrations that people are stating. It is quite annoying to have someon port in or join your battle without asking first. I recent expecienced this with my death wizard (grandmaster).

I was fighting the Gurtok Demon when he ported in. I took me a lot of time to lay all my traps and with one spell, he knocked out feint and with a snowman. This was after I had asked him to pass so he wouldn't use my traps. I wouldn't not have mind him joining in if he had asked or waited, but he didn't; by the way he was lvl 26.

I just started passing and the Gurtok kill him off. He soon got the message and left.

On the other hand, (yes, I am fickled) I don't mind lower levels joining me in DS or any other world, as long as they ask first. My sister just joined and I took her to Mooshu, so she could see what it was like. We had a blast playing the game together. I played my grand master myth and my daughter's gm life. We protected her and had fun.

So what I think needs to be done, as I have stated many many many times on this board, is to have an acceptance/decline option for porters. Most of the lower levels aren't getting there because a higher level wizard asked them there, they are there because they port without asking and having to turn your port on and off each time you need assistance is just as annoying.

Mastermind
Jun 06, 2009
398
did you know that dragonspyre is giving more xp? you do. but did you know that, to keep the amount of xp level, the lower level worlds (wc and kt) are having xp DEDUCTED? the smiths quest used to give around a thousand xp; now it gives 355. so i disagree. the average entering level of ds is going to drop.

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
235
Though it is annoying for someone to ruin your traps there are also lower levels that know there way through the game because their other wizards are probably grandmasters as well. I befriended some lower levels because they help me through difficult battles because they beat the game on their other wizards. So lets not get too grumpy on lower levels.

Cheyenne PixieSinger
Grandmaster Life

Explorer
Mar 28, 2010
53
I agree. Noobs in Dragonspyre REALLY started to get on my nerves on The Final Countdown quest. I was level 50 when I had the quest to face Malistaire, and had no high leveled friends online. So, I went to the Bascilia to ask for people to help me with Great Spyre/Malistaire.
Every time I asked, I got a bunch of noobs going "ME TAKE ME PLZ PLZ PLZ" and I would say, "To be effective, we need level 45+ only pls." They kept on going "PLZ PLZ PLZ" and it got so annoying. This is a place where masters are suppost to hang out, and here we have initiates everywhere! And, they are annoying and take up space in battle. :?

~Allison Dawnblood, Level 50 Diviner

Survivor
Dec 28, 2009
36
paladin429 wrote:
jenyfiregirl wrote:
do i as a noob i am level 32 and i have been to dragonspyre several times not much though :( :( but anywayus i feel sad if you count me as a noob

no no you are not a noob, i mean noob as in lower than level 30 so you're good.

Well, I have two grands so technically i'm not a noob but i have been working on my level 28 storm wizard. When i first made him, i had one of my grand friends take me to labyrinth and in two quests i was level 10. So i don't think you should be sending low levels away from DS. Doesn't always mean a low level is a noob.
Sincerely,Nathan Shadowhammer
Lvl 50 Life
Lvl 50 Death
Lvl 28 Storm

Defender
Apr 03, 2010
117
while I do think lower levels should be able to see different worlds, after all they DID pay for it, I think that they should not be allowed to join fights, especially in plaza of conquests.