Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nightmare pack!

1
AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 28, 2011
94
Loaded up my wizard101 client this morning to a pleasing update about the new nightmare pack offered by KI.
Its their lowest priced pack at 299 crowns per, and the brief description I read from the link provided on the home screen convinced me to actually pour some crowns in to this holiday (its already been so tempting not too.)

I spent 10$ on 5000 crowns and dumped them all in to this new pack.

Items I received worth noting:

Pets:
Ianthine Spectre
Pale Maiden
Red Ghost
Lightning Bat
Life Ghoul (x2) -gives 1 sprite at ancient
Dark Imp - gives 1 sacrifice at ancient
(very, very happy about these xD)

Mounts:
Lots of 1day Bat wings, Black stallions, and gliders (brooms.)
1 permanent purple glider.

Lots of new pet snacks i haven't yet seen around the spiral (ie. Senior mint, Gobbler Stoppers, Atomic Fireball, Misfortune Cookie, etc.) Lots of 6s, 7s, and 8s, haven't seen any 9s yet.

Lots of treasure cards, all usable in pvp so far.
Everything from Life and Death bats, to Red banshees, Gold skeletons, Dark crows, Black widows, and lots of curses.

Housing items all themed to Halloween/graveyard aesthetics.
Received various gravestones, brooms, ovens, trees, statues (the black/firey firecat statues from Firecat Alley) and the cutout doodle stands that populate wizard city.

Very few regeants/seeds.

Gear:
1 piece of Darkwraith head armor and 2 pieces of Darkwraith boots.
1 darkwraith scythe :D :D
1 Broom (weapon)
1 Lollipop wand
Sad that I haven't gotten any of the body armor, now my gear looks all 'frankenstein' and mismatched.

Overall, this is definitely a pack worth dumping your crowns in to. Lots of rare and ultra-rare drops.
Tons of great utility and damage treasure cards.
Tons of pet snacks.
Gear looks great.
Give your castle/dorm a grim theme.

I've got a lot of pets to start training now, so i'll be kept busy through the rest of this month. Hope this encourages someone else to go out and try their luck. I didn't realize half of the things that dropped were even included in this pack, and i'm sure there are still more sick drops to get.

Feel free to reply with anything worth noting that you receive from this pack that you didnt see above.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
1639
classact21 wrote:
Loaded up my wizard101 client this morning to a pleasing update about the new nightmare pack offered by KI.
Its their lowest priced pack at 299 crowns per, and the brief description I read from the link provided on the home screen convinced me to actually pour some crowns in to this holiday (its already been so tempting not too.)

I spent 10$ on 5000 crowns and dumped them all in to this new pack.

Items I received worth noting:

Pets:
Ianthine Spectre
Pale Maiden
Red Ghost
Lightning Bat
Life Ghoul (x2) -gives 1 sprite at ancient
Dark Imp - gives 1 sacrifice at ancient
(very, very happy about these xD)

Mounts:
Lots of 1day Bat wings, Black stallions, and gliders (brooms.)
1 permanent purple glider.

Lots of new pet snacks i haven't yet seen around the spiral (ie. Senior mint, Gobbler Stoppers, Atomic Fireball, Misfortune Cookie, etc.) Lots of 6s, 7s, and 8s, haven't seen any 9s yet.

Lots of treasure cards, all usable in pvp so far.
Everything from Life and Death bats, to Red banshees, Gold skeletons, Dark crows, Black widows, and lots of curses.

Housing items all themed to Halloween/graveyard aesthetics.
Received various gravestones, brooms, ovens, trees, statues (the black/firey firecat statues from Firecat Alley) and the cutout doodle stands that populate wizard city.

Very few regeants/seeds.

Gear:
1 piece of Darkwraith head armor and 2 pieces of Darkwraith boots.
1 darkwraith scythe :D :D
1 Broom (weapon)
1 Lollipop wand
Sad that I haven't gotten any of the body armor, now my gear looks all 'frankenstein' and mismatched.

Overall, this is definitely a pack worth dumping your crowns in to. Lots of rare and ultra-rare drops.
Tons of great utility and damage treasure cards.
Tons of pet snacks.
Gear looks great.
Give your castle/dorm a grim theme.

I've got a lot of pets to start training now, so i'll be kept busy through the rest of this month. Hope this encourages someone else to go out and try their luck. I didn't realize half of the things that dropped were even included in this pack, and i'm sure there are still more sick drops to get.

Feel free to reply with anything worth noting that you receive from this pack that you didnt see above.


yea and this is a big one
grim scarab pet
and ghost hound

i was rubbing my eyes when i saw 2 different promo pets that make hybrids

sry wish i could stay longer but i have to go train my new pets
also 5 packs in and got nightmare mount so dont give up


edit i checked and the ghost hound is a promo hybrid not a pet that makes a promo hybrid

Survivor
Jun 16, 2008
28
Is there a limit on how many packs you can buy?

I can't seem to buy any and I have 5000+ crowns.

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
52
windwalker wrote:
Is there a limit on how many packs you can buy?

I can't seem to buy any and I have 5000+ crowns.


Check your backpack to see if it is full. That happens to me sometimes. :D

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2706
windwalker wrote:
Is there a limit on how many packs you can buy?

I can't seem to buy any and I have 5000+ crowns.


You have to have at least 7 slots open in your backpack and treasure card area.

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
172
I have 2 paid accounts and 10 wizards. I have spent more than I planned to on these packs and am thrilled to have the spectre pet, one on each account, and a ghost hound and ghost dragon pet i think came from one, but am very disappointed that in all i've spent, with various wizards, sometimes several packs in a row on one wizard, I dont have a full set of matching clothing, and never got the nightmare mount, which btw many of us feel was a bad name to call it since it looks nothing like the nightmare pony pet. The 'Knights Mount' would have suited it better than the nightmare mount...
I did get the new GH yard sign though, but it's in front of my death house saying 'taryn ravenheart's castle' and I dont have a castle :-(

So basically I'm jealous to see someone with full matching gear, if a pack contains one piece of the gear set it should contain all 3 matching pieces :-(
And not thrilled to see people on the new mount when I keep getting brooms.
I did get a boss banshee pet, but idk if it came in a pack or from a boss battle drop, playing 2 students simultaneously has me lose track of dropped items, but she's an old boss lady banshee with chains, she is in my graveyard (after a name change lol)

I'm not massively thrilled with the house item drops either, so basically I feel like I've wasted a massive amount of crowns trying for a matching gear set or new mount. If there is a specific time of day that the good items come dropped in these packs please share. I've tried one wizard with several packs and several wizards with one pack every few days :-(

thx
taryn ravenheart legend myth

Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
69
Explorer
Dec 15, 2009
69
oh and the new housing signs in the crown shop. even one that's not in the crowns shop that looks like a tombstone!

Defender
Aug 13, 2010
180
It took me about 86,000 Crowns' worth of Nightmare Packs to obtain The Nightmare mount. That's not even counting the 10,000 or so Crowns I've wasted on Dragon's Hoarde Packs for their Bone Dragon (Which I did not obtain)

Let that be a lesson for ya, Wizards - the 'grand prize' Mounts can be a real money sink!

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
514
I couldn't believe what I got and even after I got the mount, I kept going. Here is my stuff:
Pets:
Death Treant, 3 Pale Maidens, Death Scarab (I was jumping up and down when I saw Death Scarab), 2 red lost souls, and I can't even remember the other half!
Mounts: A permanent horse, and a permanent Nightmare Mount (WOOT)

House Decor: Graves, witches, shovels, furnaces, cauldrons that are bubbling, etc.

I got tons of treasure cards, powerful, but can't remember what they were.

Didnt pay attention to reagents lol.

Mega snacks for my pets. AND I MEAN TONS! My Death Scarab is nearly epic with these. Soon he will be Ancient

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
213
It's not Ki's fault (well maybe a little with the percentage they give on some stuff...)

but i got all gear twice .... pets .... nightmare mount .... ect.... all with only spending 15k crowns....

So Good luck with getting all you want it can be done just hope luck is on your side....

Explorer
Jul 05, 2008
95
Happy With My loot. Not sure what I really got. I bought 3 packs. On the 3rd I got the nightmare mount and stopped there. :) That is all I really wanted and thought I would have no chance to win it. Woot I did. BUt your right looks more like a Knights Horse :)

Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
12
I've spent about 10,000 crowns on these packs. i got the nightmare on the third pack. I was excited about that then I noticed that you could get pets too so i kept buying. I've gotten about 20 1-day mounts which I think is a joke. I already had a perm pegasus and now the nightmare mount so I defintely didn't need any more mounts. I've gotten two sets of robes a cowl and a pair of boots for equipment. Lots of housing decor and treasure cards. Only one mega snack that I can remember and the only pets I have received were two lightning bats. I really wanted some of the other pets because I think I'm going to make my next wizard a death wizard. not sure if I will buy more to keep trying for the other pets...

Jenna Dragonsong
legendary ice

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
213
littlebelle wrote:
BUt your right looks more like a Knights Horse :)


Yeah The nightmare mount looks to me likr the reg flying horse but with armour and ghostly

I have received were two lightning bats. I really wanted some of the other pets because I think I'm going to make my next wizard a death wizard. not sure if I will buy more to keep trying for the other pets...

i have recieved the ghost god (death) and also recieved some life scholl pet also and Myth

Survivor
Oct 31, 2009
2
Lol I spent 20,000 crowns on the dragon hoard pack hoping for the mount and didn't get it :/ Tried the nightmare pack and got it on the third try :P

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
640
Hello my name is Ellie and I am addicted to buying packs! I love the nightmare packs. Thank you so much KI!

ellie

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
259
classact21 wrote:
Loaded up my wizard101 client this morning to a pleasing update about the new nightmare pack offered by KI.
Its their lowest priced pack at 299 crowns per, and the brief description I read from the link provided on the home screen convinced me to actually pour some crowns in to this holiday (its already been so tempting not too.)

I spent 10$ on 5000 crowns and dumped them all in to this new pack.

Items I received worth noting:

Pets:
Ianthine Spectre
Pale Maiden
Red Ghost
Lightning Bat
Life Ghoul (x2) -gives 1 sprite at ancient
Dark Imp - gives 1 sacrifice at ancient
(very, very happy about these xD)

Mounts:
Lots of 1day Bat wings, Black stallions, and gliders (brooms.)
1 permanent purple glider.

Lots of new pet snacks i haven't yet seen around the spiral (ie. Senior mint, Gobbler Stoppers, Atomic Fireball, Misfortune Cookie, etc.) Lots of 6s, 7s, and 8s, haven't seen any 9s yet.

Lots of treasure cards, all usable in pvp so far.
Everything from Life and Death bats, to Red banshees, Gold skeletons, Dark crows, Black widows, and lots of curses.

Housing items all themed to Halloween/graveyard aesthetics.
Received various gravestones, brooms, ovens, trees, statues (the black/firey firecat statues from Firecat Alley) and the cutout doodle stands that populate wizard city.

Very few regeants/seeds.

Gear:
1 piece of Darkwraith head armor and 2 pieces of Darkwraith boots.
1 darkwraith scythe :D :D
1 Broom (weapon)
1 Lollipop wand
Sad that I haven't gotten any of the body armor, now my gear looks all 'frankenstein' and mismatched.

Overall, this is definitely a pack worth dumping your crowns in to. Lots of rare and ultra-rare drops.
Tons of great utility and damage treasure cards.
Tons of pet snacks.
Gear looks great.
Give your castle/dorm a grim theme.

I've got a lot of pets to start training now, so i'll be kept busy through the rest of this month. Hope this encourages someone else to go out and try their luck. I didn't realize half of the things that dropped were even included in this pack, and i'm sure there are still more sick drops to get.

Feel free to reply with anything worth noting that you receive from this pack that you didnt see above.

These are what I got from the pack:

3 complete sets of the dark wraith gear
3 Darkwraith Scythes
1 Broom (Weapon)
1 Mean Pumpkin Staff
1 Silly Pumpkin Staff

Now is where things starts to get a little rare:

1 Nightmare Mount :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
1 Forever Bat Wing Mount
1 Scarecrow Doodle Prop thingy
1 Ghost Doodle Prop thingy
1 Vampire Doodle Prop thingy
1 Witch Doodle Prop thingy
2 Chained Skeletons
1 Silly pumpkin furniture item
1 Grave thingy that you can put your name on
1 Slanted Grave
1 Angled Grave
1 Marlybone Automobile
10 Jacques the Scratcher's saws

Pale Maiden
8 Ianthie Spectres :|
Red Ghost
Myth Banshee
Gold Skeleton (Pet)
So much snacks that I leveled up 3 of my pets to Ancient by relying on them

10 Curse spells
3 Life Bats
3 Death Bats
5 Ash Bats
6 Fire Bats
2 Frozen Bats
5 Black Widows
1 Clockwork Spider
2 Myth Banshees
1 Banshee
2 Red Banshees
7 Ghost Touches
3 Lady Blackhopes

Overall I used over 30,000 crowns just on the Nightmare Pack. I hope that my mom won't get angry at me for spending that much on just that pack

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
172
Still disappointed, still getting identical blah housing items, one day broom mounts, 2 permenant broom mounts, no horse mount :( Was excited to have 2 of my students get the purple spectre pet (along with over a dozen other types of pets) I would totally freak if I got the crimson spectre that costs arena tickets to get. I dont do pvp much and usually lose when I do, and it's the most expensive pet to purchase, but for some reason I just really want this red spectre pet lol. Got several tapestries to port to nightside (idk why anyone would want to port there, they should be bazaar porting tapestries lol, or even port to the shopping district as I do a lot of pet name changing and dying of clothing :) )
Got 1 gh type house sign, and 2 gravestones to customize. Only thing I dont like about these is if you want your name on the things, it's your full name. I'd rather just have Welcome to Taryn's Death house or Welcome to Taryn's place. I dont like the full name thing. Did get 2 ghost dragons, 2 ghost hounds, golden armored skeleton pet, boss and regular banshee's, and a few other pets. Still have yet to get a full matching gear set I think. Too many carved skeleton heads, brooms, shovels and other blah housing stuff :(

Defender
May 18, 2009
122
Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
83
hunter33333 wrote:
I made a haunted maze. Maybe ya should stop by, eh? :)

A haunted maze would be fun!!!!!

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
83
I got a black cat from the Nightmare pack! I was sooo glad I decided not to just buy one

Explorer
Jun 23, 2011
83
Squalliam wrote:
Lol I spent 20,000 crowns on the dragon hoard pack hoping for the mount and didn't get it :/ Tried the nightmare pack and got it on the third try :P

I don't think the dragon hoard has a mount XD

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
894
Mist737 wrote:
I don't think the dragon hoard has a mount XD


The Dragons Hoard pack gives the the bone dragon mount as a epic drop.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2706
Mist737 wrote:
Squalliam wrote:
Lol I spent 20,000 crowns on the dragon hoard pack hoping for the mount and didn't get it :/ Tried the nightmare pack and got it on the third try :P

I don't think the dragon hoard has a mount XD


Dragon Hoard has a Bone Dragon Mount and the Dragon Wings mount.

Survivor
Mar 15, 2011
1
i cant seem to get any thing good out of this pack so don't waste your valuable coins! Ok i think i am good now!

1