Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Nice People

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1392
Let's talk about nice people we met in the game. (No names please.)

Describe the situation and what they did that was nice and what effect it had on you.

I will start.

I was doing team ups and I had two teams in a row who were just nice people.

The first team I was immediately happy when they listened to my suggestions and actually waited to let me finish typing before they ran ahead of the team. We worked really well together and it made the dungeon a joy to play.

The second team was one person and they just were very flexible and everything was fine. I feel the same I'm willing to work with people however they want as long as they are polite and respectful (as I am with them.) They didn't shout "the boss is mine!" and when I asked if they wanted the boss they demurred (no.) The part that was nice was that they didn't mind how it went. They just appreciated the help. They even said thank you.

Your turn! :)

Survivor
Feb 04, 2017
18
Nice People huh?

I was playing Nightshade for the first time and I had a team with me. One of the members was pretty overpowered and when I quoted how good he was he asked if we needed his help.
My friend (who has been with me up to this level) and I said sure. So he helped us in Kroktopia which we soon got up to after defeating Nightshade and yeah, he helped us get started in that, kill a few bosses and enemies.
Then he asked me for a Ghultures hoard pack.

So I don't know if that's doing something without expecting a reward or what but it was still nice to offer his help even though he most likely just had nothing else to do.

Yeah there's a lot of different types of nice people, some are just nice to you, some offer there help, some give you things and then there's the guy that will do you a solid for a solid back xD

Jesse Goldenpetal

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1392
I like your stories about nice people Jesse Goldenpetal. Thanks for sharing them!

Even though the person asked for a pack at the end (that disappointed me a bit to read), I agree that it was nice of them to help for quite a while without saying anything. And since there was no agreement first you all would've been within rights (to anyone I think) to say no. And he took that chance anyway so that is good too.
Of course helping others with no benefit to self other than maybe feeling good to help, is the pinnacle (at least to me) of a good deed.

Your story reminded me of a person I said hi to in Grizzleheim once. My wizard was the same school as most enemies there. They happened to be that school too but way higher level. They said hi and that they were bored and farming for couch potatoes. I offered to give them some if I had any (I don't care about gardens yet.) They said nah it is Ok and asked if I needed help.
They wound up helping me with 3 or 4 battles and/or bosses and then we both were kind of tired and logged out. But friended first. I thought that was pretty nice.

It's also always just nice if you say hi and others say hi back, or how are you etc.

Hero
Mar 16, 2012
797
SparkleTude on Mar 7, 2017 wrote:
Let's talk about nice people we met in the game. (No names please.)

Describe the situation and what they did that was nice and what effect it had on you.

I will start.

I was doing team ups and I had two teams in a row who were just nice people.

The first team I was immediately happy when they listened to my suggestions and actually waited to let me finish typing before they ran ahead of the team. We worked really well together and it made the dungeon a joy to play.

The second team was one person and they just were very flexible and everything was fine. I feel the same I'm willing to work with people however they want as long as they are polite and respectful (as I am with them.) They didn't shout "the boss is mine!" and when I asked if they wanted the boss they demurred (no.) The part that was nice was that they didn't mind how it went. They just appreciated the help. They even said thank you.

Your turn! :)
This happened to me yesterday: I was in a team up queue for the Tower of Babble in Mirage. I had tried to solo that dungeon ( I always try to solo at least once ) and had the worst time with the Tome fight.
Anyway I got a team up with one other wizard ( a Life, I'm Death school ). We said "Hi" to each other and fought and complimented each other on our attacks ( and damage ). Well we finished the tower and continued our questing.
When it came to the next dungeon, he said "Do you mind if I join you?"
I said "I was hoping you would."
It was a pleasant afternoon.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2017
18
SparkleTude on Mar 8, 2017 wrote:
I like your stories about nice people Jesse Goldenpetal. Thanks for sharing them!

Even though the person asked for a pack at the end (that disappointed me a bit to read), I agree that it was nice of them to help for quite a while without saying anything. And since there was no agreement first you all would've been within rights (to anyone I think) to say no. And he took that chance anyway so that is good too.
Of course helping others with no benefit to self other than maybe feeling good to help, is the pinnacle (at least to me) of a good deed.

Your story reminded me of a person I said hi to in Grizzleheim once. My wizard was the same school as most enemies there. They happened to be that school too but way higher level. They said hi and that they were bored and farming for couch potatoes. I offered to give them some if I had any (I don't care about gardens yet.) They said nah it is Ok and asked if I needed help.
They wound up helping me with 3 or 4 battles and/or bosses and then we both were kind of tired and logged out. But friended first. I thought that was pretty nice.

It's also always just nice if you say hi and others say hi back, or how are you etc.
True, so true.
All I can say is Wizard101 is a nice community filled with players of every age and background and its truly a privilege to be part of :)

I hope you continue to meet nice people

Jesse Goldenpetal

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1392
Anecorbie that sounds great! It makes me happy to read such stories. Thanks so much for sharing it and I hope you have many more like it.
Jesse you too and thank you!

I hope people will continue to share their "nice person stories" when they can or wish. :)

Defender
Jan 30, 2014
172
I knew someone I had friended a long time ago and it's a touching story. (We aren't friends anymore because it was on my old storm character).

This guy, levels behind me, told me he would help me. Well, I wasn't really on that train because of his level, but help is help. I teleported him in the dungeon with me and we fought Krokopatra (I'm pretty sure). Then he did the most nice thing when I was on the verge. We both had low health (amateur wizards [both of us]) And he used a death spell. He hurt himself and gave me life. He died and fled the dungeon. I think I nearly cried, this guy did that. He wasn't like any other I've done a dungeon with. Nobody ever did that for me (I do it for my sis) and it warmed my heart. I would have never beaten that if he hadn't given up so I could finish. It really touched my heart, even if it's just a game. Just imagine that in real life for a moment.

That is a moment I kind of treasure. There's always the nice people.

More stories to come! (my HP is about to die )

Alexis

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
1851
I met two very nice guys over the last few weeks. First was a high level Death who was doing a Daily Assignment on Colossus Blvd where my baby Death was also fighting Gobblers. He noticed I had a Sea Dragon with basic talents and asked if I wanted to try and hatch a better death pet. Then he showed me the pets that he had, one with defense stats and one with offense. I chose the offense.

Amazingly, next he took me to Vestrilund where we farmed a bear about 20 times to get me enough gold to hatch. We hatched. He contacted me the next day to see if the pet turned out well and, when seeing the Sea Dragon's stats mostly came through, he hatched with me again. He got nothing out of it and asked for nothing in return. Just said every new Death wizard should have a good pet.

The pet is AMAZING so far, all criticals, block and spell proof. It's probably the best experience I've ever had in this game even after playing for years.

The other was this weekend. I was at the start of Zamunda (Zafaria) just wasting time for a few minutes while fighting the Big Horns. He was 'dual-boxing' his level 70 Life with his 120 Storm and asked me if I'd like to join him since he could tell I was only one quest behind.

The only caveat he had was, "Do you mind if I kill them quickly?"

Um, no. LOL. We ended up playing together for a couple of hours and blasted through battle after battle. We paused so he could put a tea kettle on, then blasted through some more. Thanks to his cheerful help we got nearly to Drum Jungle before he finally said good bye and logged off.

Usually I solo so it's good to be reminded that this game can be lots of fun when we pause to talk to people.

Alia Misthaven

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1392
ThisGirlIsOnFire, and Freshta, thank you for your "nice people" stories! Those are great stories!
So glad you had those wonderful things happen in Wizard 101.



It is really a different game when people are selfless or willing to help.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
399
Really great stories here! :)

Okay, I had ported to a friend who was questing in Zafaria (I was a little behind her at the time) and a max Death (At the time the level cap was 110) Was helping her out. I stuck around for a few battles and decided to leave.

The next day she decided to work on WinterTusk. The same friend was there. We all talked while battling and stuff. I then realized that I was really running short of gold and I asked her if we could farm Vestrilund.

Her friend then sent a request to me and traded me a LOT of treasure cards. I said oh no, it's fine. He said it's okay lol. He helped me catch up to my friends' quest and we've been questing ever since.

It amazes me that people take the time to go out of their lane and help someone who they hardly even know.
Well that's my story, I have a ton more but it'll take a lifetime to type them out lol.

To my friend: If you're reading this, hey :)

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1392
Great story MiraJane. Sounds like that wizard was the helper who kept on helping.

Nice of them to help more than once and more than one person.

Nice idea to help someone by gifting them some treasure cards.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
25
A person I still hold to this day very close to my heart is someone who practically held my hand every step of the way when it came to hatching, and helping me farm for certain items. He was by no means perfect, not the best player, or some people probably wouldn't even consider him good, but to me, the flaws make me appreciate him more. He needed help himself, yet each day I would log on he was always willing to help me out, the person behind the screen
whose identity always remained a secret, had dedicated himself to helping people like me. Like leaves on a tree, eventually, he faded away from me and would eventually completely disappear from the game. It hurts me to think that now that I can stand on my own two feet, do the tasks he once helped me with, I can never repay him back, for the generous things he did. I hope that one day perhaps I will find that person. I still remember his quiet persona, his silence, only speaking when asked a question, or giving advice to someone. I hope that one day, if we ever cross paths again, that I could show him how much I have grown as a player because of his acts of kindness, helping me get off my feet and become a better player, as doing it on my own seemed to be impossible back when the only people you could trust would never reach out to help you up and instead asks for favors. He was the only person I met that never asked for anything in return, always willing to help someone in need, as if he was some hero from a storybook, which is just the type of person he has and will always be in my heart.

Hero
Mar 16, 2012
797
Kitkat8170 on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
A person I still hold to this day very close to my heart is someone who practically held my hand every step of the way when it came to hatching, and helping me farm for certain items. He was by no means perfect, not the best player, or some people probably wouldn't even consider him good, but to me, the flaws make me appreciate him more. He needed help himself, yet each day I would log on he was always willing to help me out, the person behind the screen
whose identity always remained a secret, had dedicated himself to helping people like me. Like leaves on a tree, eventually, he faded away from me and would eventually completely disappear from the game. It hurts me to think that now that I can stand on my own two feet, do the tasks he once helped me with, I can never repay him back, for the generous things he did. I hope that one day perhaps I will find that person. I still remember his quiet persona, his silence, only speaking when asked a question, or giving advice to someone. I hope that one day, if we ever cross paths again, that I could show him how much I have grown as a player because of his acts of kindness, helping me get off my feet and become a better player, as doing it on my own seemed to be impossible back when the only people you could trust would never reach out to help you up and instead asks for favors. He was the only person I met that never asked for anything in return, always willing to help someone in need, as if he was some hero from a storybook, which is just the type of person he has and will always be in my heart.
What a wonderful tribute to a gaming mentor! Now, how about you copy him? Try being as supportive to others - this is a quiet way to honor him - "pay it forward". Who knows how many lives can be touched and bettered if we follow your friend's example?

Illuminator
Aug 03, 2016
1392
KitKat your friend and helper sounds like a really good person always looking out for others. It's great to read about people such as that being in Wizard 101.

It's really nice that all this time later you and others wish to thank their helpers or nice people and/or wish they knew they were appreciated.

Mastermind
Oct 21, 2013
399
Kitkat8170 on Mar 17, 2017 wrote:
A person I still hold to this day very close to my heart is someone who practically held my hand every step of the way when it came to hatching, and helping me farm for certain items. He was by no means perfect, not the best player, or some people probably wouldn't even consider him good, but to me, the flaws make me appreciate him more. He needed help himself, yet each day I would log on he was always willing to help me out, the person behind the screen
whose identity always remained a secret, had dedicated himself to helping people like me. Like leaves on a tree, eventually, he faded away from me and would eventually completely disappear from the game. It hurts me to think that now that I can stand on my own two feet, do the tasks he once helped me with, I can never repay him back, for the generous things he did. I hope that one day perhaps I will find that person. I still remember his quiet persona, his silence, only speaking when asked a question, or giving advice to someone. I hope that one day, if we ever cross paths again, that I could show him how much I have grown as a player because of his acts of kindness, helping me get off my feet and become a better player, as doing it on my own seemed to be impossible back when the only people you could trust would never reach out to help you up and instead asks for favors. He was the only person I met that never asked for anything in return, always willing to help someone in need, as if he was some hero from a storybook, which is just the type of person he has and will always be in my heart.
Such a heartwarming story! :)