Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New way to get mega snacks?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 03, 2012
I know that there is the Pagoda and Winterbane to get free mega snack. You could also buy some from the crown shop. Is there any other way (Possibly an easier way?) that is free and you can get a lot of mega snacks? I am always training my pets, and I only have the lower level of snacks. Is there any easier way to get mega snacks? I have Pagoda and Winterbane but that is getting boring. Also, I have my bank and shared bank full of stuff, so I can not really do much anyways. I have hardly enough room in my back pack. The stuff I have, I can't sell because it's crown shop stuff. Is there anyway to get more room or put stuff somewhere else?

Defender
Dec 20, 2010
gardening works, can get megas when the plants get to elder. Farm for the plants that drop them.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Do you garden? Gardening is a GREAT way of getting mega snacks.

Lower level enemies in Grizzleheim drop Couch Potato seeds. They are easy to grow and give one mega snack at elder along with a seed to replenish.

Many bosses in Avalon drop Evil Magma Peas and Deadly Helephant Ear seeds. These plants also give Mega snacks at elder along with a seed to replenish.

Another way to get Deadly Helephant Ears is to grow Red and Pink Huckleberries. The Red Huckleberries will sometimes give Pink Huckleberries which gives a chance for the Deadly Helephant Ears throughout their harvest. Neither of those plants replenish themselves.

There are several other plants that produce mega snacks. You can learn which ones by going to www.wizard101central.com and checking out the wiki.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Brittany RainbowRu... on Aug 19, 2013 wrote:
I know that there is the Pagoda and Winterbane to get free mega snack. You could also buy some from the crown shop. Is there any other way (Possibly an easier way?) that is free and you can get a lot of mega snacks? I am always training my pets, and I only have the lower level of snacks. Is there any easier way to get mega snacks? I have Pagoda and Winterbane but that is getting boring. Also, I have my bank and shared bank full of stuff, so I can not really do much anyways. I have hardly enough room in my back pack. The stuff I have, I can't sell because it's crown shop stuff. Is there anyway to get more room or put stuff somewhere else?
No easy way. You can put stuff in houses like pets, mounts, and furniture. They are so powerful and helpful that no easy way should be available.

Squire
Mar 07, 2011
I would recommend farming for Couch Potatoes in Grizzleheim. Many of the regular mobs drop them, though it is a rare drop. They give a guarantee of one level 9 mega snack at elder. If you come across Evil Magma Peas, they also give a mega snack at elder

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
crown items can be feed to a pet as can everything else except for other pets and castles. crown items can also be sold to anywhere that is not the bazaar.
you can garden for mega snacks. there are a few bosses who drop evil magma peas which give mega snacks.
in grizzleheim the boars in the boar camp(the fire ones) drop couch potatoes which also give mega snacks
of course you could just but a bunch of evil magma peas or couch potatoes in the crown shop and they both reseed so that's infinite mega snacks as long as you take care of the plants.

Survivor
May 03, 2012
Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Mirror Lake gives two guaranteed mega snacks at the end. With a competent team you can finish a run in under 30 minutes.

Ultimately you will want to start a couch potato garden. They have fewer needs than just about any other mega-producing plant, and are more easily accessible.

Farming bloated, sometimes cheating bosses in Avalon for EMP or deadly/huckleberry seeds takes a 70+ wiz and lots of time. Farming Splithoof Barbarians in GH takes level 20+ and with a bladed sand or frog you can process a fight every 45-60 seconds.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Gardening is definitely the way to go. There are plants that give mega snacks at elder (as stated by previous posts). You can either farm bosses/mobs or buy them in the crown shop.

One way to get rank 8 mega snacks is to purchase Prickly Bear Cactus. I don't believe it's guaranteed to get rank 8 snacks at elder, however, the PBC plants can be purchased for GOLD (Krokotopia garden vendor is one of the places you can purchase the plants from). This would be a great start to your mega snack collection!