Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

NEW! Second Chance Chest Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Second Chance Chests have been added to the following Boss Encounters. Like previous Second Chance Chests, the first roll costs 50 Crowns, and the price increases with each Roll:

Wizard City
Prince Gobblestone
General Akilles
Harvest Lord
Grubb

Krokotopia
Krokenkahmen

Marleybone
Stoker
Dr. Von Katzenstein

Wintertusk
Austri
Nordri
Sudri
Vestri

A new type of Second Chance chest has been added to the following Boss Encounters. These chests start at 75 Crowns instead of the previous 50 Crowns, so pay attention, young Wizards!

Celestia
Selenor
Mithraya
Ptolemos
Astraeus
Selwyn Skywatcher

Zafaria
Nergal
Elephant Spectral Guardian
Lion Spectral Guardian
Gorilla Spectral Guardian

Avalon
Kiva White Talon
Young Morganthe
Pendragon
Nameless Knight

Maglump, Amphibaton, and Praxus in the Science Center no longer have Second Chance Chests.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jul 28, 2008
Other than a different price, are there any other differences between the new & old second chance chest?

Survivor
Jun 16, 2010
can you guys add chests to yakedo and youkai and a few more bosses in ms. they take awhile to farm so it would be easier, haha thankss c:

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
how about putting stuff in the chest
that is different than what you win in that fight.

i spent a several hundred crowns
only to get the very same robe several times
so i stopped using the chest

Defender
May 19, 2012
I don't understand what good these chests do. They seem a waste of crowns to me. I have yet to get anything good out of one. In game gear drops are not that great. I'm very disappointed in the loot system in this game. Seems like just another money making scheme to me, I'm sorry to say.

Defender
Jul 10, 2011
Just saying, spending 50 crowns and getting something worth 50 gold (At the bazaar!) is totally not worth it. The only time I ever used one of these obsidian chests I got an "Elven Pendant" back and it's an amulet that gives me fire elf.
Ot's only worth 51 gold at the bazaar! How much would it be worth at a amulet shop? 2 gold? Seriously!

Wolf SilverSpear ~ Level 47 Pyro

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
fiziali wrote:
I don't understand what good these chests do. They seem a waste of crowns to me. I have yet to get anything good out of one. In game gear drops are not that great. I'm very disappointed in the loot system in this game. Seems like just another money making scheme to me, I'm sorry to say.

The Second Chance chests use to be a good resource for drops from bosses like Malistaire. Where completing the dungeon required a full team and a couple of hours to get through. It was worth it to just pop in a few Crowns to try to get that 45 robe or Stormhound instead of spending another two hours or getting folks back together again. (you could say these were the original hoard packs)

Outside of Waterworks and Helephant Tower (which don't have these chests!) the bosses are easy to farm over and over, making the chests irrelevant to most players.