Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New School Mastery Amulets

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
50
All the Topic's discuss here is hitting everything on the mark or Target.
KI aka Wizard101 Has lost their directions on this. They need to stop and think this though.
1] Are you willing to Lose all the Members over Money issues?
2] Why are you refusing to increase our Level Caps?
3] Why are you limiting us all?

The Money you making off Subscriptions, Crowns and Gift Cards Should be Plenty if you just OPEN your mind to the Following:
1] Up the Levels = more players playing = more revenue
2] Increasing all the power base and resistance to all: the Clothes [Hats, Robes and Boots], giving better gears [Dagger for both primary and secondary school; Rings - the same as before; Wands - same thing]

Come on KI, Lesson you should learn: how many other Internet games folded due to them not listening to their Subscribers in the last 5 years? Over 600 Internet games have close their Game. Are you willing to fall in this category? I for one do hope not, For my Wife and I love this game.

KI, Time to wake up and Smell the Roses, before its too late!
William ThunderSword

Defender
Feb 28, 2010
114
I'm sorry Johnist, who are you to be telling me to stop complaining? I'm entitled to my opinion, and since I have 4 paid accounts, I believe I have an even larger entitlement to voice my opinion. I am not looking at the cost of just retraining 1 or 2 wizards, in fact at the time of this announcement, I had 14 Legendary wizards who were fully trained based on the original scope of the game. That's a pretty hefty price tag for me to retrain each of them... my other alternative was to delete the wizards and start from scratch, which would be cheaper, which is exactly what I decided to do as I was/am not willing to keep on shelling out more and more money to KI for things that they decide to put into the game. What KI forgot to mention is that these amulets would be dropped by bosses, they continually give information in bits and pieces, and they themselves create an uproar from the subscribers. If they in fact were more transparent with what is going to occur then they would probably have less complaining.

Johnist wrote:
CoopKoda wrote:
When you change the scope of the game this much, we shouldn't have to pay anything to have our training points returned. This should be something that you KI do as a gesture of goodwill... especially when you're charging CROWNS for these amulets only!

Grow up Coop. KingsIsle doesn't even HAVE to lower the buyback if they didn't want to. Stop complaining and accept the fact that the game is just that, a GAME. Crowns items and buying back spells is completely optional. If you made a mistake, you get free buybacks up to level 12 equivalent of TP.

Historian
May 01, 2010
665
CoopKoda wrote:
I'm sorry Johnist, who are you to be telling me to stop complaining? I'm entitled to my opinion, and since I have 4 paid accounts, I believe I have an even larger entitlement to voice my opinion. I am not looking at the cost of just retraining 1 or 2 wizards, in fact at the time of this announcement, I had 14 Legendary wizards who were fully trained based on the original scope of the game. That's a pretty hefty price tag for me to retrain each of them... my other alternative was to delete the wizards and start from scratch, which would be cheaper, which is exactly what I decided to do as I was/am not willing to keep on shelling out more and more money to KI for things that they decide to put into the game. What KI forgot to mention is that these amulets would be dropped by bosses, they continually give information in bits and pieces, and they themselves create an uproar from the subscribers. If they in fact were more transparent with what is going to occur then they would probably have less complaining.

Johnist wrote:
CoopKoda wrote:
When you change the scope of the game this much, we shouldn't have to pay anything to have our training points returned. This should be something that you KI do as a gesture of goodwill... especially when you're charging CROWNS for these amulets only!

Grow up Coop. KingsIsle doesn't even HAVE to lower the buyback if they didn't want to. Stop complaining and accept the fact that the game is just that, a GAME. Crowns items and buying back spells is completely optional. If you made a mistake, you get free buybacks up to level 12 equivalent of TP.


you know, you dont HAVE to buy the amulets you dont HAVE to rebuy back your training points, i may not have as many wizards as you say you do, but i know this, also, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and jsut because you have a larger wallet than some of us, it doesnt mean you have a larger voice.
and if i recall correctly at the bottom of Greyrose's post it said this
"These items are currently not available as drops from creatures, but will be available as drops from creatures when we release Wintertusk. "
so how did they fail to mention that they will be dropped? you can go with your origanal second school, and i am guessing you wanted to retrain life? there are life treasure cards

and now, i am going to defend Johnist
"I'm entitled to my opinion", so is johnist, it is his opinion that you are complaining, and now you are telling him that he cant speak his opinion?
i.e. "I'm sorry Johnist, who are you to be telling me to stop complaining?"

Survivor
May 31, 2010
26
The Amulets are a Great Idea, but wayyyy too expensive. I am lucky to be able to purchase crowns and get the amulets, but I don't see too many other people wearing them.

I find it crazy that anyone should have to pay $20.00 for a computer program and that is all the amulets are. I know you have employees to pay, but help out these kids that don't have crowns and make crown items more reasonable or give them the gold option.

Thank you in advance for listenting
:D

Survivor
Jul 10, 2009
1
I recently just got rid of my level 53 grandmaster conjurer because i was not satisfied with my storm secondary school and i didnt have any crowns which are far to expensive. for $60 my whole family can go out to eat and they charge us this for pretend cash where everything is far overpriced?
this is rediculous :( :( :(

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
16
lollipopsky wrote:
These amulets are great for ice school wizards as they keep their health and resist but can gain stronger spells, for all other schools these amulets are just fun but do not make them able to fairly compete vs ice. These amulets should not be allowed in PvP or else all schools should now have equal health and resist, ice is able to have strong spells but the strong spell school wizards can not get ice health and resist. I hope KI does something to once again make all 7 schools equal in PvP. I have wizards in all 7 schools and I would like them to all have the same fair chance in PvP. And getting a life amulet for storm wizards is not the solution as the storm char would be wasting some pips on healing, and the ice wizard could use all pips to hit and rely on their greater health and resist to stay alive.


You're right ice got tons of health but their spell are not that strong and in the past month it seem ice is getting better with their resit now it will be totally unfair that they can use other school spells as if it was their own they should give other school almost the same health as life specially storm
pvp wont be fair anymore ice will be taking over

Survivor
Jul 17, 2010
8
It is amazing what i am reading here.

most of what i read is unnecessary complaining by people whose logic is slightly off.
first, i must point out:
These items are currently not available as drops from creatures, but will be available as drops from creatures when we release Wintertusk. "
with this, all of the arguments that the amulets are too expensive is unnecessary and ridiculous. Getting with crowns is the lazy way to get them. you expect the lazy way to be cheap? if you can just get what you want then what is the point of playing? pvp is only a small fraction of the game, it does not revolve around it. good pvp players do not need these amulets to win.
alfraganus wrote:
OK HERE goes my answer. YES KingsIsle is earning money so what? Do they have to donate everything they made new in the game? KingsIsle doesn't work for donation or something just to make fun for people. They are doing business; It is a private company. If you are disappointed of this don't play then; there are so many people who are willing to pay and continue playing without making so many complaints. Everything they (KI) do costs a lot of money. There are so many people working in KingsIsle getting paid by this company. Since KI owns the game you have to follow their rules. Don't you know almost all "crowns only" items drop in the game? They are trying to make opportunities for those who can not or don't want to spend money and play the game. Yes they listen to their players and try not to lose them but it doesn't mean that if players ask to change something in the game they should change; It is not like that. There are over 15 million players within the US not considering other international players. So many players who play only with trial have been asking to open all areas in Wizard City for them. But what if KingsIsle opened those areas??? Then players would start asking to open areas in Krokotopia, Grizzleheim, etc. KingsIsle holds all information about their players and if they realize that they are losing players they will definitely make free items in the game trying to attract other players. If you quit the game another new players come to play; keep in mind that you are not the only one playing Wizard101. So think deeply before you post here. One more time! KingsIsle inc. is a private company and works to earn money.

amazing, why did i both posting when this was said. i do have other points of course.

This is one of the better additions I have seen and helps solve a major problem of the game, the lack of variety in a players deck. Usually you know that a player will mainly use one or two attacks based on their school, and it makes the game so boring. The more attacks you make available to players, and the more types of interesting spells like beguile that you put in, the better the game will be.
i agree with this wholeheartedly. now i can use those once useless secondary spells.

"Free to play" is an inaccurate representation of Wizard101, and KI needs to change its banner
apparently, you do not know what "free to play" means. it means you dont have to buy the game to play the game. for example, WoW is not a free to play game because you have to buy the game. another example, Diablo2(yes another blizzard game) is not a free to play game; yes it has no cost to play online, but the game is not free. only reason diablo2 is still online is because blizzard moved it to a terrible server and make enormous sums of money from WoW. do you see the updates they make KI makes? do they cost the players anything to get the upgrade? thats right it doesnt. you can still access the game without paying, true it is limited access, but that access still has a cost for KI. they work very hard to keep the game functioning as smoothly as possible, and it costs a lot to keep this up.

I dare anyone to prove me wrong!

Can Ice have the power of storm?
Ice has resistance and health, but can never have the power of storm! Just because they can cast storm spells, does not mean they get storms power! So, the damage increases on base damage, but Ice does not have the damage modifiers that storm does, nor the simple storm blade!

there is way anyone can prove this wrong. ice cannot support a storm engine and be efficient with it. 1] they lack the simple +dmg from gear. 2] accuracy of both schools are bad, cant compensate for both nor can ice maintain their "tank" status and get decent storm gear. their only hope is treasure cards. good luck getting all of them you need. 3] tempest? ice has the worst power pips in game, good luck fueling it sufficiently.

KI aka Wizard101 Has lost their directions on this. They need to stop and think this though.
1] Are you willing to Lose all the Members over Money issues?
2] Why are you refusing to increase our Level Caps?
3] Why are you limiting us all?


losing all members over money issues? that's not going to happen. so 1/800000 of the games' population is disgruntled over not being able to be lazy and get what they want immediately. i was disappointed with the lack of lvl cap increase, but that will come in due time. chill ;D limiting us? i will agree to a certain point (gear[not the amulets], and lvl cap) but when it really comes down to limiting, it is the individual who limits themselves to the potential of their characters.

and those who have multi accounts of char, where do you get all that time?! o.O certainly with this much free time you will have no problem farming dungeons for the amulets.

overall, these new amulets are awesome. hard to get? thats perfectly fine, makes it all more worth it. i had a complaint about mega snacks, then i found out i can farm for them (dungeon and gardening). now i dont complain because i can work for them. working for them makes the acquisition all the more sweet. and yes i will admit i trolled a little bit on this thread, but many of the angry complains annoyed me to the point of posting. the game hasnt done anything wrong (except for perhaps the raising of pet energy 250%), so dont be angry. KI will listen if it sees valid points, may not act on then, but they are heard.


Defender
Jul 17, 2010
123
CoopKoda wrote:
When you change the scope of the game this much, we shouldn't have to pay anything to have our training points returned. This should be something that you KI do as a gesture of goodwill... especially when you're charging CROWNS for these amulets only!

The master amulets are also dropped by enemies in the Waterworks!

Explorer
May 05, 2011
56
:P :P :D :D :D I am so glad that you dont have to buy them and they can be dropped in wt! I now have to finish gh to get my lvl 58 pet and amulet also spell i'm very impressed with all the work you put into wintertusk!

Survivor
Dec 05, 2009
2
lollipopsky wrote:
These amulets are great for ice school wizards as they keep their health and resist but can gain stronger spells, for all other schools these amulets are just fun but do not make them able to fairly compete vs ice. These amulets should not be allowed in PvP or else all schools should now have equal health and resist, ice is able to have strong spells but the strong spell school wizards can not get ice health and resist. I hope KI does something to once again make all 7 schools equal in PvP. I have wizards in all 7 schools and I would like them to all have the same fair chance in PvP. And getting a life amulet for storm wizards is not the solution as the storm char would be wasting some pips on healing, and the ice wizard could use all pips to hit and rely on their greater health and resist to stay alive.


Will start training ice wizard, since it is the only school worth anything now.

You know what would be great? Someone explaining IN FULL DEPTH how Ice Wizards, such as myself, are now as you other players would call it "Top of the class". Please tell me this. I would enjoy your response, because if the reason isn't there, it would be quite accurate to make the assuption that all who make this claim, are just trying to restore ice back to the weak state it was in. I would not see in anyway how the obtainable spells by training points would make ice dominant over an extremely powerful school such as storm. One Leviathan with the just the right blades and traps could defeat an ice wizard with no problem at all.

else all schools should now have equal health and resist, ice is able to have strong spells but the strong spell school wizards can not get ice health and resist.

Right there. That's what took my last nerve and forced me to right this reply. That would completely make ice obsolete. That would ruin the perfect balance in which KI has perfected over the course of its time on the internet.

I would really enjoy an educated response on this matter and not just one of those who I know will respond by saying "Oh your ice you just want to keep your lead against other players." No actually, I do no longer participate in Player Vs. Player ranked combat. So please I would very much enjoy a civilized response on this matter.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2724
Poky,

Like most change in Wizard101, some players cannot adapt. The posts you quoted were from players who considered the mastery amulets unfair or considered them game changers. Months later, we have discovered that very little has changed and the amulets have amounted to a simple choice in strategy. Ice is not any stronger because of the amulets, in fact, none of the schools are. It is just a variation in the way a wizard can play a duel now. I even have one for my Ice, but don't equip it because between my base Ice spells and Astral spells, I get the job done. Those secondary school spells are not worth it, except for a few certain bosses (Ice ones, even then prism works wonders).

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
11
Alright, first of all I have read all of the remarks on this and while I am slightly behind the times on the posts, I have to throw in my 2 cents. I want to say that in my opinion the amulets are a great addtition to the game. I am lvl 60 pyro with life mastery, which has saved my behind more times than I can count :). To those of you complaining about the amulets being to steep in price, you must have no idea about how the world works. First off it probably took the people at KI months to make the amulets into a functional piece of equipment for us to use, costing thousands of dollars in man power and utilities for us to use this item. So boo on you guys for putting down their hard work, and pretty much saying the heck with your pay check gimme gimme gimme. As for kids not being able to afford them well I run a single income home, my wife stays home, and if my kids want anything they get it the old fassioned way, doing chores and saving up allowance. If they want it bad enough better to earn it then have it given to them. Last I do have a suggestion that could be acceptable, because lets face it I love playing the game and being the baddest on the block. I think KI should allow gold sales in the crown shop. Like 1 day sales where if you have it you will get it if not you don't.

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
260
I have earned 3 mastery amulets from the Waterworks (Death, Balance, Life) and a Seadragon from Astreus so far. I worked hard to obtain them and feel rewarded for my efforts. I actually like how they are difficult to get as it gives me something to strive for while I wait for aditional content.

People work to get what they want. People work hard IRL to earn money and if they choose to spend that earned income on crowns gear, I have no problem with that.

If people work hard in game to earn the equipment, I have no problem with that.

Either way, people put in the time investment.


Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice


Survivor
Mar 29, 2010
38

These items are currently not available as drops from creatures, but will be available as drops from creatures when we release Wintertusk.

that was a quote from Miss Greyrose When I saw the post it wasn't listed as a quote so I thought I would mention that fact.
I have been all through wintertusk several times and farmed some of the highest monsters but still no amulet which monsters drop the new amulets does anybody out there know please tell me if you do M y favorite amulet is the life amulet because I can use it to heal a lot faster than I could without it

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
7
Professor Greyrose wrote:
We're very excited to introduced these Amulets that will let you use Power Pips for a school outside of your main school of focus!

These Amulets can be purchased in the Crown Shop only. Purchase the Amulet that corresponds to your secondary or tertiary school (not your primary school) so that Power Pips can be used for those spells.

We realize many of you will want to respec your Training Points for this purpose, and we have reduced the cost of Training Point respect at Mr Lincoln in Golem Court.

These items are currently not available as drops from creatures, but will be available as drops from creatures when we release Wintertusk.


These items are way too overpriced, all of your players support you KI, but you choose to take advantage of us and steal our money? That sounds balanced/fair.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
7
Devil King wrote:
MikeStrath wrote:
Hafian wrote:
All I can say is "Wow." So now, hypothetically if someone wanted to buyback their points at level 60 and buy one of those amulets, you're looking at about a $35 deal.

~10,000 crowns = $20.
Buy back points at level 60 = $15 (7000 Crowns)

Now they're having a sale on buy back... hmm, wonder why?

Buy back points sale at level 60 = Still $15. You can't buy exactly 5240 crowns.

More and more games are going the way of, "Give us money, you'll be the best in the game" type of mindset.


Ummm. under the recent sale on crowns, that being 60,000 crowns for $60, and with the playing public aware these were going to cost crowns only, thought ahead and bought....

10,000 crowns is $10.

Now, if you didn't plan ahead, even at the $80 for 60,000 crowns, that works out at a little over $13.

Now, I realize a few only want to buy exactly the correct amount of crowns at a more expensive rate, but don't over-inflate the prices, always use the best deal values.

By the way, the $17 for both a respec and the amulet is only 2 hrs at minimum wage. We always need to put things in perspective with real values.


Real Values!?! What site are you buying crowns from cause on the Wizard 101 site 10,000 crowns costs twenty dollars (two five thousand crown buys) as for the rest of your post! Yeah let's get real!! What kid do you know with $60.00 to buy the sale crowns. You sound like a frivolous spender with very little real values. Also your post has little if anything to do with planning ahead so who knows where you got that??!!


Yea seriously, what middle-class kind of person has $60 to just throw at a game, please be more reasonable KI