Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New player with questions.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
Hello, everyone. I just started the game and am curious, how do I use Treasure Cards? I have them equipped but in battle I can't discard to use one. Advice?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
If they're in the sideboard of the deck you're currently using, you can discard from your regular deck and choose "Draw". That will bring a random Treasure card from the sideboard into the regular deck, which you can then use.

You can discard as many cards as you wish and replace them with cards in the sideboard. Cards you drew from the sideboard can be discarded on the following turn.

Treasure cards are one-time-use only. A card that successfully casts a spell is gone (think of it as re-materializing as the spell) and won't be available thereafter.

Treasure cards follow the same discard and fizzle rules as regular cards, e.g.:

If the treasure card's spell fizzles, the card goes back into the sideboard and can be drawn again.

A Treasure card that's drawn and discarded is no longer available for that battle. It will return to the sideboard when the battle is over.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
GraceMyth wrote:
Hello, everyone. I just started the game and am curious, how do I use Treasure Cards? I have them equipped but in battle I can't discard to use one. Advice?

To "discard" when you are in battle, just "right click" on a card that you don't want, and then the word "draw" lights up. At that time, you can click on "draw" and it will randomly select one of your treasure cards.

Hope this helped.

Survivor
Mar 19, 2011
Thanks guys so much! I also have another question. It seems, I have become a fan of crafting and am searching for some materials for the dagger of absolution. I can't find a guide that tells where they are.

~ I am an Ice Wizard, so, I was thinking of specing another skill tree but am not sure what would best compliment ice. Suggestions are appreciated.

~ Also, is there any way lift some of the word restrictions? I can't type numbers or even say certain number words and I sometimes don't know how to get around it. The word filter is a wee much for me but I am sure I can adapt.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
GraceMyth wrote:
Thanks guys so much! I also have another question. It seems, I have become a fan of crafting and am searching for some materials for the dagger of absolution. I can't find a guide that tells where they are.

~ I am an Ice Wizard, so, I was thinking of specing another skill tree but am not sure what would best compliment ice. Suggestions are appreciated.

~ Also, is there any way lift some of the word restrictions? I can't type numbers or even say certain number words and I sometimes don't know how to get around it. The word filter is a wee much for me but I am sure I can adapt.

Most of thereagents for crafting can be found in the world you are crafting for, for example, the first crafting quest in Krok needs parchment and stone blocks. These are found in the end of 'streets, in the 'rounds' and at other locations. Some reagents must be bought, check the reagent seller next to the quest giver. This does break down for some who can only play peak periods when collecting scrap iron (MB), black lotus (MS), diamonds and black pearls (DS), etc....but you can 'farm'. A list of good locations can be found at Wizard 101 for all the crafting quests and where to find locations of reagents.

My favorite Ice took death as a secondary (to Feint) and some Life school (for healing). Ice can take damage, so damage schools, like storm and fire, don't make sense to me, and you can get fire elf on an amulet. When in CL, you will be able to spend on many interesting spells that can boost (Sun can add damage, Star can boost crits, etc).

You can get 'Adult Speak' if you are a credit card member, just go to your account on this page, and you can change to the least restrictive 'speak' there. Note: If you are a parent and sharing with a child, it will also enable them to 'adult speak'.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
To me, the Life school would almost always seem the most logical choice if you are not a Life wizard or Death wizard.

Satyr is incredibly useful to have when you have lost a lot of health points, and can prevent you from biting the big one.

Survivor
Mar 29, 2011
GraceMyth wrote:

I am also trying to craft the dagger, I got the recipe from the NCP but it doesn't show up in my stuff.

Also can anyone tell me how I choose a school of focus? I have not been able to find the answer for this anywhere.

Name in game is Molly Pixieflower, if you want to be friends.

Squire
Apr 30, 2010
I use my treasure cards for the bosses most of the time. That way I have a big selection which you will need in Celestia. Once in a while I'll use it for a fight but mostly for bosses.
Also some of the things you have to craft later on need to use treasure cards.

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
twinkerbell26 wrote:
I am also trying to craft the dagger, I got the recipe from the NCP but it doesn't show up in my stuff.

Also can anyone tell me how I choose a school of focus? I have not been able to find the answer for this anywhere.

Name in game is Molly Pixieflower, if you want to be friends.

twinkerbell26, whenever you get a crafting quest, your quest-log will display the item the needs to be made. However, you must purchase the recipe separately. If you have purchased the recipe, you should see it in your recipe book. Hit the "j" key to access your recipe book. Otherwise, return to the vendor and see if it is still for sale – once you purchase a recipe you cannot purchase it again. If its not available for sale, and not in your recipe book, you should contact customer support and submit a ticket.

Your primary school of focus is selected when you create a character. Each school has their strengths and weaknesses; as such each school has their own style of play. The initial questionnaire when you start playing is supposed to help you choose your school. Otherwise you can check out various fan sites to see a more in depth breakdown of the schools.

Any other spell, you get using your training points. Your choice in these spells depend on your primary school, style of play and your ability to acquire the pendant which allows you to use power pips on other schools (school mastery pendants).

I would gladly help you play. But, you need to let me know where (realm and world) and when (don't forget to include your time zone :D) you play.

All these questions and more can be answered at the wizard101central.com fan site.

L. Swiftblade - Diviner
L. Emeraldeyes – Theurgist
A. Darkweave - Sorcerer