Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Place for Complaints?

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Yeah, that's right, there is a new place for most of the complaints that go on here! It's called File 13, otherwise known as my paper shredder!

KI has done an excellent job with all the updates! Did a great Job with Wintertusk, the pets, the spells, even the gear! So, with all the hard work, I would like to thank KI from the bottom of my heart!

Now, here is what I think of most of the complaints out there:

1. They should have increased the level cap, I am wasting xp:

KI will increase the level cap, when they are ready! This is not just for Legendaries, this is for all wizards. Once you complete Ravenscar, you will be able to go to Wintertusk! This game is not all about you and your Legendary!

2. They should have made all variations of pets:

The new pets are great and well thought out! Some say there is no mix between pets, but you don't get the hybrid everytime, so how can you be so sure? Also, why would you want to? Can't you just be happy with what they have given us? Pets are a priveledge and not a right!

3. Wintertusk was released too early, too many bugs!

We, the consumers kept asking and begging for the release of Wintertusk! Not everyone has the same problems, some, have had no problems at all! So, sorry if this is an inconvience to some, but it is a great release!

4. The worlds are too hard! Not enough drops!

KI has gone out of their way to make questing easier and not take forever on getting drops for quests! They have listened and given us exactly what we have asked for, yet, some, are never satisfied and still complain on this issue! As for the level of difficulty, it is perfect where it is! By this level, you should be ready for anything! This is a multiplayer game, not a solo act!

5. Waterworks needs better drops!

Waterworks was given better drops! You can't ask for any more than what they have given us! A chance to get legendary gear, a chance at great crown items, and a place to get mega snacks! What more do you want? a cookie?

6. This spell is wrong and does not help! fix it KI!

Oh, this can be said about those that want to use insane bolt every round! Oh no, you can die if you do this? lol I love that addition!
Frozen Armor, KI did listen and this can be placed on others. This may not be great for PvP players, but it is a great spell in PvE and can save lives!
SuperCharge! The power blade for storm, if you don't like it, don't use it. A lot of storm characters like this blade and it does have uses!

Now, I am sorry if I have offended anyone with my posts, but I am really tired of hearing the complaints about spells, wintertusk, and drops!

KI has done an excellent job of making sure they have fixed and given us exactly what the players wanted and now some players still want to complain? So, I made this post to officially thank KI for the outstanding Job and to let them know, I have the complaints covered in my trash bin!

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
darthjt wrote:
Yeah, that's right, there is a new place for most of the complaints that go on here! It's called File 13, otherwise known as my paper shredder!

KI has done an excellent job with all the updates! Did a great Job with Wintertusk, the pets, the spells, even the gear! So, with all the hard work, I would like to thank KI from the bottom of my heart!

KI will increase the level cap, when they are ready! This is not just for Legendaries, this is for all wizards. Once you complete Ravenscar, you will be able to go to Wintertusk! This game is not all about you and your Legendary!

The new pets are great and well thought out! Some say there is no mix between pets, but you don't get the hybrid everytime, so how can you be so sure? Also, why would you want to? Can't you just be happy with what they have given us? Pets are a priveledge and not a right!

We, the consumers kept asking and begging for the release of Wintertusk! Not everyone has the same problems, some, have had no problems at all! So, sorry if this is an inconvience to some, but it is a great release!

KI has gone out of their way to make questing easier and not take forever on getting drops for quests! They have listened and given us exactly what we have asked for, yet, some, are never satisfied and still complain on this issue! As for the level of difficulty, it is perfect where it is! By this level, you should be ready for anything! This is a multiplayer game, not a solo act!

Waterworks was given better drops! You can't ask for any more than what they have given us! A chance to get legendary gear, a chance at great crown items, and a place to get mega snacks! What more do you want? a cookie?

Oh, this can be said about those that want to use insane bolt every round! Oh no, you can die if you do this? lol I love that addition!
Frozen Armor, KI did listen and this can be placed on others. This may not be great for PvP players, but it is a great spell in PvE and can save lives!
SuperCharge! The power blade for storm, if you don't like it, don't use it. A lot of storm characters like this blade and it does have uses!

Now, I am sorry if I have offended anyone with my posts, but I am really tired of hearing the complaints about spells, wintertusk, and drops!

KI has done an excellent job of making sure they have fixed and given us exactly what the players wanted and now some players still want to complain? So, I made this post to officially thank KI for the outstanding Job and to let them know, I have the complaints covered in my trash bin!

Despite your gushing of praise upon KI,complaints exist because of problems and bugs with the game. You may choose to overlook it, but it doesn't make legitimate problems go away. The only way to address these problems is to post them for KI and others to know. Using the proverbial "Ostrich with it's head in the ground".will never solve real issues. You might not like what people say,but the game is better for it.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Despite your gushing of praise upon KI,complaints exist because of problems and bugs with the game. You may choose to overlook it, but it doesn't make legitimate problems go away. The only way to address these problems is to post them for KI and others to know. Using the proverbial "Ostrich with it's head in the ground".will never solve real issues. You might not like what people say,but the game is better for it.

Thank you!
The game is great, however, there were major glitches this time around. KI isn't going to know of them if people don't post here and contact support. Plus it's nice to know you aren't the only one experiencing the problems.
As for the level cap, once you hit legendary status, Pyrsik, come back and tell me the level cap doesn't need to be raised. Seriously. (And no it's not all about we legendary wizards, but to have the XP that is given out in Wintertusk go to 'waste' for us isn't exactly fair either, and there are people who have been at legendary status for months and months now.)
Moira Moonflower
Legendary Master of Ice

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Pyrsik wrote:
darthjt wrote:
My Original Post!

It is understandable that some of the glitches were posted about in the Lab! Of course, people never looked and posted over and over again on known issues!

Now, if you read my post, you would know and understand which complaints I am referring to! These are not real complaints, they are wants!

Armiger
May 10, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:
darthjt wrote:
My original Post!

Thank you!
The game is great, however, there were major glitches this time around. KI isn't going to know of them if people don't post here and contact support. Plus it's nice to know you aren't the only one experiencing the problems.
As for the level cap, once you hit legendary status, Pyrsik, come back and tell me the level cap doesn't need to be raised. Seriously. (And no it's not all about we legendary wizards, but to have the XP that is given out in Wintertusk go to 'waste' for us isn't exactly fair either, and there are people who have been at legendary status for months and months now.)
Moira Moonflower
Legendary Master of Ice

Once again, we are not talking about glitches! Also, I would like to say, not everyone was experiencing these glitches! If you read my posts, you would see which complaints I am talking about!

Also, I have 6, count them, 6 Legendary Wizards on this Account, and 4 Legendary Wizards on another account! So, I can understand about wanting a level cap raise, but so what? All that Xp going to waste? You don't think KI will give enough experience to reach the next level cap with the next world? This is about the game, the story, the fun! Enjoy being the TOP dog!
There are more things to worry about than XP!

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Eh, no it wasn't.

All companies release software before it's really ready specifically because no matter how much beta testing you do, until it's in the hands of the public, a fair number of problems will never be found. Beta tester may turn themselves into pretzles trying to cause or find problems, but even a large beta test group will never do as good a job of breaking something as public in general. And KI has been rapid about fixing stuff, with two large updates so far and new small patches just about every day.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
crystalwizard12345... wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Eh, no it wasn't.

All companies release software before it's really ready specifically because no matter how much beta testing you do, until it's in the hands of the public, a fair number of problems will never be found. Beta tester may turn themselves into pretzles trying to cause or find problems, but even a large beta test group will never do as good a job of breaking something as public in general. And KI has been rapid about fixing stuff, with two large updates so far and new small patches just about every day.

While I agree, some bugs will not be found until it is released and in the hands of the public, I still have to say, that the public did want, crave, beg, and plea for the release of wintertusk!

Do I think it was too early, no I don't! However, some have said they do!

What everyone fails to realize, that this is a post to praise KI for the outstanding job they have done with the Wintertusk release and trying so hard to fix the known glitches and bugs!

Now, for the other complaints, which I have listed, I have a specific place for them! Get it?

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
RavenLady777 wrote:

Thank you!
Moira Moonflower
Legendary Master of Ice

I have hit the level cap twice on my Life. Once it was the Grandmaster level cap. Now it is the Legendary cap. It really doesn't matter. You have some choices, play and lose the XP, wait to get the XP, craft, hatch, garden, PvP and Pet Derby while waiting. You can also start more wizards and "retire" the Lengendary for a while. I have a full account of wizards and am taking my time with the lower level ones. The XP is no big deal. When a new world comes out there is plenty of XP to make it two the next big level. You can also save side quests if you think you may need more.

Darthjt makes some legitimate points. Difficulty of the game, drop values, pet values, spell values and graphics are in the eye of the beholder. I have no doubt KI fully realizes no matter what they do someone will complain/criticize it.

I thank KI for being willing to listen us. They actively ask for both positive and negative feedback. This update had many things players asked for, hidden to friends and wand stitching jump right out. I think that is awfully cool.

Megan

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
darthjt wrote:
Pyrsik wrote:
darthjt wrote:
My Original Post!
It is understandable that some of the glitches were posted about in the Lab! Of course, people never looked and posted over and over again on known issues! Now, if you read my post, you would know and understand which complaints I am referring to! These are not real complaints, they are wants!
it is interesting to sign onto the message boards to see that my thoughts have been posted by a total stranger. some people are just not happy unless they are complaining about something, though, it seems. ah well, i support your message. -eli and crew

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
What darthjt is talking about(I am huge fan of his posts btw :D ) is that some complaints are just that: complaints. Ice is too powerful, this boss is too hard, etc. SOME complaints are legitimate and help with the game. people may post what they like.(Although, I am VERY glad there have not been any lower levels vs. grandmasters/legendarys posts for a while :P )
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Darthjt,

Unfortunately, Halston's Labatory has become the complaint department instead of the bug/technical failure notification that it was intended to serve as. Many times a wizard will find a legitimate bug (or ask if it is a bug) and attempt to post the problem, only to have multiple wizards complain about the same issue and threaten to unsubscribe. As Prof. Greyrose has indicated, "Be as detailed as possible about your issue so that we can better answer it in an efficient manner." If wizards worked together to replicate bugs in different manners, it would actually assist KI in fixing the problem. However, multiple complaint posts/threads only bury technical specifics and possible solutions, likely decreasing the chance KI Support reps will actually read it.

Some complaints are actually valid! I'm sure KI values input from wizards that don't like certain parts of the game (they do want to make it better for the majority, but you can't please everyone!). However, it seems the appropriate forum for those are in "Ravenwood Commons" in the form of constructive criticism or "The Dorms" in the form of suggested changes. Ideas don't have to be brand new to be put in that forum, they can suggest changes to existing spells, pets, or even recent changes themselves. However, the most important piece of the post is not what you don't like, but WHY you don't like it. Maybe a new addition didn't get the effect KI intended, so they need to hear about it. Threatening to unsubscribe has to opposite effect, since if you don't like it and quit playing, then problem solved. Everyone remaining must like it, right?