Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New! Lock your Items Feature

AuthorMessage
Administrator
We've all got special items we'd rather not accidentally sell - and now you can lock items in your backpack. You must enable Item Lock in the Gameplay Options Menu (press Escape to bring up the Options)

Then just select the item you want to lock, and click the 'Lock' button - but be careful, it's near the 'Equip', 'Feed to Pet' and 'Trash' Buttons!

Items you have chosen to lock will have a Locked icon in your backpack.

Locked items CAN
  • be put in houses
  • be put in the attic
  • be put in the bank
  • be put in the shared bank
  • be put on mannequins

Locked items CAN:
  • be dyed
  • be stitched
  • be unstitched
  • be used in a crafting recipe

Locked items CANNOT:
  • be sold to a vendor
  • be quick sold from the backpack
  • be sold to the Bazaar be trashed
  • be fed to a pet

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
Another feature I love. I do have a question: why can't we lock seeds? Those are often most in danger of getting fed to a pet. At least it s for me. Might be different for others.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
if only this came before I gave my ww robe to my pet. good update though ill be sure to lock the rest of my ww gear and my new robe when my gaming computer gets fixed AGAIN!

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Great idea! Thanks again! Only somewhat related, sorry, but at higher levels we really need bigger banks / backpacks. With this many worlds and so much new stuff, the limits need to grow.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Delver
Feb 28, 2012
When you feed an item to a pet, there already is a verification screen. I suppose it is a double safety in this case.

Squire
May 10, 2013
I have a question. If you lock up your deck can you still rename it?

Blaze HawkRider Level 78

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
I'd like to be able to lock TC's and reagents. I put reagents in the bank and TC's in an unused deck, and not sell that deck, maybe put it in the bank.

Answer to question about locking a renamed deck and/or renaming a locked deck: Yes both are possible.

Survivor
Feb 10, 2011
Can you please make the default setting for locking "ON" instead of "OFF"? I keep hearing players in Test say they cannot lock their items because they did not realize they need to activate it in Options.

Signed,

Tired of Explaining It in Test

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
azoresgirl on Jul 27, 2013 wrote:
Can you please make the default setting for locking "ON" instead of "OFF"? I keep hearing players in Test say they cannot lock their items because they did not realize they need to activate it in Options.

Signed,

Tired of Explaining It in Test
I made a report that I could not lock things, but had to make a second report retracting the first one. Why? Because I was too dumb to find the "lock items" option without going through every single option screen. TWICE.

Turn this thing on for everybody, then remove the on/off thing from our option panels.

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
grahambhg on Jul 24, 2013 wrote:
I'd like to be able to lock TC's and reagents. I put reagents in the bank and TC's in an unused deck, and not sell that deck, maybe put it in the bank.

Answer to question about locking a renamed deck and/or renaming a locked deck: Yes both are possible.
Just lock the TC deck, and never sell any reagents; works for me.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
Uh oh! You can trash locked objects by going into the attic in your home and trashing there. I trash bulk housing items here and noticed its trashable in our attics. Also trashed pets and mounts here. You can also trash inside the bank menu. Sent several bug reports on this as well. Keep up the great work kingsisle.

Survivor
May 04, 2009
A feature to this game i have been waiting for! I can't tell you how many times i have accidentally sold items, ugh, now i have no worries! :D

~Vanessa IceBreeze

Survivor
Dec 26, 2010
Thx KI! I was really get irritated because I couldn't lock items in my backpack. But then I saw this and I figured out that it was a option in settings! ( oh! Lol) Anyway thanks and keep up the great work!

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
cleaver just cleaver yet another way Kings Isle is looking out for thier people....

Thanks Kings Isle !!!!

Thanks For Reading.

Delver
Feb 28, 2012
If you have a crafting quest, can you lock your crafted item and still turn it in?

Delver
Apr 11, 2012
When Professor Greyrose says that locked items can be put on mannequins, what does she mean?