Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Holiday Mounts!

AuthorMessage
Moderator
Gobbler Junior on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
I have a wizard that is level 37. Will I be able to get the mount from Jade Oni?
This isn't difficult to understand, in fact you answered your own question. It clearly states:

Wizards who are under level 50 should seek this reward from Mika Sharka & Jade Oni.
You are level 37.
Level 37 is under level 50.
Yes you can get this mount from Jade Oni.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
May 03, 2009
10
Ok there are 2 Yacate Farwalkers so which do we fight? the one in Xiabalba or the on in Xolotl tower? I dont want to waste my time farming a boss that wont drop what i want... :l

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4113
Professor Greyrose on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
"Wizards of all levels should seek this reward from Malistaire the Undying, Skurkis Screaming Moon, Huac Cries Blood, Yacate Farwalker"
No offense, but that statement is still unclear. Does it mean we must do Xibalba, or do the individual instances of those bosses drop it also?

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
Hi prospector, I have a question. I will probably level up to level 80 in a day or two. But I cannot access any of the "under level 90" bosses. Does the "under level 80..." mean level 80 cannot receive it from them? I was very confused about this, can anyone answer it?

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
6
Am I able to put this mount in my shared bank if I farm it and get it on my level 20 and below from Lord Nightshade?

Survivor
Jun 15, 2012
13
I have a question or two:

1. Is the name Mika Sharka or Mika Skarka?
2. Isn't the Mika quest given around the entrance to Avalon?
3. If so, the wizard would be well over a level 50.
4. Also, is the Mika instance repeatable?

Thank you -

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
SimplyHeather on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
Am I able to put this mount in my shared bank if I farm it and get it on my level 20 and below from Lord Nightshade?
I am pretty sure that you can since permanent mounts are tradeable.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
SimplyHeather on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
Am I able to put this mount in my shared bank if I farm it and get it on my level 20 and below from Lord Nightshade?
The mount can go in your shared bank - it is not a no trade item.

Mary

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
seethe42 on Apr 15, 2014 wrote:
No offense, but that statement is still unclear. Does it mean we must do Xibalba, or do the individual instances of those bosses drop it also?
The boss in Alto Alto of the same name does drop the holiday items and mount.

Mary

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Grace Dreamrider on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
Hi prospector, I have a question. I will probably level up to level 80 in a day or two. But I cannot access any of the "under level 90" bosses. Does the "under level 80..." mean level 80 cannot receive it from them? I was very confused about this, can anyone answer it?
Your area is Mirror Lake to farm for it. I can see where some levels are going to be left out if they do main and side quest lines because their level puts them higher then these limits set for farming the mount. My advise if you do have access to Mirror Lake try to remain under level 80 while you farm for this.

EX: we have a menu chat still questing in Celestia at level 72. She has been porting in to us while we farm Yacate in Alto Alto, prior to that we had a lvl 52 on our list that ported in. Since some of the instances are no port in we must hunt out the best way to go about it.

Mary

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Isabella DragonRid... on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
I have a question or two:

1. Is the name Mika Sharka or Mika Skarka?
2. Isn't the Mika quest given around the entrance to Avalon?
3. If so, the wizard would be well over a level 50.
4. Also, is the Mika instance repeatable?

Thank you -
1: Mika Skarka.
2: Yes, it's the quest given to enter into Avalon - it is a solo event.
3: Yes, over lvl 50.
4: I was unable to re-enter this instance - maybe a foo-pa here.

Mary

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
214
Northlite on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
Your area is Mirror Lake to farm for it. I can see where some levels are going to be left out if they do main and side quest lines because their level puts them higher then these limits set for farming the mount. My advise if you do have access to Mirror Lake try to remain under level 80 while you farm for this.

EX: we have a menu chat still questing in Celestia at level 72. She has been porting in to us while we farm Yacate in Alto Alto, prior to that we had a lvl 52 on our list that ported in. Since some of the instances are no port in we must hunt out the best way to go about it.

Mary
Thank you! I don't know if I can stay under level 80 in Avalon, but the port in is a good idea.

Grace

Survivor
Feb 12, 2014
1
So if i'm a level 42 and I go to farm Jade oni and I get a level 70 to come for it to be faster, I can still get the drop but he can't?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4113
Isabella DragonRid... on Apr 16, 2014 wrote:
I have a question or two:

1. Is the name Mika Sharka or Mika Skarka?
2. Isn't the Mika quest given around the entrance to Avalon?
3. If so, the wizard would be well over a level 50.
4. Also, is the Mika instance repeatable?

Thank you -
Northlite answered all your questions, and I think Mika Skarka was added because it always drops holiday items. But who would choose to fight Mika when they can do the Jade Oni? They are the basically same creature except Jade Oni has 3500 less health?

Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
48
Prospector Zeke on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
Spring has sprung, the grass has ris'
I wonder where the bunnies is?


Ok, I know that's not the right ending to that particular poem, but the answer is pretty easy - the Bunnies are here!

The Prismatic Hare and the Caerbannog Rabbit are in the Crown Shop for a limited time during this spring holiday event. Learn more at https://www.wizard101.com/game/spring_rabbits

But wait...there's more!
There's a special mount that can be obtained as a reward from duels, but only during this spring holiday event and only from bosses that are level-appropriate to the Wizard.
As long as Eggbert is in the Wizard City Shopping District, a third mount is available but it's very very rare...

Wizards who are under level 20 should seek this reward from Lord Nightshade..
Wizards who are under level 30 should seek this reward from Krokopatra.
Wizards who are under level 40 should seek this reward from Meowiarty.
Wizards who are under level 50 should seek this reward from Mika Skarka & Jade Oni.
Wizards who are under level 60 should seek this reward from Malistaire, Othin Stormfather.
Wizards who are under level 70 should seek this reward from Ptolemos, Astreaus, Mithraya.
Wizards who are under level 80 should seek this reward from Lion Spectral Guardians, Starburst Spiders, Tse Tse Snaketail, Gorilla Spectral Guardians, Zebra Spectral Guardians, Elephant Spectral Guardians.
Wizards who are under level 90 should seek this reward from Pendragon, Sir Malory, Black Dragon, White Dragon, Young Morganthe.
Wizards of all levels should seek this reward from Malistaire the Undying, Skurkis Screaming Moon, Huac Cries Blood, Yacate Farwalker


Don't want to spend the time dueling these bosses? Get your Stormrider mount at Wizard101 Central! http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?405219-Stormrider-Hare-Everybody-Wins-Raffle
my friend has a non member account can she still win it?

Defender
Oct 04, 2010
126
I'm a level 41 and hadn't made it to Meowairty yet, what should I do?

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
1556
Will the mount drops be leaving by the end of Easter or are they going to continue? I don't wanna farm for something I can't get anymore.. lol.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
kspirtweaver1996 on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
my friend has a non member account can she still win it?
Yes, as long as she has access to that area appropriate to her level.

Mary

Administrator
PvP King on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
Will the mount drops be leaving by the end of Easter or are they going to continue? I don't wanna farm for something I can't get anymore.. lol.
These mounts will only be available as rewards from boss duels as long as Eggbert is in the Spiral. He'll only be here for a few more days.


community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Dec 04, 2012
48
Northlite on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
Yes, as long as she has access to that area appropriate to her level.

Mary
Thanks ill tell her

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
2638
Northlite on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
The boss in Alto Alto of the same name does drop the holiday items and mount.

Mary
I take back the Alto Alto version, Wiki is not reporting that Yacate has the mount drop. I have won several wands there but no mount.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Mount:Stormrider_Hare

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4113
Northlite on Apr 20, 2014 wrote:
I take back the Alto Alto version, Wiki is not reporting that Yacate has the mount drop. I have won several wands there but no mount.

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Mount:Stormrider_Hare
I won it from Yacate in Alto Alto. Oddly enough it was the only Easter item I won in nearly 100 fights over a few days.

Explorer
Jul 31, 2011
99
I would like the Professors to directly clear up the Yacate confusion if possible.

Does it drop by Yacate at the Alto Alto tower?

Although the wiki states specifically the Yacate in Xibalba only, no where else does it specify it. Nothing Wizard101 has posted states it drops at the Yacate in Xibalba ONLY, although it is implied since the other bosses are there.

Many players report it doesn't drop at the Alto Alto tower, yet others swear that it does. I farmed there at the Yacate at the Alto Alto tower and nothing holiday has dropped at all. (also farmed Jade Oni most of today more than 30 fights nonstop, and not one holiday item dropped for my under 50 wizards)

Survivor
Jan 22, 2012
11
AutumnSunshield on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
Guess I am a little confused, is there anything for level 95 wizards?
yea xibalba , alto aloto , and somewhere else

Survivor
Apr 04, 2011
3
Prospector Zeke on Apr 14, 2014 wrote:
Spring has sprung, the grass has ris'
I wonder where the bunnies is?


Ok, I know that's not the right ending to that particular poem, but the answer is pretty easy - the Bunnies are here!

The Prismatic Hare and the Caerbannog Rabbit are in the Crown Shop for a limited time during this spring holiday event. Learn more at https://www.wizard101.com/game/spring_rabbits

But wait...there's more!
There's a special mount that can be obtained as a reward from duels, but only during this spring holiday event and only from bosses that are level-appropriate to the Wizard.
As long as Eggbert is in the Wizard City Shopping District, a third mount is available but it's very very rare...

Wizards who are under level 20 should seek this reward from Lord Nightshade..
Wizards who are under level 30 should seek this reward from Krokopatra.
Wizards who are under level 40 should seek this reward from Meowiarty.
Wizards who are under level 50 should seek this reward from Mika Skarka & Jade Oni.
Wizards who are under level 60 should seek this reward from Malistaire, Othin Stormfather.
Wizards who are under level 70 should seek this reward from Ptolemos, Astreaus, Mithraya.
Wizards who are under level 80 should seek this reward from Lion Spectral Guardians, Starburst Spiders, Tse Tse Snaketail, Gorilla Spectral Guardians, Zebra Spectral Guardians, Elephant Spectral Guardians.
Wizards who are under level 90 should seek this reward from Pendragon, Sir Malory, Black Dragon, White Dragon, Young Morganthe.
Wizards of all levels should seek this reward from Malistaire the Undying, Skurkis Screaming Moon, Huac Cries Blood, Yacate Farwalker


Don't want to spend the time dueling these bosses? Get your Stormrider mount at Wizard101 Central! http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?405219-Stormrider-Hare-Everybody-Wins-Raffle
How long will this event go on for?