Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Dungeon keys

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Regarding the keys that are dropped in the new level based dungeons in the latest update... I realize that the keys that can randomly drop are used to open "secret" areas to access chests, bosses etc. but these keys also show up in the inventory page in the wall hangings tab. Does anyone know if the keys are removed from your inventory if you use them to open a secret area? Or do they remain in your inventory as a decorative item? I understand the latter would not be likely because this would allow you to access the secret areas over and over again for new loot without having to battle for a new key but just wanted to see if anyone had first hand knowledge of this.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
TucsonWizard on Nov 21, 2014 wrote:
Regarding the keys that are dropped in the new level based dungeons in the latest update... I realize that the keys that can randomly drop are used to open "secret" areas to access chests, bosses etc. but these keys also show up in the inventory page in the wall hangings tab. Does anyone know if the keys are removed from your inventory if you use them to open a secret area? Or do they remain in your inventory as a decorative item? I understand the latter would not be likely because this would allow you to access the secret areas over and over again for new loot without having to battle for a new key but just wanted to see if anyone had first hand knowledge of this.
They go poof once you use them. :(

Explorer
Sep 30, 2013
Do we know what types of keys there are? And how many 'secret places' there are? That would be helpful.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Ambrose Cain on Nov 23, 2014 wrote:
Do we know what types of keys there are? And how many 'secret places' there are? That would be helpful.
there are wooden, stone and golden. Not sure where all the places are sorry

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
They do not go "poof" as I got the gold key for castle darkmoore. I used it on the door then later in my home I was able to hang it on my wall. Unless I got two and didn't know it. But I only used 1 key. Also I believe they said once you open the door using your key that door will always open for you.

Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Actually I may have been wrong. Maybe I did get two gold keys when in castle darkmoore because after posting my answer above I git the wooden key in marlybone and I used it on the door. When I went to my house later it was in fact gone from my inventory. So apparently the do go poof I guess??

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Pyle1197 on Nov 25, 2014 wrote:
Actually I may have been wrong. Maybe I did get two gold keys when in castle darkmoore because after posting my answer above I git the wooden key in marlybone and I used it on the door. When I went to my house later it was in fact gone from my inventory. So apparently the do go poof I guess??
After I posted the OP I used my wooden key on the door in the krok dungeon and it's now gone from my inventory. "Poof" as Idony09 aptly stated.