Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Never say this to a Balance wizard...

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 28, 2009
190
I never ask for buff but I tend to ask for healing sometimes but that's when it's my quest (not trying to sound selfish or anything) I mean what if you almost finished your quest and BAM you died and the person beside you is life school wouldn't you want healing. Then there is me and buffing I really don't ask for any buffing on me i use my blades and traps that i learned to use so I use my spells. And plus life and ice and also balance aren't the only wizards or witches that get asked to buff, for me I've had people go "NO GIVE THAT SPIRIT BLADE TO ME!" so for me you ice, life and balance people are not the only people that get asked for buffing or healing I think that every school gets asked to get buffed or healed. Also I have a Satyr amulet that i use and one time I was almost dead and this one guy was like barely even touched he said "Come on give me the healing I strongest one here." Oh and boy did that make me furious so I didn't heal him so yea. I not trying to sound mean I am just saying not only Ice, Life and Balance get asked to buff it's every school basically

Destiny DeathBlade
Lvl 58 Myth

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
458
vonawesome1 wrote:
QueQueg wrote:
TJCAR wrote:
Please don't complain, everyone goes through it everyone is expected to do something in a duel. Life=heal, Balance= boost, Storm= kill the enemy fast, Ice=shield, Death= stop the life from healing, Fire= nothing but attack, Myth=remove shield.

Balance fall's into the same category as death, they can heal, attack, and boost. If you're not using these group helping tactics but instead using it for yourself, then you are just being selfish.


I was going to post a response to this yesterday, but I'm sure I would have been banned from the forum if I wrote exactly what I was thinking at the moment.

When people are in a battle (mobs or boss), it is expected that everyone do SOMETHING. I've had experience with other wizards that jumped into my battles and just sat there the entire time. Fully loaded pips. No wand attacks, no shields, no health, no nothing. I did all the work, and they got credit for what they needed.

Most of the time I play solo. Not because I want to, but because there isn't anyone else I can hang with to do quests. So, for street mobs, I put together a deck for a solo player:

4 Colossal
2 15% Amplify
2 Ra
2 Power Nova
2 Sandstorm
2 25% Balance blade
1 Availing Hands
1 Reshuffle

This helps me so that the cards I need will some up in the combination I want them. Now, if other people join my battle and DEMAND that I blade/heal/shield them, I don't have extras for that. I'm going to take care of number one, and that is me. Balance (for example), is not obligated to "boost" others. If I were in another circle (besides the first one), I would change my deck accordingly to help others as well as myself.

I'm not going to change my deck when playing solo, just because there might be people that jump in the battle with me, and they feel I need to help them out with their attacks.

It's different when you play/fight as a team, and my deck will reflect that. I will heal whomever needs it. I will shield whomever is getting hit the most. I will blade whomever will be attacking next. It's a courtesy I will provide, but it's not my obligation to do so, just because I'm Balance. This goes for any other school as well. They're not obligated to do what's "expected".

In a sense, each player is out to do what they can for themselves first to accomplish whatever quest or part of the game they need.. It's not selfish, it's a fact. If you have others to play with, you work in cooperation. If you're playing solo, you're going to help yourself. Period.



You are my new best friend.

I'm a solo player- unless the instance calls for something different, I always help myself first. See the airplane analogy above.

I have never asked anyone for buffs, heals, or shields- I refuse to, because I've been on the receiving end of these requests enough times to know that they are rude. It's an unfair assumption to make, that all we sorcerers do is load up on buffs, and it's even more unfair to demand that we just hand them over.

zelda3456147 wrote:
I know where all you Sorcerers are coming from, as I like to think Necromancy and Sorcery as a similar school in both offensive and defensive capabilities.


I agree with this, especially because I have a necro grandmaster who's been in that position. Death is probably the closest school to us, the only notable different being that Balance doesn't have any DoTs (and the fact that we have to waste 4-9 pips to break shields).

Speaking of shields, Val keeps them to himself- his secondary is Myth, so I just slap on a -70% Death shield before he casts Dark Pact, Empower, or Sacrifice to reduce the damage he takes.

See you in the Spiral,
(one of these days!)

El Veeb/Shadowsong/Val(erian)
archmage sorceress/grandmaster necromancer


I think I love you. I am an ice wizard and am forced to solo a lot simply because I take insanely long breaks and come back to every friend being 9 levels above me. Being ice, I have tower shields, and it NEVER fails that if I am fighting, alone, and someone joins, the first thing they say is "shield me." Not "hi!," not "oops," just "shield me." And I don't. On more than one occasion, said interloper has fled, leaving me with three creatures bent on my imminent death, which I dispatched with frost giant and rather unpleasant comments.

If I get sucked into a battle, or ask to join and am allowed, the first thing I do is shield the person in the first position. If you get sucked into my battle and apologize, you're darn right I will shield you. But if you leap into the fray with an attitude, don't expect me to save you. Save yourself. (That airplane analogy was brilliant.)

Anyone looking for a nice, polite wizard buddy, look me up around the Spiral!

Erin Ice Weaver, level 79 ice wizard, stuck in Ghost Avalon because it's too hard to solo. :D

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
7
I get simmler things for being a Main Life Wizard.

"HEAL ME!" Is that I get yelled at for. Call me what you will but I will, for some odd reason, not see that 'request' for a heal. I dont know why, it is like my eyes 'miss' that 'request'. lol!

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
502
Okay, now I am officially irked with people's requests to "Heal me please."

Just because I have every available school shield does not mean I will shield you. Quite frankly, most of you should have higher health. And no, I will not Satyr you if you just randomly joined.

Another rant is coming, this line is to prepare myself...

Dear good friends of mine, it has come to my attention that many of you are too low level to be in Celestia. So why are you porting to me? I can handle the enemies, even if it's a defeat them, die, defeat them, die pattern. I'd thank you all if you could just leave me alone.

`Scarlet Nightdreamer, Level 55 Diviner

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
BlueRoseRain wrote:
I get simmler things for being a Main Life Wizard.

"HEAL ME!" Is that I get yelled at for. Call me what you will but I will, for some odd reason, not see that 'request' for a heal. I dont know why, it is like my eyes 'miss' that 'request'. lol!


Hmmm, I never see those either! Seems I'm being spammed with healing requests every time I divert my eyes from the screen. How strange... and convenient. LOL.

Loreis04 wrote:
I think I love you. I am an ice wizard and am forced to solo a lot simply because I take insanely long breaks and come back to every friend being 9 levels above me. Being ice, I have tower shields, and it NEVER fails that if I am fighting, alone, and someone joins, the first thing they say is "shield me." Not "hi!," not "oops," just "shield me." And I don't. On more than one occasion, said interloper has fled, leaving me with three creatures bent on my imminent death, which I dispatched with frost giant and rather unpleasant comments.

If I get sucked into a battle, or ask to join and am allowed, the first thing I do is shield the person in the first position. If you get sucked into my battle and apologize, you're darn right I will shield you. But if you leap into the fray with an attitude, don't expect me to save you. Save yourself. (That airplane analogy was brilliant.)


Anyone looking for a nice, polite wizard buddy, look me up around the Spiral!

Erin Ice Weaver, level 79 ice wizard, stuck in Ghost Avalon because it's too hard to solo. :D

Hey there~ that's happened to me, too. My Storm wiz is level 49, but she's not my primary character, so most of the friends she made at that level are now trans/archmages. Poor, lonely little Storm wizard!

And yeah, I get the shield thing~ people quickly get annoyed when I tell them that I can't shield them. But here's the thing: my sorceress doesn't carry shields, except in the case of Zaf or Avalon boss fights~ I like to get things done quickly, so keeping my deck to just 12 cards ensures that I find what I need, when I need it.

3 Nova
3 Colossal
2 Balanceblade
2 Amplify
1 Availing Hands
1 Reshuffle

Optional: 1 Bladestorm, an extra Availing Hands or Reshuffle.
Sideboard: amulet Balanceblade, amulet Hex, 4 Major Torment wands.

I only carry enough to get the job done quickly, and don't care about random people who join and start ordering me around~ that's also why I have a 50% boost to incoming heals and nothing for outgoing. My priority is me, always will be, so random people had best be prepared to fend for themselves.

...and thank you! I love nice wizards, too. ;)

I'm always looking for nice people to quest with~ my Balance hit level 80 in the Outer Yard, so she doesn't get much playing time now, but I have other wizards all over the map. If you have a Central account, look me up there and we can arrange an in-game meetup sometime, hopefully.

"El Veeb" (also my Central name)
the Archmage of Awesomeness

Survivor
Jan 11, 2010
10
TJCAR wrote:
Please don't complain, everyone goes through it everyone is expected to do something in a duel. Life=heal, Balance= boost, Storm= kill the enemy fast, Ice=shield, Death= stop the life from healing, Fire= nothing but attack, Myth=remove shield.

Balance fall's into the same category as death, they can heal, attack, and boost. If you're not using these group helping tactics but instead using it for yourself, then you are just being selfish.

,Luis LegendBlade


Ok, I don't think you've felt what they've felt. The people posting on this are not selfish, they just don't want to be demanded. And the Life=heal etc., that doesn't have to happen for all wizards, have you heard of a system called freedom? Life has attacks, Storm doesn't have to kill the enemy fast, 70% accuracy makes that a tad difficult, Ice has attacks, etc. They plan the battle how they want if they started the battle, not the 2nd circle person, nor 3rd. They are not using the blades and heals on other wizards because the other wizards seem to not have the 1 second to put in please before the "give me that< insert wanted item here>." Walk in their shoes, I have before, and then MAYBE you will understand.

Survivor
Jan 10, 2012
6
Im a level 37 Sorceress :) I understand what you mean! Everyone is always like, "Blade me, feint for me" and I'm like, could you at LEAST ask nicely? I have a Necromancer friend who I'm almost always with, and I blade and buff him because I know his spells are more powerful than mine right now (he is level 37 too) and I don't mind letting him have a little more experience than me. If I wanted to blade and buff myself, I would judt let him know and he would have no problem. He does ask me to give him accuracy (not sure of the famcy word for that :p), but I don't need a please from him(:

Survivor
Jul 11, 2011
4
I will admit that I often jump into battles. Especially if Im collecting. However, only if there are two or more foes. Anyone in Cl or Zf knows what a pain collecting can be and welcomes others who want to join. What I hate is when someone tells me how to battle. If you join my battle please don't tell me how to fight.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2009
13
amen to that. i am a high up balance person and i hate the way people treat us like a dollar store. I can attack too!
vonawesome1 wrote:
... or to anyone, for that matter. But, since I happen to be a Balance wizard (primarily), I'll roll with that for now.

I'm sure I speak for sorcerers everywhere, but, unless you like being a bobblehead, NEVER ask me to just "give" something to you. I don't care if...

1) you boost against the enemy's school,
2) you have forest lord/scarecrow/insert high-rank spell here, or
3) you have 2 health left and *will* die on the next turn,

you do NOT just DEMAND things from me.

Buffing and healing are NOT all I'm good for; taking care of you is not my responsibility, and a lack of planning on your part doesn't constitute an emergency on mine... I am not a one-stop convenience store, and am sick of being treated like one.

-

I was fighting some Logres Knights in Avalon earlier, when some random necro joined my battle halfway-through. I didn't have any problem with him being there, until I went to blade myself and he said "give it to me"- no please, or anything like that. Just "give it to me".

(to annoy him, I bladed myself anyway, then hit with back-to-back Power Novas)

-
When you join my battle (as in, I started it and have done all or most of the work), I call the shots- not you. I don't think that's unreasonable, especially not if you're going to /demand/ that I buff or heal you, or ask me to give up a boost that I need for myself.

Remember- just because I /can/ buff and heal you doesn't mean I have to.

Safe travels, to my (non-obnoxious) fellow wizards!

El Veeb/Shadowsong
transcendent sorceress, who's fed up with being ordered around.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
3175
Bettyboo27 wrote:
I will admit that I often jump into battles. Especially if Im collecting. However, only if there are two or more foes. Anyone in Cl or Zf knows what a pain collecting can be and welcomes others who want to join. What I hate is when someone tells me how to battle. If you join my battle please don't tell me how to fight.


LOL~ those collecting quests are nasty, especially when there are limited enemies and one or two people think they own that spot. I'll never refuse the help, or bark at someone who joins my fight~ it's not nice, and usually counterproductive.

(If you jump into my battle, be prepared to fend for yourself. But don't worry~ I'm not going to throw you to the wolves, if you're nice to me.)

That said, it's a different story entirely if you jump into my battle and start dictating~ that's disrespectful, and I don't waste my pips or time on people who are rude to me.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2012
1
i agree with everyone just because that's what we do doesn't mean you should expect that FROM us were there for you ONLY WHEN YA ASK !!!

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
502
vonawesome1 wrote:
Bettyboo27 wrote:
I will admit that I often jump into battles. Especially if Im collecting. However, only if there are two or more foes. Anyone in Cl or Zf knows what a pain collecting can be and welcomes others who want to join. What I hate is when someone tells me how to battle. If you join my battle please don't tell me how to fight.


LOL~ those collecting quests are nasty, especially when there are limited enemies and one or two people think they own that spot. I'll never refuse the help, or bark at someone who joins my fight~ it's not nice, and usually counterproductive.

(If you jump into my battle, be prepared to fend for yourself. But don't worry~ I'm not going to throw you to the wolves, if you're nice to me.)

That said, it's a different story entirely if you jump into my battle and start dictating~ that's disrespectful, and I don't waste my pips or time on people who are rude to me.


What's eally getting me are the Crab Waverunner. (Can't spell the first bit. :P) I hate that they can critical and with that knowledge i will try to get as much help as possible.

Survivor
Nov 03, 2011
17

TJCAR, Who says fire has to do nothing but attack! We have more stuff to do but just attack! Like myth, they remove shields. Fire can easily remove tower shields with moves like fire elf and scald! and those who demand the balance wizards, they don't have to and stay out of their way!

Tyler firerider, Lvl 77 pyromancer

Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
2
WHAT! This doesn't just happen to me?
I haven't been playing that long so I've only been sucked into two or three fights, but when I do, I do my best to throw heals and shields on the primary circle. And apologize when I can. (not adept at typing and fighting!)

Most of the time I'm out there trying to test my mettle and I want to do the fight by myself. Not to mention that most times mana wisps are few and far between and people adding more enemies causes me to spend more mana.

One time, at level 14, I 'ported to a recently aquired "friend" only to find myself in a battle of the Titans! She, ~same level, had joined a battle going on in Celestia. At the time I didn't even know where I was. Took 5 minutes to load with Ambrose popping up telling me "Um...er..., we didn't expect you to get here so soon!"
Anyway, I threw what little help I could muster at the Primary and stood around and watched, hoping I wouldn't get stepped on.

Also, I've had plenty of times where people are asking for heals and even as a life wizard I sitting there staring at a handful of Imps, Nature's Wrath, and Life Ires! I can't even heal myself.
In fact, I've gotten so many hands of Ires, Flares, etc. that most of my wizards have thrown away the @#$& wand!

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1304
I've talked about my Balance earlier in this thread.

I'd also like to point out that my Ice gets the same thing. If I'm fighting mobs and someone joins my battle, I frequently get "heal me" and "shield me". Dudes, when I'm fighting mobs, I don't put ANY shields or health in my deck or side deck. If you joined my battle, you're on your own.

If I'm fighting a boss by myself and someone ports in, again, I don't carry any shields, but might put in two pixies in my side deck (just in case).

If I have people with me to do Waterworks, then I'll put in Ice Armor, Tower Shields, and more health. Plus, I always offer to sit in the first spot, as my health is really high and I can take a lot of hits. There have been times where all I do is heal and shield, because no one else has put any in their deck.

With mobs or bosses, some try to tell me that they will do all the attacking, because Ice attack is weak. Well, the way my Ice is set up, she does some pretty good damage, plus she NEVER fizzles (101% accuracy). When I can get 1300 - 3000+ on Blizzard, 2000+ with Colossus, and 2400 - 13,000+ with Frost Giant, I'm no weakling (and that's without critical).


Survivor
Jun 23, 2012
3
Hey, I'm a life wizard and I can't stand it when i'm in a battle and all I hear is, "I need healing!" I mean, come on! We life wizards can do other things then just waste all our pips on you when you lose 200 health. Now, I understand when you're about to die, but other than that, you have your own healing spells!

Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
73
I agree with you SOOOOO much finally someone has the point. I do have this balance friend and I hardly pay attention to him being balance. I don't ask for blades but he helps me and gives me them anyways. And of course I say thank you! Lots of balance wizards are like being treated like an atm.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
1304
helv wrote:
Lots of balance wizards are like being treated like an atm.


ROTFL. I love this line. I'll have to use it sometime while I'm in a fight and someone asks me to heal, shield, or blade them. LOL

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
11
another type of wizard that always gets ordered around is life wizards. first of all dont just ask me for a heal especially if you just joined my battle and let another monster join in. the only way i'll possibly heal is if i want to and your about to die and i feel compelled to heal you. not if you demand it like "heal me now" i'll always reply in no. i need those pips for my attacks not to heal you willy nilly. life wizards are good for more than just healing you we have strong attacks. i dont care if your a crazy powerful storm wizard thats going to kill them all and is about to die. i can kill them all to with a forest lord. who said all life wizrds are good for are healing. they can do alot more than that. so the next time you just walk into my battle and are about to die dont demand me to heal you

Evan Dragonsmith, an angry life wizard

Explorer
Jul 09, 2009
73
eobb11 wrote:
another type of wizard that always gets ordered around is life wizards. first of all dont just ask me for a heal especially if you just joined my battle and let another monster join in. the only way i'll possibly heal is if i want to and your about to die and i feel compelled to heal you. not if you demand it like "heal me now" i'll always reply in no. i need those pips for my attacks not to heal you willy nilly. life wizards are good for more than just healing you we have strong attacks. i dont care if your a crazy powerful storm wizard thats going to kill them all and is about to die. i can kill them all to with a forest lord. who said all life wizrds are good for are healing. they can do alot more than that. so the next time you just walk into my battle and are about to die dont demand me to heal you

Evan Dragonsmith, an angry life wizard


I'm a life wizard and I 100% agree with this. Some of my friends go, heal me. One time one of my friends actually had the nerve to say heal me, woman. I was so shocked that anyone could say something so cruel. But I was in a dungeon. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
729
What I love about Balance personally is it's ability to adapt. With a quick few minutes changing my deck, I go from helping a younger girl across the street, to blasting Ninja pigs, and then back to hanging out in DragonSpyre with my other W101 playing friend.

Using that example, with Molly (her W101 name) I do what some people think Balance is only useful for. I load up on heals, blades, traps, minions, quickly switch to my Spirit Armor amulet, and focus on boosting her up to make her battle and introduce her to the strategies she'll eventually need to take on. Later on I can reduce on the buffs, and throw in more attacks (plus my secondary school) to try and do some solo in MooShu. Then I can go to a mid-point to help my friend Blaze (again W101 name), by boosting him while dealing some good damage.

Balance can adapt, and is for much more than just boosting, boosting and boosting. Why don't many people see that? We can take charge too!!!