Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need to tweek the odds for quest items.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2010
I have a problem with the odds of getting the items you need to complete a quest when you have to go and battle a certain type of enemy to get 3 items from them. I noticed that the higher the level you get to, the harder it gets to get the items in a resonable time. I need 3 accuators for a quest in Celestia. I have fought 5 battles with one, two and even three of the required enemy types and have received no accuators in any of the battles. I am getting tired of trying to get them. When a game gets so annoying or boring that you no longer want to play it, you lose your fan base, and your fan base is what pays you. My sister and her daughter are even farther in the game and they say it gets even worse as you go along. Lets fix the odds guys!!!!!!! 5 battles is more than ample to get 3 items. I should not have to defeat 20-30 enemies to get 3 items. Two other items you should fix is starting bosses with massive pip advantages and giving the bosses first move most of the time. You already give the bosses high life. Why should they start with a 2-1 or 3-1 pip advantage also? I also find the bosses get first move in 75 percent of the battles I get into. In one fight, before I got a chance to do anything, I got hit twice with the same spell for 900 hitpoints each and was down to half my life before I even had a chance to put up a shield. Needless to say I was defeate in 6 rounds as all my deck would give me was high pip spells and no healing cards. I was playing with my 49th level balance wizard so I had healing cards in the deck but, they would not appear even when I discards most of the cards in my hand.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
flymangp on Dec 16, 2012 wrote:
I have a problem with the odds of getting the items you need to complete a quest when you have to go and battle a certain type of enemy to get 3 items from them. I noticed that the higher the level you get to, the harder it gets to get the items in a resonable time. I need 3 accuators for a quest in Celestia. I have fought 5 battles with one, two and even three of the required enemy types and have received no accuators in any of the battles. I am getting tired of trying to get them. When a game gets so annoying or boring that you no longer want to play it, you lose your fan base, and your fan base is what pays you. My sister and her daughter are even farther in the game and they say it gets even worse as you go along. Lets fix the odds guys!!!!!!! 5 battles is more than ample to get 3 items. I should not have to defeat 20-30 enemies to get 3 items. Two other items you should fix is starting bosses with massive pip advantages and giving the bosses first move most of the time. You already give the bosses high life. Why should they start with a 2-1 or 3-1 pip advantage also? I also find the bosses get first move in 75 percent of the battles I get into. In one fight, before I got a chance to do anything, I got hit twice with the same spell for 900 hitpoints each and was down to half my life before I even had a chance to put up a shield. Needless to say I was defeate in 6 rounds as all my deck would give me was high pip spells and no healing cards. I was playing with my 49th level balance wizard so I had healing cards in the deck but, they would not appear even when I discards most of the cards in my hand.
We too are finding excessive Do Not Collects in Celestia. Maybe it is because we are taking all quests I don't know. I was sure it didn't happen until the Water Matron quests but am finding it in all the areas on a lot of quests now.

We actually got so discussed with it that we veered off and finished Wintertusk attempting to get a break from the repetition. Back now in the Science Center area things are again many Do Not Collects and we have no where to veer off to now.

In Zafaria the Savannah area was most aggravating and took me days to complete some quests because of the Lions Do Not Collect.

Explorer
Dec 19, 2010
To me the only world that i had a really hard time with the drops was Celestia. That place took me so long because of that, but to me Zafaria was a lot easier with the drops.

William Nightmancer Archmage Ice

Survivor
Jul 31, 2011
i think i know how you feel this happens to me all the time and i
get sick and tired of it but i tell my parents all the time to pay for this every
month.and that would be a waste just try to hang in there this game is kind of difficult
.What i suggest is to try another mission then go back to it and see if it
works out.
[ P.S if that dosent work than wait for them to reply they might have a better answer]

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
flymangp on Dec 16, 2012 wrote:
I agree it is very frustrating sometimes . A heads up to you though, Zafaria is terrible for the quest drop rates. I was pulling my hair out waiting for some of the drops there.