Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need some guidance

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I currently at lev 51 and I hav tried to do Wintertusk and Celestia but they both seem a little too hard right now for a Death Master. I am not seeing Zafaria or Avalon, did I miss a quest or something.

Looking for some guidance on what area I should be in right now at lev 50, I just finished the quests in Wysteria..

Survivor
Jun 26, 2009
I too am a Necromancer, level 53 and holding! I do not even have access to Wintertusk or Celestia because I generally play solo and can not defeat The Coven in Ravenscar or Malistaire in his lair by myself. I've been attempting Helgrind Warren in Nidavellir to possibly gain some XP and get closer to levelling while I wait for some friends to catch up with me and join me in Malistaire's lair. I've soloed all the Halloween dungeons and Winterdeep Warren and received some decent gear and XP. Oh, I'm also done with Wysteria, but may be going back there to repeat for additional XP.

I also work on levelling my pets, crafting snacks, housing items, gear, and gardening for reagents to complete as much of the Seal of the Seven Seas as I can before I can get Polymorph Treant at level 55. These tasks involve internet research to learn where I can buy recipes or snacks, what plants like what items and other plants, and where I can farm to get better reagents or housing items for the plants. My new house was crafted: Watchtower Hall, and believe me, that was a time-consuming challenge, but worth it!

Sounds to me like you are doing just fine! I'd be happy to have access to both Celestia and Wintertusk like you do. Hope some of these tips are helpful, even though you are ahead of me in the game.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Elvoc on Oct 27, 2012 wrote:
I currently at lev 51 and I hav tried to do Wintertusk and Celestia but they both seem a little too hard right now for a Death Master. I am not seeing Zafaria or Avalon, did I miss a quest or something.

Looking for some guidance on what area I should be in right now at lev 50, I just finished the quests in Wysteria..
At level 50 you can start the sun spells to help boost your normal spells, the fists. They are in the pit at the Celestia Base Camp. You don't have to take the accuracy spells to just take the fists, they continue on the Floating Land and the final one is in Zafaria Drum Jungle.

Gear becomes important with critical just beginning. Visit Diego for the tutorial and pick up Stun Block because now that will happen pretty regular on most Ice monsters.

How you set up your deck helps also, Death is a trap happy school so blade and trap up and use your Scare Crow constantly, learn to work your steal health spells to your advantage and stick a Fairy in just in case, we had a spritely pet but rarely needed it. For general mob fighting having a deck of 15 cards or less is all you should need.

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
I understand your problem completely, I did get help with players from Malistaire but I ended up having to buy team mates with crowns to help me get by the Coven. Seems like a lot of people have moved on from these battles so it is getting harder until other people you know catch up.

The thing that is kind of depressing right now is that Necro doesnt really have a super spell like the other schools that takes on many enemys at once. We have the scarecrow but he only does 400 per enemy unbuffed. It would be really nice if we could get something a little better..maybe at higher levels

Thanks for the input Doodaddle, maybe look me up sometime online and I can help you out.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Elvoc on Oct 27, 2012 wrote:

You won't see Zafaria until you have completed all main story line quests in Celestia. You will not see Avalon until you have done the same in Zafaria. At level 50 you should be in Celestia. Take your time; it's not a race. You'll level fairly quickly there.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I am death school too, first time wizard, in the level 50's. I solo a lot too and last week I couldn't complete Ravenscar or Jotun, I needed help with both. Earlier I needed help with Malistair and I finished him with the help of a level 37 I think. Sometimes a good team mate is necessary.

In general I find most battles go faster with less risk when I solo. If I have a good team mate that communicates well then team battles can go just as fast, but random drop-ins often throw a snag in things. With my death school wizard I usually try quick kills with major hits (using blades, traps, feints) to remove one enemy at a time, thus removing enemy before they hit me. I don't waste time with defensive shields and stuff. This strategy is particularly effective against two enemy. But this tactic means that the enemy target me heavily (very offensive = huge aggro = enemy target me), and a team mate that brings in more enemy and just sits there placing shields all day take very few hits. Therefore when fighting enemy that is right on my wizard's ability threshold to defeat an unhelpful team mate (regardless of their level) gets me killed.
I entered Celestia and I'm doing fine solo so far. I do have some good team mates I play with if they are online, but quests rarely coincide so we just use each other to fight bosses or dungeons. In Celestia I rapidly jumped several levels because the XP per quest is quite large.

Going back to easier realms does not give much XP. Defintely don't go to Wysteria or Marleybone if you are trying to level up. Do more quests in Dragonspyre or get a good team mate and push on to Celestia.

Defender
Feb 24, 2012
If you are done with dragonspyre then celestia is next. But you must complete storyline quest in dragonspyre and be appropriate level for celestia. You have to complete each storyline in order to get to next world.

Level 50 you should be in dragonspyre now. Or that is the normal area for that level.

Hope this helps.