Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

need opinion on what gear to use

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
so im a level 75 storm and i currently have the level 70 version of the jewels crafter bundle and also the level 90 version with pretty decent jewels on it and i was wondering if i should just farm waterworks for the storm gear and use those 3 pieces until 90 or should i just keep the gear i have on now? i dont really want to farm waterworks for obvious reasons lol but if it means having better gear then i will cause i want to be the best i can but im just wondering so if you have an idea let me know oh and also whats a good athame and ring? i have the steel scimitar with tear drop shape(or whatever its called) jewel that gives 5 health and then a circle jewel that gives 16 storm damage and then a triangle one that gives 1 accuracy and then my ring is the band of the lost abbey with a square jewel that gives universal block so idk if theres a better substitute for them until i can get better jewels(i made a topic asking about jewels calle storm jewel farming or something along those lines go check that if you know any good jewels to farm) or just better in general oh and my boots im using are the survivor's stompers the hat and robe are the level 70 version of the jewel crafters bundle also i could use a good amulet

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Welcome To The Message Boards!

So, to be honest, the gear you have outlined here along with the jewels are mediocre.

As a storm, you need to have the latest or at least the best, optimal gear to combat the many challenges that will be face you.

So, I do recommend you either use the Waterworks Gear, or the House of Scales Gear (I prefer this set).

In terms of rings and athames, the Wintertusk crafted ones work well or you can buy the level 56+ available from the Bazaar.

For jewels, as a Storm, I recommend using the triangle slot for storm accuracy, circle slots for Storm Critical (not the damage) and all tears for health (not ones giving 5 health, but more like 70+ for your level).

At higher levels, the triangle slot can be used for something else, but for now, your focus should be on having high amounts of accuracy.

For square jewels, I usually opted for universal resistance rather than block. Doesn't make much of a difference anyways to be honest.

Remember that an ideal pet is also a critical aspect of your gear.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
I have never gone thru waterworks on any of my wizards.. I have max wizards across 4 accounts. I end up getting pack or bundle gear.. I also have soloed most of the game.. It works for me.. hope this helps

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
Star Edward on Oct 26, 2019 wrote:

So, to be honest, the gear you have outlined here along with the jewels are mediocre.

As a storm, you need to have the latest or at least the best, optimal gear to combat the many challenges that will be face you.

So, I do recommend you either use the Waterworks Gear, or the House of Scales Gear (I prefer this set).

In terms of rings and athames, the Wintertusk crafted ones work well or you can buy the level 56+ available from the Bazaar.

For jewels, as a Storm, I recommend using the triangle slot for storm accuracy, circle slots for Storm Critical (not the damage) and all tears for health (not ones giving 5 health, but more like 70+ for your level).

At higher levels, the triangle slot can be used for something else, but for now, your focus should be on having high amounts of accuracy.

For square jewels, I usually opted for universal resistance rather than block. Doesn't make much of a difference anyways to be honest.

i do not craft on any characters im starting to on this one and im almost level 80 and in the underwater part of avalon and when im able to check my stats later i'll reply with exact gear and exact jewels and total stats to see what could chance but i seem to be leveling pretty fast due to my lots of free time so i can play longer i started to play again a little after middle of avalon and after 2 days im almost done and like level 78 or 79 so in 10 levels ill have new gear until darkmoor and like i said i'll reply later with exact everything when im on later and i can take a break from questing or i might just finish avalon then go farm for the house of scales gear and if got all of it it would last until darkmoor like waterworks gear?

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
Star Edward on Oct 26, 2019 wrote:

my current stats are

level:78
xp:12,906/328,470
health: 3443
mana:465
damge:everything is at least 12 with storm being 72
resistance: 29 universal
accuracy: 6 universal
critical: 298 universal(46%) and storm being 321(51%)
block:35 universal(3%) and storm 93(14 %)
armor piercing: 5 universal
stun resistance: 0
healing in/out: 18%/16%
power pip:66%

those are my current stats i put level and total xp so if more people see it then they might have other advice or something like that but my plan was just use the gear i have on now until level 90 so i can use the level 90 version of the jewel crafters bundle i have and replace ring amulet and athame whenever i can get a better i dont have a lot of gold currently and i dont craft well i do i only just yesterday at the the time of typing this finished the quest for the ring of insight(lol) so idk if crafting you need every recipe before lets say a level 80 or 90 ring if that makes sense like you need to know this recipe beofre this if that makes any sense but those are my exact stats currently so idk if that changes anything or not

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
i am now level 80 and doing quests in azteca now so if that changes things idk

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
doodlepoofie on Oct 29, 2019 wrote:
i do not craft on any characters im starting to on this one and im almost level 80 and in the underwater part of avalon and when im able to check my stats later i'll reply with exact gear and exact jewels and total stats to see what could chance but i seem to be leveling pretty fast due to my lots of free time so i can play longer i started to play again a little after middle of avalon and after 2 days im almost done and like level 78 or 79 so in 10 levels ill have new gear until darkmoor and like i said i'll reply later with exact everything when im on later and i can take a break from questing or i might just finish avalon then go farm for the house of scales gear and if got all of it it would last until darkmoor like waterworks gear?
The House of Scales Gear is more of the offensive set in comparison to the Waterworks Gear that is more all rounded.

The House of Scales Gear offers more stats in damage and critical while Waterworks has more resists and incoming boost.

I prefer the offense, so I would opted for the HoS Gear.

But, it doesn't mean you can't combine the two. The HoS hat is good though.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
From the stats, your accuracy needs improvement.

At level 80, your accuracy should be at least 90.

To achieve this, I recommend farming for the gear options I mentioned above.

Also, in addition to crafting, you can begin gardening too.

Gardening can garner gold and treasures etc that can greatly aid you.

Survivor
Feb 11, 2011
Star Edward on Oct 30, 2019 wrote:
The House of Scales Gear is more of the offensive set in comparison to the Waterworks Gear that is more all rounded.

The House of Scales Gear offers more stats in damage and critical while Waterworks has more resists and incoming boost.

I prefer the offense, so I would opted for the HoS Gear.

But, it doesn't mean you can't combine the two. The HoS hat is good though.

so do you suggest me farm for the hos gear or keep my current until i can use my level 90 verison of the jewel crafters bundle