Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need help with second school Fire spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 15, 2011
Hi All,

I am a level 38 death wizard and I choose Fire as my second school.

I understand that there are many Fire spells that I cannot obtain as a Death wizard because those Fire spells are acquired from Fire wizard quests only.

So as a Death wizard what can I do to best use the Fire spells?

The Fire Trap is no good as it can only cast on a specific target. I need a way to mirror the Fireblade spell. Can I get a treasure card to do it? How about create Fireblade treasure card? Is that even possible?

This is my thinking but please let me know if any of these are impossible.
1) Cast Elemental Blade +35%
2) Cast Wyldfire +25%
3) Cast a Fireblade treasure card. Is this possible?
4) And finally cast Meteor Strike from Mugsy's Meteorite Amulet 355-395 damages

So overall I can get atleast 600+ damages on multiple targets. And if it is possible to get a Fireblade treasure card I can almost reach 1000.

Please suggest if there are other better ways.

Thanks.

Regards

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I think you are putting too much into your secondary school. Remember as you level up, unless you craft gear, your gear will mainly benefit your main schools attacks. And since you do not have a Fire mastery Amulet, and probably wont get one for a good while, you are not going to hit as hard as fire and will only spend more pips. I'm not saying don't attack with fire spells but you must remember, the enemy isn't going to wait for you to set up big with your secondary before deciding to attack. You gotta balance your secondary and primary schools.

Forget traps when dealing with fire and don't bother with wild fire. Unless the shot will eliminate the enemy, it is a terrible idea to use a spell like Helephant or phoenix as a death without a fire mastery amulet because it will eat up 5 of your 7 pips no matter if it be power or single. And no pips means no strong offense, no pips means no heals, etc. You need to reconsider some things about your primary and secondary.

Regarding meteor doing 600 To each enemy. That will set you back 4 pips, single or power. But if you use scarecrow, while the base damage may be lower, the right death gear and a blade, you can do more damage than the meteor and be healed at the same time because it's a drain spell. So forget about using meteor there.

Being efficient in battle should win over your desire to just attack with some out of school spell just because you like it.