Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Need general help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2016
Hello,
I've been playing this game for about 6 weeks. I am level 49 and I think there is a lot of stuff I've missed along the way. For instance, I can't defeat the Whip guy in the Marleybone Barkingham Palace quest. I can't finish Grizzleheim because I can't do battle with the characters in the Warrens - the ones that take 7000+ to kill and there are four of them per dungeon.

I have finished Wizard City, Krokatopia, MooShu, and Wisteria. I'm about half way through with DragonSpire. But those, GH and MB are the only worlds I have open. I don't know how to go on to the next world in the spiral either.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to upgrade my character so I can handle these quests? Oh, and I don't know where to get cards for my deck. I only have the ones from the teachers at Wizard City. I have gotten a few from the bazaar but they are so expensive. How do I get better cards?

Thanks for any insight.

Peace,
Celynia

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
CelyniaFinn on Oct 16, 2016 wrote:
Hello,
I've been playing this game for about 6 weeks. I am level 49 and I think there is a lot of stuff I've missed along the way. For instance, I can't defeat the Whip guy in the Marleybone Barkingham Palace quest. I can't finish Grizzleheim because I can't do battle with the characters in the Warrens - the ones that take 7000+ to kill and there are four of them per dungeon.

I have finished Wizard City, Krokatopia, MooShu, and Wisteria. I'm about half way through with DragonSpire. But those, GH and MB are the only worlds I have open. I don't know how to go on to the next world in the spiral either.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to upgrade my character so I can handle these quests? Oh, and I don't know where to get cards for my deck. I only have the ones from the teachers at Wizard City. I have gotten a few from the bazaar but they are so expensive. How do I get better cards?

Thanks for any insight.

Peace,
Celynia
Here is some info that might help, or at least point you in a direction for some help:

1. The Marleybone Warehouse is "optional". You are not required to complete that Quest in order to move forward in the game. Most players pass on that one, and come back later.

When you are ready to try it, you might want to get some help. For example, one of the fansites that I use (Wizard101 Central) has groups of players who volunteer to help with almost anything in the game. You can check them out on this link to Wizard101 Central: http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?8-In-Game-Quest-Help-and-Meet-Ups.

On that link, you can post for "Help Wanted". (If you aren't a member on that site, you can sign up. There is no cost to become a Central member.)

2, Grizzleheim is also a 'side' world. You do not need to complete Grizzleheim to move forward. But you do need certain areas for special things (like some of your 'school related quests'). Again, for help fighting the bosses, the fansite at Wizard101 Central can help.

3. You didn't say which 'school' your Wizard is. In addition to the Spells from the teachers in Ravenwood, each school has "Other Trainers" too. Some of them are 'free' spells, but some need a Quest completed.

As one example, here is a link to the "Fire School Spells": http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Spell:Fire_School_Spells#axzz4NFPoWZEn

And there are other ways to get Spells (like Crafting). See this list: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Spells#axzz4NFPoWZEn

On those links to Wizard101 Central, you can click on the 'blue links' to see more info. Hope that helps.

AluraMist (on Central)

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
CelyniaFinn on Oct 16, 2016 wrote:
Hello,

Thanks for any insight.

Peace,
Celynia
To learn new spells you have to talk to your teacher for quest when you hit certain levels
ex. 48,58,68 etc.

As for marleybone, you finished it already if you are in dragonspyre. The palace is a side quest, if you really wanna do it try to find a team.
The next world in the spiral for you is celestia, just keep following your main quest until you defeat malistaire.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2016
Thanks for the links. My wizard is in the Ice School. I'll check all of the links. I have all of the spells given to me by my professor. I did get a spell crafting table, however I cannot find spell crafting recipes.

If I've finished Marleybone and Grizzleheim when do I get a new world? I've just gotten the second portal open in Dragonspyre. I suppose I have to completely finish DS, yes?

Thanks again. I'll check back tomorrow.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
CelyniaFinn on Oct 17, 2016 wrote:
Thanks for the links. My wizard is in the Ice School. I'll check all of the links. I have all of the spells given to me by my professor. I did get a spell crafting table, however I cannot find spell crafting recipes.

If I've finished Marleybone and Grizzleheim when do I get a new world? I've just gotten the second portal open in Dragonspyre. I suppose I have to completely finish DS, yes?

Thanks again. I'll check back tomorrow.
This link has all you need about "Crafting", including Recipes: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Crafting#axzz4NMOwxwuv

Yes, Dragonspyre must be completed to get to the next world. The fansite also has Quest Trees for each world, up to Zafaria at least. It shows the list of Quests (Main, Side, Instances, etc.). On this link, click on the world that you need: http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Category:Quest_Lines#axzz4NMOwxwuv