Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mything Something

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 19, 2016
Your opinion please. What is the best way to play an upper level (90 and beyond) myth wizard? Thanks for your input.

Mastermind
Nov 08, 2015
DeathGem67 on Feb 18, 2018 wrote:
Your opinion please. What is the best way to play an upper level (90 and beyond) myth wizard? Thanks for your input.
My Myth is 125, so I'll tell you how I've been getting through the new worlds on him.

First, I made the mistake back in Polaris to rely heavily on Shadow-enhanced spells. That didn't work, since I had to keep passing and waiting for a Shadow pip to show up. As a result, I now make sure to have an equal mix of Shadow-enhanced spells and regular spells in my deck to make sure I'm never constantly useless in a fight again. Now onto how I handle bosses and mobs:

Because Myth has Earthquake and Frog as aoe spells, this made me handle fighting mobs differently than as another school. Most schools blade up to do one big hit, but that doesn't really work on Myth. And because the pip requirements for these two spells are so low, I'm able to spam them effectively. However, in order to maximize the damage output for these spells, I have to rely on auras instead of blades (since auras obviously last longer than a single blade lol). The Frenzy aura gives a 40% outgoing damage boost, and I actually use it on all my characters :P ... and of course, if a Shadow pip shows up, I'll do either Mystic Colossus or Snake Charmer, depending on which is in my hand lol.

My boss deck actually only has 16 cards in it. 4 Epics, 1 Indemnity, 2 Sharpened Blades, 1 Mystic Colossus, 1 Frog, 1 Medusa, 3 Mythblades, 1 Snake Charmer, 1 Frenzy, and 1 Feint. I don't use Spirit Blade anymore, because of the pip I lose when using it (I may have to reconsider this if pip conversion becomes reliable enough). I also use Medusa because it's a strong attack used for single enemies, and I found I was never able to have enough pips to use Calendar when I had that in my deck. Bosses in Polaris and beyond started having really low health, so I found only one Feint was needed, however I always keep some Feint tc in my sideboard just in case. Like I said before, I try not to completely rely on Shadow pips, so I'm able to attack even if I don't have a pip.

I'm running low on space to type, so I hope this helped.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2009
In my deck i use 2 mythblades 2 spirit blades (given by niles, the balence tree) 2 sharpen blades ( given by the azteca astral trainer side quests) 2 collosals (from the zafaria sun trainer quest) replaced with 2 epics after lvl 110 ( arcanum astral trainer), 2 mythic collosus ( from darkmoor), or humungofrog until you get it, and 2 feints, and a potent trap ( from the same azteca trainer) for bosses. For gear i use the tartaurus gear from lvl 90 to 100, and at 100 i get darkmoor. There is also a good wand from the terrors hoard pack. The robe from the rattlebones exalted duel can be used as a replacement for the darkmoor robe.

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
BrahmShadow on Feb 18, 2018 wrote:
My Myth is 125, so I'll tell you how I've been getting through the new worlds on him.

First, I made the mistake back in Polaris to rely heavily on Shadow-enhanced spells. That didn't work, since I had to keep passing and waiting for a Shadow pip to show up. As a result, I now make sure to have an equal mix of Shadow-enhanced spells and regular spells in my deck to make sure I'm never constantly useless in a fight again. Now onto how I handle bosses and mobs:

Because Myth has Earthquake and Frog as aoe spells, this made me handle fighting mobs differently than as another school. Most schools blade up to do one big hit, but that doesn't really work on Myth. And because the pip requirements for these two spells are so low, I'm able to spam them effectively. However, in order to maximize the damage output for these spells, I have to rely on auras instead of blades (since auras obviously last longer than a single blade lol). The Frenzy aura gives a 40% outgoing damage boost, and I actually use it on all my characters :P ... and of course, if a Shadow pip shows up, I'll do either Mystic Colossus or Snake Charmer, depending on which is in my hand lol.

My boss deck actually only has 16 cards in it. 4 Epics, 1 Indemnity, 2 Sharpened Blades, 1 Mystic Colossus, 1 Frog, 1 Medusa, 3 Mythblades, 1 Snake Charmer, 1 Frenzy, and 1 Feint. I don't use Spirit Blade anymore, because of the pip I lose when using it (I may have to reconsider this if pip conversion becomes reliable enough). I also use Medusa because it's a strong attack used for single enemies, and I found I was never able to have enough pips to use Calendar when I had that in my deck. Bosses in Polaris and beyond started having really low health, so I found only one Feint was needed, however I always keep some Feint tc in my sideboard just in case. Like I said before, I try not to completely rely on Shadow pips, so I'm able to attack even if I don't have a pip.

I'm running low on space to type, so I hope this helped.
Well said!

I especially like and encourage the tip you mentioned about using Frenzy (Berserk for lower leveled players).

Seems many players shy away from this key spell which has so much potential.