Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth, the opposite of Balance?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 02, 2017
So I've been thinking about how Balance doesn't have a prism, and I googled it just to see what people thought about the difficulty caused by this (I was considering making a Balance.) Most people responded with something along the lines of "Balance doesn't have an opposite school."

The dictionary definition of Balance is when all elements are equal or in their correct proportions. When everything is in their respective positions in the natural order of the Universe.

The opposite of Balance, therefore, would be chaos; when everything is OUT of order.

Here's where Myth comes into it. A myth or legend is a widespread false idea. In Wizard101, the entire point of the school of Myth is to summon myths to aid you. To bring into existence what cannot be; to disrupt the natural order of the Universe, therefore creating Chaos.

Also, Wysteria calls Myth Chaos as well. Heironimus Bunch describes it as: "the magic of the unexpected, the unusual, the unpredictable. It defies logic..."

-James

Survivor
May 06, 2012
But myth and storm are already opposites. It wouldn’t be fair to make myth also be boosted by balance

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Shadow would be an even better opposite to Balance. KingsIsle has described it as chaotic.

"It is unstable and difficult to control. Players will need to learn how to best manage Shadow Magic and harness its very powerful benefits, without losing themselves in the process to Backlash."

Survivor
Aug 03, 2011
Brian GoldenShade on Jul 15, 2018 wrote:
But myth and storm are already opposites. It wouldn’t be fair to make myth also be boosted by balance
I see what you mean, but myth already boosts on balance. Death life and myth boost on balance, but still balance has nothing to boost on

Survivor
Jul 02, 2017
Brian GoldenShade on Jul 15, 2018 wrote:
There's literally no reason for storm and myth to be opposites.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2017
Fable Finder on Jul 15, 2018 wrote:
Shadow would be an even better opposite to Balance. KingsIsle has described it as chaotic.

"It is unstable and difficult to control. Players will need to learn how to best manage Shadow Magic and harness its very powerful benefits, without losing themselves in the process to Backlash."
Yes, that's true. You have to learn how to keep balance and not be consumed by the Shadow.

Survivor
May 06, 2012
James StormBlade on Jul 16, 2018 wrote:
There's literally no reason for storm and myth to be opposites.
While in real life they're not really opposite, they boost each other in the game for the sake of balance. You can't have 4 of the 6 main schools boost each other and have myth and storm off in their own world. I agree that we need a solution because balance doesn't boost anything and it needs a prism, it would just be unfair to boost myth.