Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 21, 2015
I have a that is lvl 22, and i was wondering if is worth lvling, I very rarely see a max Wizards and i have been told they aren't that great in PVE or PVP. Someone help me I don't want to waste my time on something that will not be worth it in the end.

P.S I do enjoy :) but I'd hate to be let down later on in the game when all i can do is sit there and blade people.

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
XLOwl on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
I have a that is lvl 22, and i was wondering if is worth lvling, I very rarely see a max Wizards and i have been told they aren't that great in PVE or PVP. Someone help me I don't want to waste my time on something that will not be worth it in the end.

P.S I do enjoy :) but I'd hate to be let down later on in the game when all i can do is sit there and blade people.
Well I actually dont think myth is really as bad as they say. To me, I once thought that myth wasnt really a powerful school, and in the beginning it does seem really boring. Its true that there arent very many wizards in wizard101 anymore, but when you level up, I am sure you will become powerful. I know this because I had a level 70 friend that helped me with the jade oni and he was quite powerful. But this is just my opinion and I dont know what others would think. But if you are really skeptical about it, I would just go for. Or . Or . Or anything else you think would be useful and powerful. But remember that technically you can be any school you like no matter what school you picked in the beginning because you dont have you put spells from your school in your deck, you can just train cards from another school and put those in your deck instead.

Heather StarSong lvl 47

Champion
Mar 28, 2010

Don't do myth, many of my friends regret choosing myth as their first wizard and lots of them deleted their myth at a low lvl. At max lvl, myth lacks utility spells, heals and combo spells so they aren't used often in max lvl pvp. As well, it's rare for them to find a darkmoor group since they don't have any useful spells. In my opinion, the school would be a great choice as a first wizard (even though I don't have one) as they are extremely fun to play as according to my friends. If you plan to pvp and have fun in PVE choose . If you want the best pvp school choose . Oh another reason people hate myth is because they don't get a powerful aoe until lvl 100

Delver
May 12, 2012

Hi,

I'm a 87 myself and I am still enjoying it. Most say that isn't very good, but it is as long as you put effort into it, you'll be fine. When I was in Avalon, I had trouble with solo PVE, and I do still in my current world, Azteca. I have 2 questing buddies, one a 88 and the other a 87 . When we do fights altogether as a team, it is pretty easy with occasional tough fights here and there. I'm also really close to getting my lvl 88 spell, Celestia Calendar, which will help me in PVE too. Now, with PVP, I was okay (like corporal and sergeant level) when I was level 30-40. Then, I kinda dropped. PVP is better when you are lower level, in my opinion, then again, I am not a huge fan and player of PVP.

isn't completely useless either. You will end up helping your team with damage (mostly single hits) and heals if your secondary is (like mine). Even though their aren't many wizards out there, that doesn't mean they are a bad school. is actually one of my favorites. So if I was you, wandering around wondering if is worth lvling, just get through level 32 and see how it turns out. You just got to test out the schools and see how you like it.

~ Allison Dragongem 87

Survivor
Jan 09, 2011
Adam Wintersinger on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
Don't do myth, many of my friends regret choosing myth as their first wizard and lots of them deleted their myth at a low lvl. At max lvl, myth lacks utility spells, heals and combo spells so they aren't used often in max lvl pvp. As well, it's rare for them to find a darkmoor group since they don't have any useful spells. In my opinion, the school would be a great choice as a first wizard (even though I don't have one) as they are extremely fun to play as according to my friends. If you plan to pvp and have fun in PVE choose . If you want the best pvp school choose . Oh another reason people hate myth is because they don't get a powerful aoe until lvl 100
myth can be a useful school in darkmoor. Myth can use shatter at a lower pip. They can also use cleanse ward on players to remove traps. I have a 38 and i enjoy playing with him. I love any class that can solo. Myth and Death are the top two schools to solo with. If he wants to continue his myth then he can. i will help him if he needs it.

Survivor
May 26, 2013
Myth is the best I have five max myth wizards, and soloed most of the game.

Explorer
Sep 06, 2010
Whoever told you myth was bad for PvE was wrong. It is common knowledge that death and myth are top 2 schools for soloing.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
I have played as a max wizard for all 7 schools, and I can say that all the schools are pretty much equal. I enjoy fighting as my myth, and the new shadow enhanced spells certainly help bring myth up to par with the other schools.

Every school is great at PVP and PVE, if you simply know how to play with the cards you are given.

If I were you, I would max your myth wizard, but I sort of max every Wizard I make, so the decision is up to you lol.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I have two myth wizards. One is max level and the other is level 100.

I have multiple accounts and have played every school. Myth by far is my favorite. I soloed most of the game with both of my myth wizards. In group play my myth wizards can kill but if needed can also play support. Shatter, earthquake, and stuns can help a lot in group play.

Don't give up on your myth wizard. They do take a little more work than other schools but in the end they are worth having.

Survivor
Nov 21, 2015
Up to the Big Ben now on my myth thanks for the feed back i'll continue him, he is lots of fun. :)

Historian
Aug 10, 2009