Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mystic Fishing Bundle is a HUGE disappointment

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 06, 2011
The fishing area is cute, and is a nice addition to an existing house where you can practice fishing. But the armor and wand included are weaker than the ones I was already wearing. I was wearing the Hawkrider's outfit at level 50 and the Fisherman's outfit at level 60 made me weaker! Significantly. If you purchase armor or equipment at the Crowns store, you get to see what the stats are. There is no easy way to see what the potential stats of equipment or the pet of any bundle will be. And once you purchase and activate a bundle (even online through the Wizard101 site, like I did), customer service won't do anything for you. All sales are final, buyer beware.

Since there's no easy or obvious way to compare stats on bundle equipment (or pets) to what you already have, I highly recommend just buying crowns and purchasing individually from the Crown shop. Learn from my mistake and don't waste your money on bundles (unless you really want the house/pet/mount that you can't otherwise get).

Defender
Aug 08, 2015
No arguing there. The picture on the bundle doesn't even look slightly attractive. It's probably why it's the least expensive online bundle, and has been for awhile.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
more of a fishing bundle than a pvp bundle

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
If you're relying on bundle gear for good stats, you might have bigger problems.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Yup, it is geared toward fishing stats.
FYI you can look online to see any gear stats on wizard101 central wiki before buying anything.