Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mystic Fishing Bundle Available at Walmart USA

1
AuthorMessage
Administrator
Good news for fans of Fishing in the Spiral!

The Mystic Fishing Bundle is now available in Walmart stores across the USA. Now your Wizard can select gear and weapons up to Level 100 when you redeem the Mystic Fishing Bundle.

This bundle includes:

  • Private Fishing Retreat with Unique Fish to Catch
  • Two-Player Mystic Skiff Mount
  • First Mate Otter Pet
  • Arcane Angler's Outfit
  • Swordfish Sword
  • 1 Month or 5,000 Crowns

https://www.wizard101.com/game/mystic-fishing-bundle



Prepaid cards such as this have a life cycle.
  • They are launched in retail stores in the USA only as that is the distribution available to us through the company that makes the cards.
  • When a new card is introduced, usually we then take an older card and offer it for sale on our website. Many of those older cards can be directly purchased at https://www.wizard101.com/game/prepaid-card
  • When the older card has been available on the website for a while, it is then retired as a bundle and no longer offered on the website.
  • Sometimes we make individual items from the bundle available in the Crown Shop for special events, however not all items are offered this way.


community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4956
Professor Greyrose on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
Good news for fans of Fishing in the Spiral!

The Mystic Fishing Bundle is now available in Walmart stores across the USA. Now your Wizard can select gear and weapons up to Level 100 when you redeem the Mystic Fishing Bundle.

This bundle includes:

  • Private Fishing Retreat with Unique Fish to Catch
  • Two-Player Mystic Skiff Mount
  • First Mate Otter Pet
  • Arcane Angler's Outfit
  • Swordfish Sword
  • 1 Month or 5,000 Crowns

https://www.wizard101.com/game/mystic-fishing-bundle



Prepaid cards such as this have a life cycle.
  • They are launched in retail stores in the USA only as that is the distribution available to us through the company that makes the cards.
  • When a new card is introduced, usually we then take an older card and offer it for sale on our website. Many of those older cards can be directly purchased at https://www.wizard101.com/game/prepaid-card
  • When the older card has been available on the website for a while, it is then retired as a bundle and no longer offered on the website.
  • Sometimes we make individual items from the bundle available in the Crown Shop for special events, however not all items are offered this way.
That's terrific for those near a walmart that carries them. No walmart near me carries any Wizard101 bundles/cards/etc. Online purchase should be an alternative for every single bundle/card you sell for just this reason.

Survivor
Mar 30, 2011
2
Walmarts in Our area are NOT even carrying W101 cards at all! When asked for it, the inventory computer says must purchase at walmart.com?? What gives?

Survivor
Jan 16, 2014
8
I am sorry but this is not available at any walmart I have been able to find. Been on the phone all morning calling all locations I can even travel to in Minnesota. None on the shelves and none they are aware of even coming in. Also spoke with game stop locations, none aware of any upcoming shipments of it either. If we have no locations that carry it., Why can we not at least buy it online? Why say it is available when it is only for a select few states? I must assume some states have it already since I have seen people with the mount and the pet already!!

Survivor
Jan 16, 2014
8
Ellie Deathshade on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
Walmarts in Our area are NOT even carrying W101 cards at all! When asked for it, the inventory computer says must purchase at walmart.com?? What gives?
I also looked online and they only have 2 older bundles and the 10.00 one. 3 total for all available and that is not listed among them.

Administrator
rainraven7 on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
I am sorry but this is not available at any walmart I have been able to find. Been on the phone all morning calling all locations I can even travel to in Minnesota. None on the shelves and none they are aware of even coming in. Also spoke with game stop locations, none aware of any upcoming shipments of it either. If we have no locations that carry it., Why can we not at least buy it online? Why say it is available when it is only for a select few states? I must assume some states have it already since I have seen people with the mount and the pet already!!
Hello,

The Mystic Fishing Bundle is only available at Walmart, not Gamestop. Please be patient as this is very new and it may take some time for you to see it in your local store.


community@wizard101.com
Delver
Oct 18, 2009
248
I will have to wait and see if I even want this bundle the only appealing thing is the private fishing area (which looks a bit odd in and of itself) and even then I have to see what kind of fish it even has i.e. is it just wizard city fish or is it every fish that ever has and ever will exist in the spiral. The gear looks like it will only be good for energy so ill probably only use during the lull between the end of khrysalis and whatever comes next. The pets from these are usually decent but i probably wont be trading in my current one for it. Finally the mount is very large even for a two person i would sooner use a dragonfly or something else that wont take up my whole screen. It would probably be fun for being silly and such (using it underwater would be hilarious) but i wouldn't use it for day to day.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
2779
RavenLady777 on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
That's terrific for those near a walmart that carries them. No walmart near me carries any Wizard101 bundles/cards/etc. Online purchase should be an alternative for every single bundle/card you sell for just this reason.
I agree. And none of the newer bundles are available through Walmart online either.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2014
8

Thanks for the reply, I finally got lucky

After hours of confusion lol, the stores were saying they were in stock. Than would call that location and there were none ever there. 8 Stores later I finally found someone who carried it and took 2 for me to put on hold. Had to drive an hour to get there lol, but I got it! I also figured out if you ask them via CPU code they will be able to pull the card up for you, and cause WAY less confusion.

The number for anyone else who was on the hunt like me XD
#79936626626

Good luck fellow Wizards xo

Survivor
Jul 22, 2014
5
Walmarts in Phoenix Arizona and the surrounding area do not carry anything for Wizard101.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
657
rainraven7 on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
I am sorry but this is not available at any walmart I have been able to find. Been on the phone all morning calling all locations I can even travel to in Minnesota. None on the shelves and none they are aware of even coming in. Also spoke with game stop locations, none aware of any upcoming shipments of it either. If we have no locations that carry it., Why can we not at least buy it online? Why say it is available when it is only for a select few states? I must assume some states have it already since I have seen people with the mount and the pet already!!
Rainraven7 is correct; this bundle isn't available at every Walmart location! I visited the closest Walmart, and the manager I spoke with says there's no plan to stock this item. They called two other area Walmart locations, with the same response.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2014
8
Tylerwildpants on Oct 29, 2014 wrote:
Rainraven7 is correct; this bundle isn't available at every Walmart location! I visited the closest Walmart, and the manager I spoke with says there's no plan to stock this item. They called two other area Walmart locations, with the same response.
Hello,
Did you by chance give them to code for you to look it up? I got the same answer at first until I found that code
(I posted it above) and than after that they were able to find it and tell me. I would say try that if you have not already when you are asking locations if they have it xx Good luck!

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
154
Discord Spiders on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
I will have to wait and see if I even want this bundle the only appealing thing is the private fishing area (which looks a bit odd in and of itself) and even then I have to see what kind of fish it even has i.e. is it just wizard city fish or is it every fish that ever has and ever will exist in the spiral. The gear looks like it will only be good for energy so ill probably only use during the lull between the end of khrysalis and whatever comes next. The pets from these are usually decent but i probably wont be trading in my current one for it. Finally the mount is very large even for a two person i would sooner use a dragonfly or something else that wont take up my whole screen. It would probably be fun for being silly and such (using it underwater would be hilarious) but i wouldn't use it for day to day.
But still the bundle all-in-all is amazing!

Survivor
Dec 09, 2011
19
Am so disappointed with these new bundles. They look good and sound good but we here in New Zealand and Australia are unable to purchase any of them. We have no Walmarts and EB games in New Zealand only have the $15 prepaid game cards. (if you can find a shop that actually sells them)

Can you please, please, please make these bundles available for purchase online for your many fans around the world? I find it very strange that you would not want our money!
The only bundles I can purchase online are old ones.

You mention that these bundles will eventually be placed online maybe? How long will we all have to wait for this to happen.

I absolutely love this game, but not having access to these new bundles is very frustrating.

Explorer
Oct 02, 2012
98
Sadly I won't be able to get this bundle as my walmart removed all their wizard101 cards. Disappointed and speechless. I am too far to the other walmart that may or may not have the card. I don't know why these are dangled in front of us and we cannot buy them online. Really dumbfounded to say the least.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
166
Professor Greyrose on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
Hello,

The Mystic Fishing Bundle is only available at Walmart, not Gamestop. Please be patient as this is very new and it may take some time for you to see it in your local store.
Is there an estimated time when it will be in Most stores? Like a few days or next week or 2 weeks from now?

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
248
So I got a good look at this bundle and I must say its decent. The private fishing area contains rare fish like brain sturgeon (which i need to catch about ten of and fishing out of the krokotopian puddles is really really annoying) Not sure what else you can catch but it seems to be a nice variety. It also has a new fish which is very pretty not useful as far as I know but nice to look at none the less. This is the first gear with fishing luck and at top levels adds about 12 maybe more points to your energy globe probably not the best but not the worst either. The pet also has a very useful fishing may cast along with even more luck its a storm pet so unless you are storm you probably wont be using it outside of fishing. The mount is a mount it moves at the same speed as the rest of them just happens to be a magical boat. I forget whats on the wand but its stats are not that good for battle however if you ever wanted to smack (well more jab at) someone with fish I guess stitching it to something else would be a good use. I suppose i give it a 3 out of 5. If you REALLY like fishing go for it otherwise wait for the next one

Survivor
Mar 30, 2011
2
rainraven7 on Oct 29, 2014 wrote:

Thanks for the reply, I finally got lucky

After hours of confusion lol, the stores were saying they were in stock. Than would call that location and there were none ever there. 8 Stores later I finally found someone who carried it and took 2 for me to put on hold. Had to drive an hour to get there lol, but I got it! I also figured out if you ask them via CPU code they will be able to pull the card up for you, and cause WAY less confusion.

The number for anyone else who was on the hunt like me XD
#79936626626

Good luck fellow Wizards xo
Yay!! I got one. so excited. This product code you gave Us worked!! Thank You!!!

Survivor
Feb 11, 2009
8
I've went to walmart everyday this week and there isn't even a spot on the wall for ANY Wizard101 cards. I really want this bundle while its new and unique.

Survivor
Jan 16, 2014
8
Ellie Deathshade on Oct 31, 2014 wrote:
Yay!! I got one. so excited. This product code you gave Us worked!! Thank You!!!
Very welcome, happy it worked for you :D

Survivor
Jul 14, 2014
10
RavenLady777 on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
That's terrific for those near a walmart that carries them. No walmart near me carries any Wizard101 bundles/cards/etc. Online purchase should be an alternative for every single bundle/card you sell for just this reason.
I agree, our walmart doesn't have kingsisle cards at all. Oh and no way of finding which ones do carry them. I'm not driving all over the place for cards.

Defender
Jun 16, 2011
154
RavenLady777 on Oct 28, 2014 wrote:
That's terrific for those near a walmart that carries them. No walmart near me carries any Wizard101 bundles/cards/etc. Online purchase should be an alternative for every single bundle/card you sell for just this reason.
It takes a long process to get the Bundles into the site, you need to validate them, then have a security process, etc.

I think first KI starts off with Nation-Wide stores like Walmart and move to smaller ones like GameStop. While the Cards are in the stores I think KI starts working on the process of how to make the cards available online.

It might be ready in February, usually it takes a couple of months.

And W101 cant get EVERY single store to sell their product, but I know they work very hard to get them in as many stores as they can

Elizabeth level 70

Survivor
Aug 18, 2012
4
My Walmart nor any with a couple hours drive have this bundle. In fact my Walmart has no Wizard101 cards. It has been a couple months now since the bundle came out how long do we have to wait. I have seen it on sale on Ebay but they want double the price. I wish in the future that you don't make any bundles Walmart exclusive game stop is much more efficient at getting the bundles out. Perhaps they could be sold directly from Wizard101 online. Thanks for listening I am sorry I am complaining but i am just so frustrated.

Thanks so much,
Alura

Delver
Jul 17, 2009
204
Walmart carries Wizard101 cards, but they are not on what they call Mods, and so it's up to the department to put them out in flex area's IF they have the room and IF they have the cards. If KI would give us the upc's on here when they post it it will help as we can have them look it up. Many will have them but they are probaly in a box where they keep the itunes, game cards etc.
Call 1-800- Walmart and tell them they need to carry them. They DO listen.
And sometimes it's not the Department Manager you should ask... look for a Mosiac rep. That's how I found out my Walmart was suppose to get them in, they just didn't and he's looking into it. It's also why my Walmart puts out the KI cards in the flex area, they know they will sell.
Now for the online issue with Walmart, they claimed it's out of stock. I'm still trying to get an answer on that one.

Survivor
Apr 15, 2009
19
I can drive to 5 walmarts all within 30 min of me. An after a day of searching NONE of the 5 walmarts carry this Bundle. 3 of the walmarts dont even have wizard101 cards any more and the 2 that did have some were just the $10 cards. I think your people need to talk to their people and see why so many walmarts are not carrying your cards.

1