Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

My disappointment

AuthorMessage
Historian
Jun 14, 2009
My favorite teacher is Cyrus Drake. I have always enjoyed his enthusiam for teaching. The one thing that I looked forward to when CL came out was to visit him for my lvl 58 spell. I worked extremely hard to get to that point just for that.

I kept wondering what sarcastic remark he would say or critism he would give. So, imagine my surprise when he was actually helpful and on the nice side. What happened to his condescending attitude?

I thought he would say something like; "Why I am surprise that you actually made it this far. Well, since you are here, I imagine that you have earned another spell. Just be quick about it, so you don't waste any more of my time."

Instead, he tells me I've earned the right to the spell and explains to me what it is. I was so hurt and disappointed. I always enjoyed how he never cuddled you and made you prove him wrong.

Besides that, and this may be my imagination, he was talking faster than usual, instead of that cool, I really don't care (but you know he does) mono tone voice of his. Didn't like that either.

I hope that KI brings the old Prof. Drake back for the next world and not this tea happy one.

Suri Spiritrider soon to be Legendary

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
At that point you had already defeated his brother. It is something Cyrus could not do, something no one could do.
When you fought Cyrus for the right to go to Dragon Spire, do you think he was holding back? You defeated Cyrus with his own element, then defeated the most powerful necromancer the spiral has ever known. Cyrus has more experience, but you are more powerful.
Cyrus is also greatful that his tormented brother is finally at peace. You have lifted a great burden from Cyrus's shoulders.
So I do expect him to drop the condescending apathetic act.

Like it or not, you have earned his admiration and respect.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
So let me get this straight...

You're disappointed that Cyrus Drake has finally relinquished his caustic attitude and has actually become a somewhat benevolent teacher? Really?

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
So let me get this straight...

You're disappointed that Cyrus Drake has finally relinquished his caustic attitude and has actually become a somewhat benevolent teacher? Really?

Yes, I am. I enjoyed the smart remarks and never new what he would say next. I didn't like the cuddling, like some of the other professors.

I always looked forward to those. It was funny.