Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Most Anooying Minion?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 29, 2013
OK so we know that minions by in large are pretty easy to kill off when summoned but... I have to say fire elemental and helpful mander drive me nuts. If I am going second the mantle and shields and weakness spams drive me crazy. I always carry spells to take out a minion but as we know decks don't always cooperate. Wt ones do people find the most annoying?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
LesRoo. on Sep 3, 2013 wrote:
OK so we know that minions by in large are pretty easy to kill off when summoned but... I have to say fire elemental and helpful mander drive me nuts. If I am going second the mantle and shields and weakness spams drive me crazy. I always carry spells to take out a minion but as we know decks don't always cooperate. Wt ones do people find the most annoying?
I like the helpful mander.
the fire and storm minions are pretty much useless; I've never had one in my deck.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
I think ALL first generation, non treasure card, minions are a joke. Sure, they can all help you out early on in the game, but has anybody really used one EFFECTIVELY beyond marleybone? I think the Death Minion is the most flexible, but still holds to that rule of uselessness. Minions spells that are ranged or X-pip are certainly MORE useful, but MORE useful is still useless in this case. I think the MOST useful first generation minion spells are the treasure card minions. They:

Cost a reasonable amount
Cast spells that actually do damage
Have hit points that are closer to the cost aspect.

Let me give you an awesome example of what I mean here. Death has:

Lord Nightshade (5 pips, 1,250 HP) - treasure card
Malistaire (6 Pips, 1,500 HP) - treasure card
Death Incarnate (14 pips, 1,400 HP) - learned spell

So, Death's minion costs more than TWICE what a treasure card does with middle ranged HP. Shouldnt it be that if it costs more pips it should be a stronger spell? Granted, treasure card spells are always stronger than their learned spell counterpart (from what I have seen - now, of course, somebody will prove me wrong lol), but that's one heck of an upgrade!

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
I dunno of any "anooying" minions, but if I spot any I'll let you know! :)

Explorer
Aug 06, 2008
The Endless Sorcer... on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
As a storm wizard, my first generation minion is totally useless in higher ups so I completely agree. He has no offensive attacks of any kind. His mission is to shield and heal himself, and cast taunt as much as possible, which does not help at all during pvp. In pvp, I find it most annoying when my opponent uses a balance minion, those guys are extremly annoying, especially if you're going second to them. Thats my 2 cents lol
-Adam Seafist lvl 90

happy playing!

Survivor
Dec 25, 2011
I think the Ice minion is the most annoying but also the most useful. Annoying because he attacks so much he loves to trigger your traps. Most helpful because for the snow angel spell quest he did pretty much all the attacking while I just worried about healing and shielding.

Survivor
May 16, 2013
The Endless Sorcer... on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
Teehee. Clever clever. Anyways I personally don't like the fire minion, in PvP he just destroys shields and spams smokes.

Wolf Skullslinger

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
wolf legend on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
Teehee. Clever clever. Anyways I personally don't like the fire minion, in PvP he just destroys shields and spams smokes.

Wolf Skullslinger
funny, mine always spammed Link

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
dayerider on Sep 4, 2013 wrote:
I think ALL first generation, non treasure card, minions are a joke. Sure, they can all help you out early on in the game, but has anybody really used one EFFECTIVELY beyond marleybone? I think the Death Minion is the most flexible, but still holds to that rule of uselessness. Minions spells that are ranged or X-pip are certainly MORE useful, but MORE useful is still useless in this case. I think the MOST useful first generation minion spells are the treasure card minions. They:

Cost a reasonable amount
Cast spells that actually do damage
Have hit points that are closer to the cost aspect.

Let me give you an awesome example of what I mean here. Death has:

Lord Nightshade (5 pips, 1,250 HP) - treasure card
Malistaire (6 Pips, 1,500 HP) - treasure card
Death Incarnate (14 pips, 1,400 HP) - learned spell

So, Death's minion costs more than TWICE what a treasure card does with middle ranged HP. Shouldnt it be that if it costs more pips it should be a stronger spell? Granted, treasure card spells are always stronger than their learned spell counterpart (from what I have seen - now, of course, somebody will prove me wrong lol), but that's one heck of an upgrade!
The Fire minion helped me solo Sothmekhet. Don't underestimate any minion, they can help you whether you think it or not.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Scarlet Nightdream... on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
The Fire minion helped me solo Sothmekhet. Don't underestimate any minion, they can help you whether you think it or not.
I suppose helpfulness depends on how yours works for you. Mine was extremely useless. If I come across a battle I'm having a hard time with, the first thing I try to do is analyze my deck and see if it needs to be tweaked. Step #2 is to bring my minion with me to see if that helps. if it does, but I die, I analyze how the fight went and see what else to do.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
dayerider on Sep 6, 2013 wrote:
funny, mine always spammed Link
Yes, by spamming link he kills shields lol.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2011
Well really if you have a few 3 or 4 the minion will do damage to them just that you have to also be able to heal your self my fav is it has a healing spell it does fire elf and then a fire trap and sometimes it does smoke screen which is really helpful to heal your self when low on health

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Wolf Skullslinger on Sep 7, 2013 wrote:
Yes, by spamming link he kills shields lol.
true, that DOES kill shields, but one of two things happened:

1) Enemies didn't use that many shields
2) I didn't notice how many shields it broke (possible, but less likely)

Historian
Jul 18, 2010
I just HATE the minion!! It shields and heals himself for 5000 rounds then it finally uses taunt seriously ??? I'm dying here can you share some defenses with your caster?? The one isn't too good either ....