Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mob health changed?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 27, 2012
Did they change the amount of health mobs have in Avalon? I recently finished it on my third character and in Keep of Ganelon the first guys had like 3650 but i remember them having over 4000. Same goes for the death seraphs in The Wyrd and the catacombs, all the health seems to be a little lower.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
Did they change the amount of health mobs have in Avalon? I recently finished it on my third character and in Keep of Ganelon the first guys had like 3650 but i remember them having over 4000. Same goes for the death seraphs in The Wyrd and the catacombs, all the health seems to be a little lower.
Yes, a while back adjustments were made to Avalon and Azteca.

There are a few reasons why I can see this happening. First, of course is amount of wizards passing though a world, the first rush gets though then you have the stragglers that are having a little difficulty with the content and have to spend to much time in a world or they just plain give it up. So adjusting the difficulty may help them get though the world or at least encourage them to give it a try. Personally I think the latter comes to little to late for many but that just my thoughts on this.

Second, in a turn based game if you are going to continue on with adding content you have to pace the game play. Not adjusting difficulty as you go may make the game unplayable by to many. So as new worlds come out and that first rush of wizards finishes it it is practical to try to get others to progress also. I realize there are many more now who like the game as difficult as it can get but there may be some that do not mange this as well and are still needed in the population to make the game profitable.

Again I am not sure this works well as you have those who prefer difficult content and those who still can't handle it after it's been adjusted but I think that also has to do with world rush. When a new world comes out if you aren't in that flood of people you have way less chance of getting help unless you have built a reliable friends list. I am only going by what I have noticed and while questing these upper worlds.. I used to be with the rush set but in Avalon and up I decided to lag back and help others on my last high level wizard. These worlds can become ghost worlds from Zafaira on. The new team up doesn't work as well and wizards are sitting a sigils waiting for help. Joining mob battles with out asking is common.

Mary