Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Missing the Old Days

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 06, 2009
Hello fellow Wizards, and hello KingsIsle,

I think I speak for a good portion of Wizard101Central when I say that I miss the old days. What are the old days some of you are probably thinking.
The old days were back when grandmasters were rare and supreame, when there was no scamming in arena, (critical...) when the old wands were really nice, and when you could farm for the best gear.

Doesnt sound good to the new players does it? No. Thats because you werent here or you werent here for a large amount of time. My very best friend, tyler wildcatcher, has dissapeared since the update. He says everything isnt the same, and it has change to much. I agree with him 100%.

The spells are another problem. Life's forest lord is over powered. I like the spell, and its cool, but no way should it be able to kill a legendary storm with just a blade. Medusa also is a problem. 2 rounds of stun? Really? You've just opened a portal to new stun chainers.

In this I'm just saying I miss the past. I dont enjoy Wizard101 as much as I use to. I miss it all, I miss all my friends, and I'm just very sad about it all.

If you'd like to see more opinions, go to this link:

http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140911&highlight=

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
There's simple reasons behind all of your complains.

Grandmasters used to be rare, simply because the game was new and people hadn't played for long. Even with running around in circles and doing all of the sidequests, you could get to level 50 within a month or two.

I don't know what you mean about arena scamming. If you refer to the people who dress up and have names that make people think they are a different class than they really are, then that has and always will be there.

Wands are still really nice. They are just a bit more powerful now as you progress in levels.

What do you mean you can't farm for the best gear? Trial of the Spheres drops the best stuff in the game; no matter what kind of wizard you play.

Forest Lord is a very powerful spell, yes - but, seriously... Have you LOOKED at what the Theurgists have otherwise of attack spells?! Or maybe it is fair that a diviner can utterly wipe out a whole party with a single blade and a storm lord, but not fair when another class can do the same to you?

Games evolve. They change. Would you rather have a game that was still the same, with no Grizzleheim or Celestia, where the level cap was only 50, there weren't really any good dungeons to farm, and pets were utterly useless?

No, Wizard101 is not the same as it once was. It won't ever be. Because it keeps evolving and changing and becomes BETTER than it was before.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
I really think there is only one thing that has been added since the game began that I really hate about the game and that is PvP. Too many whiners there, who can't be the biggest bully in the game have changed very good real game spells (real game = PvE).

Other than PvP almost all the additions have been positive or neutral.
1) Adding DS: positive
2) Adding GH: positive
3) Adding Pets: positive
4) Adding Crafting: Positive
5) Adding Gardening: Currently I am neutral on this.
6) Adding CL: Positive
7) Adding Crits/Blocks: Very positive for those of us who want more variables in our preparation for play.
8) Having no really special wear in CL, instead letting the players determine which mix is best for thier play style: Positive
9) Finally have crafted wear that is as good as dropped goods: Positive
10) Bazaar: Positive

So, with the exception of PvP, which in my opinion causes trouble for the non-PvE players, not a bad addition in the group.

Defender
Oct 09, 2010
Ok, so your talking about a time in the Spiral when there wasn't 1/4 of what makes the game a bit fun today. If it was still "back in the old days", there would probably be a thousand quitters a day. My point is, things gotta change one day! I mean, without Bazaar I probably wouldn't have 3000+ health like I currently have. Without Bazaar, I might've not survived DS! Without Astral spells... well, they're just mostly "boosts", but there's something good to all of them that we would've seen as Treasures in the old days. (Sun= Keen eyes, Gargantuan, Unstoppable, etc. Mostly helpful to Fire and Storm wizards for the accuracy boosts, life for damage boosts, Star= Amplify, Fortify, Vegeance, etc. Those spells are good if you want to have a boost to a HUGE attack, and the Fortify if your facing a enemy in CL that you don't really have the correct shields for, and say, your looking at his 4 power pips, ____blade, and _____trap. They're EXTREMLELY useful in Celestia, considering one blow from a Stormzilla (with the traps and blades of course) could defeat you...
Moon= Polymorphs. They could be good if your facing the same enemy as YOUR school, just polymorph into Colossus or something, (or Ninja Pig if you don't care about the boost attacks and shields), or it could save you from fleeing one day when your out of cards... the enemy has 123 health... the ONLY card surviving is Polymorph Gobbler... you use Stinky Saulte... right there that single moon spell saved you! :-D
As for the Celestia expansion, GM's that somehow finished the whole game in the first 2 months after the DS update would probably be bored out of thier robe, so of course Celestia had to come!

And I could go on forever with this

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Explorer
Jan 06, 2009
For the most part, I like the updates. Some I use more than others, but none are truly awful. I do wish we still had the old crown gear. I have been increasingly disappointed in the game. It has nothing to do with updates, but the culture within the Spiral is rapidly diminishing, IMO. This is a kid-friendly game and the emphasis used to be on friendly. Lately, not so much. I found this game while trying to find an MMO that my kids would enjoy. In the process, I found that I enjoyed W101 as well. But the players are sucking the fun right out of this game. My kids hardly play anymore. I'm on the verge of quitting myself. I wish KI would at least try to foster a positive environment.

Delver
Feb 25, 2010
It's not KI really that needs to foster the positive environment; it's the players. And unfortunately, I know exactly what you mean. The players these days are not that fun to play with. A good many of them are mean-spirited, bullies, nasty-mouthed, and just plain mean. There are a few that are nice and all, but the mean ones just suck all the fun and joy out of playing sometimes. It's up to us the players to foster our own environment, and more of us need to step up to the plate.