Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Miscellaneous Updates

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The following minor updates have been made to the game:
  • Loremaster and Krampus Spells can now be crafted by Legendary level crafters! Look for the Loremaster recipe in the Wyrd at Grady in Dun Scaith, and look for Krampus recipe in Mooshu's Shirataki Temple at Master Yan Kan KookMore Menu Chat options have been added for discussions about Castles
  • Players should no longer get stuck in a sitting position without their mount
  • Silver chests in Khrysalis have had their rewards significantly increased
  • Some holiday wands will now be held like a wand instead of being held like a staff
  • Defeating your PvP opponent with your very last card will now count as a win, and not a loss
  • Teleporter in Tyrian's Gorge is no longer labeled "Moon Cliffs"
  • Mounts are no longer allowed in the Pet Pavilion. Sir Nigel Higgenbottom's shovel wasn't big enough to clean up after all those mounts too! Now you can show off your pets and have better visibility at the minigames without all those mounts in the way.
  • Aquila music scrolls are now available as rewards from duels
  • Locked items do not unlock after being dyed
  • Players should no longer get stuck on the Mother Quetzel Cage
  • The chances of being pulled into a duel immediately upon entering or exiting a dungeon has been reduced. Creatures will patrol a little further away from dungeon sigils, and entry areas
  • Many floating reagents have been grounded
  • Eloise Merryweather's identity crisis is over - her name is back to normal in Marleybone
  • The character name Finnigan is no longer blocked in chat
  • The History of Death Magic that you discover during the quest "Library Dues" is now properly labeled
  • Begonia Woodworth is now correctly advertising as a Pet Snack vendor, not a Pet vendor
  • Plus more spelling fixes than we can possibly list! Spot a spelling error? Post it at Cyrus Drake's Red Correcting Pen Thread

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Mar 26, 2014 wrote:
  • Loremaster and Krampus Spells can now be crafted by Legendary level crafters! Look for the Loremaster recipe in the Wyrd at Grady in Dun Scaith, and look for Krampus recipe in Mooshu's Shirataki Temple at Master Yan Kan KookMore Menu Chat options have been added for discussions about Castles
  • Some holiday wands will now be held like a wand instead of being held like a staff
  • Defeating your PvP opponent with your very last card will now count as a win, and not a loss
  • Mounts are no longer allowed in the Pet Pavilion. Sir Nigel Higgenbottom's shovel wasn't big enough to clean up after all those mounts too! Now you can show off your pets and have better visibility at the minigames without all those mounts in the way.
  • The chances of being pulled into a duel immediately upon entering or exiting a dungeon has been reduced. Creatures will patrol a little further away from dungeon sigils, and entry areas
  • Eloise Merryweather's identity crisis is over - her name is back to normal in Marleybone
  • The History of Death Magic that you discover during the quest "Library Dues" is now properly labeled
  • Begonia Woodworth is now correctly advertising as a Pet Snack vendor, not a Pet vendor
  • Plus more spelling fixes than we can possibly list! Spot a spelling error? Post it at Cyrus Drake's Red Correcting Pen Thread
The bit about the mounts being cleaned up after literally made me LOL.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Poor Nigel, having to deal with all those mount droppings. I'm thinking he needs a vacation after all that!

Explorer
Jun 24, 2011
Noticed the Frostfang tiger runs a little differently now. I liked him better before though. And the Donate Power spell has a different description somehow.

Explorer
Sep 30, 2013
I wasn't sure where to post this question, so I thought I would post it here under miscellaneous updates. I thought I saw somewhere that new items were being added to the crown shop, and I can only assume, because I haven't actually looked yet, that some of that is clothing. If so, I was wondering if there will also be new clothing between level 95 to 100 for the bazaar as well.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2011
When she said Many floating reagents have been grounded there is still a bug. In grizzleheim, I saw mist wood that was in the air.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2010
Here is an idea for an update: Fix may cast fairy on pets to heal like they use to. There is a thread that's been posted on Feb. 1st a lot of people spend money and a lot of time and those that spend a lot of time in other wasy to level up their pet to heal and I have read somewhere else that it's going to be fixed, but it has yet to be fixed. There are a lot of people quitting over this. Please fix it.

Survivor
Jun 18, 2009
I've seen a lot of players still stuck in their mounts sitting position.
I read that enemies patrol further out from sigils and entrances/exits? The ravens at Halfangs cave in wintertusk still catch you everytime.
The Kirin mount still has some really buggy animations and freezes up at times. At least the gold one does.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
ok the new updates are ok but i found something i REALLY don't like :( even if you go in with someone with the 'team up' feature, you still can't port to them at all. One feature i did really like about wizard over other games was the ability to port to someone who needed your help in most dungeons. It seems like if you use 'team up' you should be able to port to them wherever they are in that dungeon. Please consider fixing this.
Thanks guys!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
tabithadragonsong1... on May 19, 2014 wrote:
ok the new updates are ok but i found something i REALLY don't like :( even if you go in with someone with the 'team up' feature, you still can't port to them at all. One feature i did really like about wizard over other games was the ability to port to someone who needed your help in most dungeons. It seems like if you use 'team up' you should be able to port to them wherever they are in that dungeon. Please consider fixing this.
Thanks guys!
You cannot port to them because they are in a dungeon that doesn't allow ports. That's what recall is for. There's nothing bad about that, it's a lot better than before when you had to walk back. If you really want to port back into a later part of the dungeon, like just before Hades, mark a spot.