Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mini Mandela Effect

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 10, 2018
If you didn't already know, the Mandela effect is when a large group of people falsely remember something as true. (A common example is that a lot of people remember a kid's book series as "The BerenstEin Bears", when it is actually "The BerenstAin Bears".)

For those of you who have been playing Wizard101 for a long time, has anyone dealt with something similar? On a smaller scale, not just things that a bunch of people thought were true. I'll start:

I recently embarrassed myself by asking twice on the forums why the first Oasis beetle in Zeke's Krokotopia quest wasn't registering for me. I walked over it constantly but it didn't complete the quest. Turns out I was walking over the Island of Storms beetle! I first played this game in 2010-11 and I had NO memory whatsoever of the actual first beetle behind one of the shops; I fully believed it was the one on the Island of Storms. Part of me thought this was a recent update, and I was genuinely shocked when I watched a YouTube video from 2011 showing the locations of all the beetles.

My other one was also in Krok. This is more of a case of younger me not being as skilled of a reader, but I always thought it was Ka-rahn Barracks, not Karanahn Barracks. I recently played through with a new character and felt my brain short-circuit when I heard one of the NPCs pronounce it correctly.

Delver
Apr 05, 2022
svecounia72 on Mar 24, 2023 wrote:
If you didn't already know, the Mandela effect is when a large group of people falsely remember something as true. (A common example is that a lot of people remember a kid's book series as "The BerenstEin Bears", when it is actually "The BerenstAin Bears".)

For those of you who have been playing Wizard101 for a long time, has anyone dealt with something similar? On a smaller scale, not just things that a bunch of people thought were true. I'll start:

I recently embarrassed myself by asking twice on the forums why the first Oasis beetle in Zeke's Krokotopia quest wasn't registering for me. I walked over it constantly but it didn't complete the quest. Turns out I was walking over the Island of Storms beetle! I first played this game in 2010-11 and I had NO memory whatsoever of the actual first beetle behind one of the shops; I fully believed it was the one on the Island of Storms. Part of me thought this was a recent update, and I was genuinely shocked when I watched a YouTube video from 2011 showing the locations of all the beetles.

My other one was also in Krok. This is more of a case of younger me not being as skilled of a reader, but I always thought it was Ka-rahn Barracks, not Karanahn Barracks. I recently played through with a new character and felt my brain short-circuit when I heard one of the NPCs pronounce it correctly.
So glad you found the other beetle