Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mika Skarka=Too hard?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
I have tried to defeat Mika Skarka in Mooshu multiple times, but have failed miserably. I have critical and block for every class, but they don't seem to work when I want them too. Any ideas?

-Amber Ghosteyes, Level 70 Diviner

Explorer
Jan 18, 2010
lightningbug21 wrote:
I have tried to defeat Mika Skarka in Mooshu multiple times, but have failed miserably. I have critical and block for every class, but they don't seem to work when I want them too. Any ideas?

Same way you beat your level 58 quest :P

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
lightningbug21 wrote:

Hey there, Amber!

I already posted a reply on your other board, as to how to beat him, but I have a few questions for you:

1. what gear are you wearing?

-Waterworks still has the best gear in-game, available from level 60 onward. If you need to farm for it, I'd be happy to help you.

If not, look for gear that gives you:

-universal resistance
-incoming heal boost
-high block rating for all schools, specifically Life.

A pet with Spritely and Spell Proof won't hurt, either.

2. How high is your critical/block rating for each school, specifically for Life damage?

3. Which deck do you have, and how is it set up?

-If you need help with this, see my post on your other board. You /will/ need to use TCs- most of us do, and it's nothing to be ashamed of... I'll admit that, since Avalon was released, I've become a total TC-spammer, and I'm pretty shameless about it. LOL.

-

Mika Skarka is one of the few bosses at this point who /isn't/ overpowered. He doesn't cheat, so the only thing on his side is health... but don't let that number scare you. It's like fighting Malistaire again, except that he is big, green, and only has one minion; you are a Storm wizard, and can probably one-shot him, with the right strategy.

Good luck!

El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong
archmage sorceress

Survivor
Aug 12, 2009
vonawesome1 wrote:
lightningbug21 wrote:

Hey there, Amber!

I already posted a reply on your other board, as to how to beat him, but I have a few questions for you:

-Waterworks still has the best gear in-game, available from level 60 onward. If you need to farm for it, I'd be happy to help you.

-universal resistance
-incoming heal boost

2. How high is your critical/block rating for each school, specifically for Life damage?

-If you need help with this, see my post on your other board. You /will/ need to use TCs- most of us do, and it's nothing to be ashamed of... I'll admit that, since Avalon was released, I've become a total TC-spammer, and I'm pretty shameless about it. LOL.

-

Mika Skarka is one of the few bosses at this point who /isn't/ overpowered. He doesn't cheat, so the only thing on his side is health... but don't let that number scare you. It's like fighting Malistaire again, except that he is big, green, and only has one minion; you are a Storm wizard, and can probably one-shot him, with the right strategy.

Good luck!

El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong
archmage sorceress

Hi Laura Shadowsong,
I have a question as to how to get Spritely on my pet. I've tried for a while to get it on one of my pets, but I never seem to get it. Any advice?
Amber Ghosteyes

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
lightningbug21 wrote:
vonawesome1 wrote:
lightningbug21 wrote:

Hey there, Amber!

-universal resistance
-incoming heal boost

-

Good luck!

El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong
archmage sorceress

Hi Laura Shadowsong,
I have a question as to how to get Spritely on my pet. I've tried for a while to get it on one of my pets, but I never seem to get it. Any advice?
Amber Ghosteyes

Hi Amber,

I know this was a question for Laura, but maybe I can help.
If you tell me what talents you are looking for besides Spritely (or unicorn) and Spell proof and Spell defy, I can hatch with your pet to help.

Joe.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
lightningbug21 wrote:
Hi Laura Shadowsong,
Amber Ghosteyes

Hey again!

Pet talents are innate- in other words, each pet has a specific set of predetermined talents. You can check w101 Wiki to find out whether or not your pet has Spritely as a natural ability- I would assume that you're referring to Zeus, since we talked about him before. Here's the page:

http://wizard101.wikia.com/wiki/Stormzilla_%28Pet%29

Since he doesn't have Spritely as an innate talent, I suggest looking up hybrids that would have it- then, hatch Zeus with a friend whose pet has those abilities. It may take a few tries, but it can be done.

If the pet does have Spritely as a talent, there is no guarantee that he'll get it. That said, you can up your odds by feeding him snacks and playing games that boost strength and power- no guarantees, but it never hurts to try. :)

Good luck!
El Veeb

Survivor
Jun 02, 2009
I am balance and dont know what to do. I am Balance. if anyone has some tips for me i will be thankful for any or all tipes. I have Chiming Blade, Collar of the heck hound, great ape's tooth, hand-chased box of destiny, hunter's kin garb, lion kings balanced pads, loop of the lawful, my judgement pet named lord sam, and my moon cover. My stats are 4,056 health, 590 mana, 48% balance attack boost, 14% resist to myth life and death, 8& resist to fire ice and storm, 111 crit rating for balance, 60 crit rating for everything else, 26 crit block rating for fire ice and storm, 82 for myth, 77 for life and death, 26 for balance, 68% power pips, Healing In:16% Out:20%, and armor piercing 3%. again i will take any advice but i will not use my training points

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
piedog14 wrote:
I am balance and dont know what to do. I am Balance. if anyone has some tips for me i will be thankful for any or all tipes. I have Chiming Blade, Collar of the heck hound, great ape's tooth, hand-chased box of destiny, hunter's kin garb, lion kings balanced pads, loop of the lawful, my judgement pet named lord sam, and my moon cover. My stats are 4,056 health, 590 mana, 48% balance attack boost, 14% resist to myth life and death, 8& resist to fire ice and storm, 111 crit rating for balance, 60 crit rating for everything else, 26 crit block rating for fire ice and storm, 82 for myth, 77 for life and death, 26 for balance, 68% power pips, Healing In:16% Out:20%, and armor piercing 3%. again i will take any advice but i will not use my training points

Hey, Piedog~ since I'm Balance, maybe my strategy will work for you as well.

1. I would upgrade your gear~ Waterworks set gives us sorcerers the best balance (pun intended, lol) of stats in all areas. You may have to give up some health and/or mana, but it's worth it~ I've worn the same gear for 20 levels, and it's worked for me. Here is my gear, and some stats:

Hat/Cloak/Boots of Judgement
Witch's Star necklace
Staff of the Wildgrave
Ancient starfish (with pip o'plenty, Spritely, and Spell Proof)
Claw of the Ghost Wolf (from WT)
Ring of Rare Origins (from Waterworks)

...don't think I missed anything. Anyway, stat time!

Health: 3839
Mana: 420

Damage: +53%
Resistance: 35% universal
Power pip chance: 99%
Armour piercing: +2%
Incoming heals: +45%
Critical: 114 for Balance, 26 for all others.
Crit block: 93 across the board.

If I switch wands, my stats stay the same, except for incoming heal (which goes up to +50%), and crit block (increases to 170 across the board).

2. If you don't have a pet with Spritely or Spell Proof, get one. If you need someone to hatch with, Cookie the Starfish will be happy to try and pass along some of his good luck. ;)

3. If you don't want to spend training points, don't be afraid to use Treasure cards. pack Tower shields, Life shields, Spirit Shields, Shatter, and Steal Ward, along with your other stuff. Treasure, amulet, or pet versions of Balanceblade, Bladestorm, Elemental and Spirit Trap/Blade will stack with your trained ones.

4. Enchant spells wherever possible. If you don't want to spend points on your astral spells (which are well worth it, just sayin'), grab some treasure ones from the Bazaar or the Archivist in Celestia.

5. What's in your deck? If you tell me which one you have, I'll try and help you figure out the best use of those precious spell-slots. ;)

Good luck!

Laura/El Veeb