Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Message Board Moderation & Questions

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Are the message boards still moderated?

There have been a number of posts that seem to me to have violated "the code of conduct" that still make it on to the boards. While many of the major offenses (swearing, private information solicitation) are not appearing (Thanks KI!) some of the other less strict rules do seem to be violated. i.e.
  • posting in the wrong board
  • 'hijacking' a thread (changing the subject)
  • posts requesting player to player item trading of any kind, and guilds/clans are not and will not be a part of Wizard101. Posts about these subjects will not be approved.
  • making duplicate posts
  • posting spoilers
  • misrepresentation by the poster of having 'insider' knowledge
  • misrepresentation by the poster of being a KingsIsle employee

Does KingsIsle just use bots to look for swearing or are they're people that read the posts? I know, previously Prof. Greyrose did a lot with the message boards and that Dworgyn is going to do so for a while now, but do they read them all or are there little helper snowmen/ghosts that help read too?

I've seen a couple of posts in the wrong board. I mean granted sometimes they are kind of a blend of more places than one, but when it's obviously a glitch problem then it shouldn't be in The Dorms etc. (I mean hopefully this is in the right section haha).

Changing the subject, I don't think is a huge issue, but it does happen occasionally.
Clans and player to player trading have been a hot topic the last little while, it blew up one of the Feedback Fridays not too long ago.

Spoilers, what constitutes spoilers? Spoilers for which arc? Or do they mean like insider information like if you had knowledge about Mirage now, (since it's not even on Test Realm yet.)

Misrepresentation of being a KingsIsle employee or having insider information. There are some players that post stuff that say it in a manner like they know for a fact what what is. Or they post like just information that sounds like it was stolen from the update notes or something (and then it's wrong).

Some of these violations of the policy are indeed difficult to police and enforce, others may need to be more strictly enforced in my opinion and some I feel like need to just be updated.

If you click on Rules you can see the Code of Conduct for the message board. If KingsIsle does want to allow posts about clans and guilds then they should update the Code of Conduct, if they do not then they should not allow them. Hopefully KingsIsle can move some of the posts to the appropriate category if they are in the wrong one, elaborate more on some of the more vague rules (again what constitutes a spoiler), stop impostors, and frequent post duplicators, etc.

That's it for my rant for now. Just please either enforce the rules you have or change them to fit with the current standard. Which it is doesn't matter a whole lot to me as long as one of them is done. Thanks all!

Thanks KingsIsle for such great game content and player support!

Cheers,

-exp613

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Thanks exp!

The rules still stand as written and should be followed. Yes, I am training a new moderator to assist me and doing moderation myself. There are no bots.

I'd like to count on you and the other good members of these message boards to help us. If you see something that shouldn't be in a forum or something that appears amiss, please go to the thread and reply with a message similar to "Moderator: This thread is being hijacked, please assist." or simply email us at community@wizard101.com with a link to the thread.

I appreciate everyone's support in maintaining the great community here and watching our backs.