Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

membership

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 29, 2011
hey well i got a card where i could choose between 5000 crowns or 1 month membership and i chose the membership. i know that i can go everywhere with it but i can't go everywhere. i tried grizzleheim but it wouldn't work so i was wondering why i couldn't so yeah. i also couldn't go into bartlebe (i think that is his name), the giant tree, and i couldnt go inside i am kinda frustrated, i paid for the card chose membership yet cant go anywhere so please help

Administrator
Much like reading a chapter book, Wizard101 is sequential game play (before you move to level 2 you must complete level 1).

Even if you have purchased a Membership you must first complete all of the quests in one world to be able to move on to the next. The same thing goes for Access to some of the streets or areas within a world.

For instance, when you've successfully completed the quests for Wizard City you will be given a quest to enter into the next world, Krokotopia. Once you have your own access there, as long as you have a Membership or have purchased the Premium area with Crowns, you will be able to enter that world freely.

community@wizard101.com
Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Professor Greyrose on Dec 25, 2012 wrote:
Much like reading a chapter book, Wizard101 is sequential game play (before you move to level 2 you must complete level 1).

Even if you have purchased a Membership you must first complete all of the quests in one world to be able to move on to the next. The same thing goes for Access to some of the streets or areas within a world.

For instance, when you've successfully completed the quests for Wizard City you will be given a quest to enter into the next world, Krokotopia. Once you have your own access there, as long as you have a Membership or have purchased the Premium area with Crowns, you will be able to enter that world freely.
So we arent allowed into those other worlds if we didnt do the quest to get there. A friend goes through a friend port to get to areas sometimes when trying to help them in battles.
If this is illegal or not allowed please let us know so no one gets into trouble.

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
ellie fireleaf on Dec 25, 2012 wrote:
hey well i got a card where i could choose between 5000 crowns or 1 month membership and i chose the membership. i know that i can go everywhere with it but i can't go everywhere. i tried grizzleheim but it wouldn't work so i was wondering why i couldn't so yeah. i also couldn't go into bartlebe (i think that is his name), the giant tree, and i couldnt go inside i am kinda frustrated, i paid for the card chose membership yet cant go anywhere so please help
If you just started the game, it will probably be a while to reach Grizzleheim, Krok or any other world. In order to go into Bartleby, you have to defeat Lord Nightshade in the Haunted Cave. To get that quest, go visit Merle Ambrose in the commons area! If you defeated Lord Nightshade, Professer Ambrose should give you 2 quests that allow you to enter Colossus Boulevard and Krokotopia. Hoped this helped!

~ Scarlet Cloud Thaumaturge - Lvl 32

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
So we arent allowed into those other worlds if we didnt do the quest to get there. A friend goes through a friend port to get to areas sometimes when trying to help them in battles.
If this is illegal or not allowed please let us know so no one gets into trouble.
Its not illegal to port to someone who is at a different world than you are, but it will be hard to return to that world if you don't have the spiral key to enter.

~ Scaret Cloud Thaumaturge - Lvl 33

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
lastdaysgunslinger on Dec 26, 2012 wrote:
My subs allow me access to all the worlds of the Spiral - many areas in those worlds I will not be able to enter freely. The key words here are right to access them freely.

With out questing to earn the Spiral Key you can not access that world on your own.

Personally I use this access to my advantage when I need things that are not available to me at the current world I am in, such as spell quests, reagents, craft items, Sun school spells when I turn level 50 and so on. We have at least one wizard on each account that has Spiral wide access.

Also I do have other family members that play the game and since my wizards are always above the level for the world they are in since I do all quests and sides I do port to help them.

In the end if you are caught in a world you don't have free access to the KI police aren't going to arrest you, lol. This is no magic fix to the lower level wizards in higher lands causing havoc either but I think you knew that one? Just think of it as another challenge in the game like I do - be prepared for anything.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Northlite on Dec 27, 2012 wrote:
My subs allow me access to all the worlds of the Spiral - many areas in those worlds I will not be able to enter freely. The key words here are right to access them freely.

With out questing to earn the Spiral Key you can not access that world on your own.

Personally I use this access to my advantage when I need things that are not available to me at the current world I am in, such as spell quests, reagents, craft items, Sun school spells when I turn level 50 and so on. We have at least one wizard on each account that has Spiral wide access.

Also I do have other family members that play the game and since my wizards are always above the level for the world they are in since I do all quests and sides I do port to help them.

In the end if you are caught in a world you don't have free access to the KI police aren't going to arrest you, lol. This is no magic fix to the lower level wizards in higher lands causing havoc either but I think you knew that one? Just think of it as another challenge in the game like I do - be prepared for anything.
Yeah i know. Just wanted to hear that from greyrose