Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mega Snack Packs!

1
AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Dear KI,

Now, it has come to my attention, that Mega Snacks are no longer being dropped in WaterWorks...

I am not sure if this has anything to do with Luska and people farming him to get mega snacks, but I am sure it is...

The problem with removing them with drops is, that people will lose interest in the game! Why? Because once you reach legendary, there is not much to do, so farming the waterworks for Mega Snacks and trying to get "The perfect pet" Takes a lot of time, effort, and is in no way a short cut...

Now, you might wonder why Mega Snack Pack sales are down, well, here is why:

1. Great Plants, such as Evil Magma Peas, couch potatos, prickly bears, white tiger lily, Deadly Helephant Ears, etc... All give mega snacks...
It is better to buy a seed and have mega snacks for life, than to buy a pack and only get 240 xp from them... Some plants can even be bought with gold...

2. Farming waterworks, gives Legends something to do and drop mega snacks, or did... Another alternative to getting mega snacks without spending crowns, or it was... Now, with this gone, I feel that a lot of Legends will stop paying and play, until some BIG new World is released, because there is nothing to work for!

So, what to do? Increase what a mega snack pack gives, make it worth buying again, otherwise, the ideal purchase is a evil magma pea!

Or, lower the price of the Mega Snack pack!

Just food for thought!

Please bring mega snacks back to the waterworks, give Legends a reason to stay, pay, and play!

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
4
darthjt wrote:
Dear KI,

Now, it has come to my attention, that Mega Snacks are no longer being dropped in WaterWorks...

I am not sure if this has anything to do with Luska and people farming him to get mega snacks, but I am sure it is...

The problem with removing them with drops is, that people will lose interest in the game! Why? Because once you reach legendary, there is not much to do, so farming the waterworks for Mega Snacks and trying to get "The perfect pet" Takes a lot of time, effort, and is in no way a short cut...

Now, you might wonder why Mega Snack Pack sales are down, well, here is why:

1. Great Plants, such as Evil Magma Peas, couch potatos, prickly bears, white tiger lily, Deadly Helephant Ears, etc... All give mega snacks...
It is better to buy a seed and have mega snacks for life, than to buy a pack and only get 240 xp from them... Some plants can even be bought with gold...

2. Farming waterworks, gives Legends something to do and drop mega snacks, or did... Another alternative to getting mega snacks without spending crowns, or it was... Now, with this gone, I feel that a lot of Legends will stop paying and play, until some BIG new World is released, because there is nothing to work for!

So, what to do? Increase what a mega snack pack gives, make it worth buying again, otherwise, the ideal purchase is a evil magma pea!

Or, lower the price of the Mega Snack pack!

Just food for thought!

Please bring mega snacks back to the waterworks, give Legends a reason to stay, pay, and play!


Agreed, but really wish they would put the 2nd Chance Chest in as well. I would rather pay crowns than keep farming that dungeon.

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
4
darthjt wrote:
Dear KI,

Now, it has come to my attention, that Mega Snacks are no longer being dropped in WaterWorks...

I am not sure if this has anything to do with Luska and people farming him to get mega snacks, but I am sure it is...

The problem with removing them with drops is, that people will lose interest in the game! Why? Because once you reach legendary, there is not much to do, so farming the waterworks for Mega Snacks and trying to get "The perfect pet" Takes a lot of time, effort, and is in no way a short cut...

Now, you might wonder why Mega Snack Pack sales are down, well, here is why:

1. Great Plants, such as Evil Magma Peas, couch potatos, prickly bears, white tiger lily, Deadly Helephant Ears, etc... All give mega snacks...
It is better to buy a seed and have mega snacks for life, than to buy a pack and only get 240 xp from them... Some plants can even be bought with gold...

2. Farming waterworks, gives Legends something to do and drop mega snacks, or did... Another alternative to getting mega snacks without spending crowns, or it was... Now, with this gone, I feel that a lot of Legends will stop paying and play, until some BIG new World is released, because there is nothing to work for!

So, what to do? Increase what a mega snack pack gives, make it worth buying again, otherwise, the ideal purchase is a evil magma pea!

Or, lower the price of the Mega Snack pack!

Just food for thought!

Please bring mega snacks back to the waterworks, give Legends a reason to stay, pay, and play!


I agree with you. I really wish they would put a 2nd Chance Chest in because I really hate farming WW. I would rather pay crowns for my gear because for me after farming for 100 plus times and only getting the hat or a robe for one of my wizards is quite frustrating and it is sooooo boring to farm over and over again.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
712
So it is true? Mega snacks no longer drop in Waterworks?

What is the point of playing then. I refuse to spend 250 crowns for energy refills because I need 50 dozen rank 5-6 snacks to train my pet to epic. Way to go KI. Good job.

My respect for you guys as developers just dropped a good chunk more.

*clears throat. I do hope to be proven wrong within the next couple of replies.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
1309
I did manage to get a mega snack from the final boss in the Waterworks, but none from Luska. I suppose this is from everyone repeatedly farming him for mega snacks without resetting dungeon. You can fix that issue without taking away the mega snack he drops.

The only reason I did waterworks was to get the mega snacks. To have the chance of only getting one mega snack through that entire dungeon is just not worth it. I can get that from my couch potatoes.

Please KI, bring back Luska dropping a mega snack.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Delver
Aug 12, 2009
260
darthjt wrote:
The problem with removing them with drops is, that people will lose interest in the game! Why? Because once you reach legendary, there is not much to do, so farming the waterworks for Mega Snacks and trying to get "The perfect pet" Takes a lot of time, effort, and is in no way a short cut...

2. Farming waterworks, gives Legends something to do and drop mega snacks, or did... Another alternative to getting mega snacks without spending crowns, or it was... Now, with this gone, I feel that a lot of Legends will stop paying and play, until some BIG new World is released, because there is nothing to work for!

Please bring mega snacks back to the waterworks, give Legends a reason to stay, pay, and play!


I have to believe that this was a mistake, like the peg feed bags. I must believe it as it is really the only content I do now.

Maybe I will need to do the helephant tower again to see if they moved the snacks there to encourage people to do the tower.

With six legendary wizards all maxed out, I completely agree with you, there really isn't anything to do but work on pets and help people.


Devin Darksong – lvl 60 Death
Digby Darksong – lvl 60 Life
Duncan Darksong – lvl 60 balance
Dylan Darksong – lvl 60 Storm
Dustan Darksong – lvl 60 Myth
Dolan Darksong – lvl 60 Ice


Explorer
Jan 28, 2009
58
You know I didnt know about the Loophole change realm thing to get right back to Luska. So i started over each time so could kill him get a mega snack after aquiring a few go train. Now they don't drop pfft. I understand thier fixing this glitch as it wasn't intended and announcing it in forum but i did notice they did not announce other changes like no mega snack drops in waterworks. I pay for 3 accounts for my family $21 a month for a game advertised as a free family mmo "lol" free if want to play a teaser. that said to point out KI not very forthcoming when they make a change.

Question is What other change to Boss was made maybe no lvl 60 gear drop no masterful amulets which are super rare drops anyways almost as bad as bosses that supposedly drop pets.

2nd Would it be better to just cancel my family's accounts and find a new game since we each have a lvl 60 wizard and there is now nothing left to do in game.

I realize this a moderated post therefor will never be posted because anyone asking or hinting anything negative in a post will just be tossed.

But if moderator would be so kind to send me a message regarding if its best to just cancel our accounts since the $ i pay a month isnt as important as crown sales are. Seriously not those of us who are honests fault that you dropped the ball peogramming and people took advantage now your going to punish everyone, which would take this from a family game to a Childish one.

Thank you

Adherent
May 20, 2010
2902
Champion
May 03, 2011
447
Moving along, past the sniping on this thread--I haven't done Waterworks, but I do garden a lot. And I have never gotten a mega-snack from any of the aforementioned plants. I have gotten lots of lower-ranked snacks, but no megas. So I don't think that's a viable option for people who find pet training to be, well, shall we say, mind-numbingly tedious without the occasional mega-snack boost to move their pets forward.

In general, my feeling is that there are lots of people who have maxed out their characters and keep coming back because they love this game. (They can't afford two subs, and shouldn't have to). It seems to me that the Waterworks drops were one way that KI could keep rewarding these players for their devotion to the game. A cheap and easy way. Many of these players are also super-helpful to others, always willing to drop what they're doing and lend a hand. They deserve more from the game than they are getting, I think. And I say this as someone who only has one level-60 character. And yes, the mega snack packs in the crown shop are too expensive. I have no problem spending crowns, but these are way overpriced vis a vis other packs. Ethically, it seems only fair that they should either lower the price or keep the snack drops.

But overall I wish that KI would develop more meaningful content for these high-level, loyal players. They have earned it.

Tabitha

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
2720
So I guess I'm confused...

I thought the realm changing fix was to prevent the Luska exploit, but they also removed mega snacks from him too?

I don't know about the rest of you, but it takes me a good hour or so from the start of Waterworks to finishing the fight with Luska. While much better than going to Sylvester, still not something I would consider an easy farm by any means.

Survivor
Mar 26, 2011
6
I agree. This is a very bad idea. Leveling pet is not easy, getting to teen and adult is easy. But to ancient and epic takes a whole lot of time. And I AM JUST SPEECHLESS- completely speechless. I'm going to have to say that I will be quitting. Was nice while it last. But there isn't any much offer to legendary anymore- No wonder so many people quit. Kingsisle, want my advice? Bring back new and improve challenge for legendary, NOT low levels-already have too much of that!

-Signing out completely. Good BYE.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
121
What?!?! They stopped dropping Mega Snacks in Waterworks!!!

Well I really dont like that. They should put it back in as a drop! There was nothing wrong with farming Luska, or is KI just doing this because they need money.......

:D~KSB

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
235
Dear KI,
I do hope that you listen to the plea of your legendary audience. There are those out there that have all available wizards at legendary status already. They've bonded with those wizards and don't want to delete them and start a new one over, and they don't have the funds to start another account. So what are their options while they patiently wait for new content to be released? Well there is PVP, gardening, hatching and training new pets, crafting, housing decoration, helping others in the game, and farming for gear or items. Sounds like a lot doesn't it? But let's take a closer look at the time spent on these and the need for membership in relation to them. (Forgive the dissertation please.)

1. PVP - With the thousands of complaints on this subject I'm surprised people still PVP at all. I occasionally get that bug to give it a try, but the rudeness and imbalance in the matching system means I PVP a round or two and then wait another month or so before I try again. I'm not going to spend hours there to have my legendary pummel some low-level warlord. (Not saying he can't beat me, just hasn't happened yet.) And my patience with rudeness is very limited. This is in a free area although it cost crowns to duel unless you have a membership. So keep a membership just to PVP? Not likely, so scratch PVP.

2. Gardening - Nearly all my wizards are grandmaster gardeners. Takes me less than an hour a day to garden. It would be about 15 minutes a day except I log my harvests. So, no not going to spend a lot of time here either. This is a free area, I can do this with or without a membership.

3. Hatching and training pets - This does take a bit of time mainly with the pet training. Many of us love our pets. We love the variety of pets, and how they help us in our quests or PVP or just to be able to say I have one of those. Many seek the “perfect pet” with specific talents to meet their in game goals. Hatching only takes no time unless you need gold. So let's look at pet training. We all know what a painful boring process this is, only lightened by the expedient of mega snacks. Even if each of my wizards trained a pet everyday at most, I would spend an hour in training time before I ran out of energy to train. I have some patience, so I don’t feel the need to buy energy elixirs to keep training repeatedly. This is a free area. I can hatch and train as much or as little as I like without a membership.

4. Crafting – Sure crafting can take a while gathering all the reagents, waiting for cool-down times, or parking at the bazaar to buy your reagents. People either enjoy it or they don’t. Many only do it when they have to in order to get specific gear or need the training point from the one crafting quest. Up until Celestia and Wintertusk, the crafting of gear didn’t provide any real benefits so there was no need to do more than what was required for the crafting quests themselves. It was just another badge to win for the collection. I tend to craft when I have a specific purpose for something – crafting a house, decorations for the house, or gear. I tend to do this on occasions when my friends aren’t online. So again, not something I will spend huge amounts of time consistently on. If you gather reagents or buy recipes you will need access to other areas through purchase of the area or membership but there is no driving push to renew a membership just to craft.

5. Housing decoration - This is again one of those things people either like or they don’t. If they like it, they may spend a lot of time on it at first, but once the house is decorated, why go back and do it again? You don’t see people spending hours a day consistently on this. Again, this is a free area, so unless I need to go to other areas to get items for decoration, no need to have a membership.

6. Helping others in the game - For a legendary wizard this is the most worthy thing they can do in the game. I often help my children with their younger wizards. I help my friends with specific tasks and goals that they have. However most of my friends have already become legendary as well, so there are limits to what they need. On occasion, I will help a total stranger in the game. So other than helping my children, I can’t say I spend a lot of time doing this consistently. If you are legendary, it is generally expected that you can go anywhere. If you bought the area, great, help as much or as little as you feel like. But if you’ve let your membership lapse while waiting on new content, people will always understand that as a reason why you can’t take them somewhere or help them with something.

7. Farming for gear and items - Ah yes, farming…the infamous drops of those special pets, gear, or housing items and… dare I say it…mega snacks. As a general rule I hate farming. Reminds me too much of those extremely boring and painful “collect x number of items” quests. Sure I go in spurts where I may farm a boss for a particular item or farm mobs just to get enough enemies to complete a badge. But spend hours a day, every day farming? Not going to happen. Well maybe. Once I did. Yep, I would spend hours a day farming Waterworks for those 2 guaranteed mega snacks. Why? They were a guaranteed reward, one that I had a good use for. I have all my gear and some mastery amulets. But farming for the mastery amulets to me is like farming for pets or any other item. You are lucky that round or you aren’t. It’s a gamble, worth spending a little time on every now and then, but I’m not going to go overboard just to get it. So keep a membership just so I can farm for a CHANCE at a mastery amulet? Nope, there has to be another reason for maintaining the membership, a guaranteed draw.

Enter the Mega snacks - the light at the end of the tunnel for pet trainers. Pets and pet training seems to be the one consistent thing that most legendaries do. It is the one thing that keeps so many coming back to the game everyday, even if just for a little while. So where do we get our mega snacks? Thankfully, from gardens. I'm not opposed to spending crowns to get plants that give me a consistent, guaranteed and renewable source of mega snacks. I continue to buy them as my funds allow and I've got a long way to go yet to get as many as I would like. They are an investment into my future in the game. I supplement with the non crowns plants too, although they don’t guarantee drops.

Mega snack packs you say? Sorry no. I have on rare occasions bought them but only if I knew for sure what talents my pet was getting with those costly mega snack packs. I’m not throwing real money out the window just hoping a pet will turn out good. Mega Snack Packs are there for the less patient, those not willing to put in the time to garden. For me, it isn’t quite so painful to use up mega snacks if I’ve got that renewable source of snacks from my gardens. Sure I might get a failed pet, but there are more snacks coming to try again, so while disappointing I don’t feel like I’ve wasted my money.

And then there is farming the bosses in the legendary towers for snacks. While time consuming, this was still a viable option for getting snacks, especially while waiting for an elder harvest from my Evil Magma Peas. Spending a few hours a day farming with a good team of friends was beneficial and enjoyable with good conversation going on. Conversations that often led us off to other areas of the game that needed purchasing the area or a membership to access. Oddly enough, it was worth the time spent even for just 2 mega snacks a round. But now? No not now. Seems the snacks have become random, no longer guaranteed. Why bother farming there now just for a chance. I can wait patiently for my peas now. I can chat with my friends if they happen to be online, all without maintaining my membership. But why bother being online once I have done my gardens and a little training, especially if I’ve completed all the questing? The incentive to be there as an active legendary is gone.

KI, by all means, fix the shortcuts to your system. But don’t take away those guaranteed rewards that keep us legendaries coming back, that keep us paying to play. Your mega snack pack sales may have dropped from the farming going on and a lot by the gardening, but you have so many other revenue options available. The Dragon Hoard packs, Hand of Doom packs, and Wyvern packs have been great sellers for you and I’m sure you have more in the works. You have great new crowns mounts and crowns pets. And let’s don’t forget those great housing bundles, I know you must be planning more like the Massive Fantasy Palace and the Sultan’s Palace. Drop the price a bit on your Mega Snack packs if you want to see more sales on those. Add more crowns plants with guaranteed mega snacks. But please put the guaranteed 2 mega snacks back in the Waterworks and add them to the Tower of Helephant. Without that, legendaries may spend at best 30 minutes a day online in only free areas to garden or train pets. Maybe they will PVP. It’s not long after they realize that they aren’t spending much time there when they will start to question why they are paying for membership.

Defender
Jan 28, 2010
132
Yes I agree!!!!!! I was very upset when I found this out even more up set when I found out I was farming waterworks for no reason. I always did the whole thing because I knew I would get 2 megasnacks well worth it for me. So when I didnt get the life mastery amulet at least I got those snacks. But now no mastery amulets and only one mega snack.

I am very disapointed in KI. I really hope they having something they are working on that makes up for it. Or that they are working to put it back the way it was without whatever glitch these people where doing. I am still not clear on what that was. I would like to say that I still refuse to buy mega snack packs and the mastery amulet. I refuse to pay that much real life money on a game item I wont care about in a few years and compleatly forget about even more years down the road.

Explorer
May 12, 2010
77
Aritako wrote:
Dear KI,
I do hope that you listen to the plea of your legendary audience. There are those out there that have all available wizards at legendary status already. They've bonded with those wizards and don't want to delete them and start a new one over, and they don't have the funds to start another account. So what are their options while they patiently wait for new content to be released? Well there is PVP, gardening, hatching and training new pets, crafting, housing decoration, helping others in the game, and farming for gear or items. Sounds like a lot doesn't it? But let's take a closer look at the time spent on these and the need for membership in relation to them. (Forgive the dissertation please.)

1. PVP - With the thousands of complaints on this subject I'm surprised people still PVP at all. I occasionally get that bug to give it a try, but the rudeness and imbalance in the matching system means I PVP a round or two and then wait another month or so before I try again. I'm not going to spend hours there to have my legendary pummel some low-level warlord. (Not saying he can't beat me, just hasn't happened yet.) And my patience with rudeness is very limited. This is in a free area although it cost crowns to duel unless you have a membership. So keep a membership just to PVP? Not likely, so scratch PVP.

2. Gardening - Nearly all my wizards are grandmaster gardeners. Takes me less than an hour a day to garden. It would be about 15 minutes a day except I log my harvests. So, no not going to spend a lot of time here either. This is a free area, I can do this with or without a membership.

3. Hatching and training pets - This does take a bit of time mainly with the pet training. Many of us love our pets. We love the variety of pets, and how they help us in our quests or PVP or just to be able to say I have one of those. Many seek the “perfect pet” with specific talents to meet their in game goals. Hatching only takes no time unless you need gold. So let's look at pet training. We all know what a painful boring process this is, only lightened by the expedient of mega snacks. Even if each of my wizards trained a pet everyday at most, I would spend an hour in training time before I ran out of energy to train. I have some patience, so I don’t feel the need to buy energy elixirs to keep training repeatedly. This is a free area. I can hatch and train as much or as little as I like without a membership.

4. Crafting – Sure crafting can take a while gathering all the reagents, waiting for cool-down times, or parking at the bazaar to buy your reagents. People either enjoy it or they don’t. Many only do it when they have to in order to get specific gear or need the training point from the one crafting quest. Up until Celestia and Wintertusk, the crafting of gear didn’t provide any real benefits so there was no need to do more than what was required for the crafting quests themselves. It was just another badge to win for the collection. I tend to craft when I have a specific purpose for something – crafting a house, decorations for the house, or gear. I tend to do this on occasions when my friends aren’t online. So again, not something I will spend huge amounts of time consistently on. If you gather reagents or buy recipes you will need access to other areas through purchase of the area or membership but there is no driving push to renew a membership just to craft.

5. Housing decoration - This is again one of those things people either like or they don’t. If they like it, they may spend a lot of time on it at first, but once the house is decorated, why go back and do it again? You don’t see people spending hours a day consistently on this. Again, this is a free area, so unless I need to go to other areas to get items for decoration, no need to have a membership.

6. Helping others in the game - For a legendary wizard this is the most worthy thing they can do in the game. I often help my children with their younger wizards. I help my friends with specific tasks and goals that they have. However most of my friends have already become legendary as well, so there are limits to what they need. On occasion, I will help a total stranger in the game. So other than helping my children, I can’t say I spend a lot of time doing this consistently. If you are legendary, it is generally expected that you can go anywhere. If you bought the area, great, help as much or as little as you feel like. But if you’ve let your membership lapse while waiting on new content, people will always understand that as a reason why you can’t take them somewhere or help them with something.

7. Farming for gear and items - Ah yes, farming…the infamous drops of those special pets, gear, or housing items and… dare I say it…mega snacks. As a general rule I hate farming. Reminds me too much of those extremely boring and painful “collect x number of items” quests. Sure I go in spurts where I may farm a boss for a particular item or farm mobs just to get enough enemies to complete a badge. But spend hours a day, every day farming? Not going to happen. Well maybe. Once I did. Yep, I would spend hours a day farming Waterworks for those 2 guaranteed mega snacks. Why? They were a guaranteed reward, one that I had a good use for. I have all my gear and some mastery amulets. But farming for the mastery amulets to me is like farming for pets or any other item. You are lucky that round or you aren’t. It’s a gamble, worth spending a little time on every now and then, but I’m not going to go overboard just to get it. So keep a membership just so I can farm for a CHANCE at a mastery amulet? Nope, there has to be another reason for maintaining the membership, a guaranteed draw.

Enter the Mega snacks - the light at the end of the tunnel for pet trainers. Pets and pet training seems to be the one consistent thing that most legendaries do. It is the one thing that keeps so many coming back to the game everyday, even if just for a little while. So where do we get our mega snacks? Thankfully, from gardens. I'm not opposed to spending crowns to get plants that give me a consistent, guaranteed and renewable source of mega snacks. I continue to buy them as my funds allow and I've got a long way to go yet to get as many as I would like. They are an investment into my future in the game. I supplement with the non crowns plants too, although they don’t guarantee drops.

Mega snack packs you say? Sorry no. I have on rare occasions bought them but only if I knew for sure what talents my pet was getting with those costly mega snack packs. I’m not throwing real money out the window just hoping a pet will turn out good. Mega Snack Packs are there for the less patient, those not willing to put in the time to garden. For me, it isn’t quite so painful to use up mega snacks if I’ve got that renewable source of snacks from my gardens. Sure I might get a failed pet, but there are more snacks coming to try again, so while disappointing I don’t feel like I’ve wasted my money.

And then there is farming the bosses in the legendary towers for snacks. While time consuming, this was still a viable option for getting snacks, especially while waiting for an elder harvest from my Evil Magma Peas. Spending a few hours a day farming with a good team of friends was beneficial and enjoyable with good conversation going on. Conversations that often led us off to other areas of the game that needed purchasing the area or a membership to access. Oddly enough, it was worth the time spent even for just 2 mega snacks a round. But now? No not now. Seems the snacks have become random, no longer guaranteed. Why bother farming there now just for a chance. I can wait patiently for my peas now. I can chat with my friends if they happen to be online, all without maintaining my membership. But why bother being online once I have done my gardens and a little training, especially if I’ve completed all the questing? The incentive to be there as an active legendary is gone.

KI, by all means, fix the shortcuts to your system. But don’t take away those guaranteed rewards that keep us legendaries coming back, that keep us paying to play. Your mega snack pack sales may have dropped from the farming going on and a lot by the gardening, but you have so many other revenue options available. The Dragon Hoard packs, Hand of Doom packs, and Wyvern packs have been great sellers for you and I’m sure you have more in the works. You have great new crowns mounts and crowns pets. And let’s don’t forget those great housing bundles, I know you must be planning more like the Massive Fantasy Palace and the Sultan’s Palace. Drop the price a bit on your Mega Snack packs if you want to see more sales on those. Add more crowns plants with guaranteed mega snacks. But please put the guaranteed 2 mega snacks back in the Waterworks and add them to the Tower of Helephant. Without that, legendaries may spend at best 30 minutes a day online in only free areas to garden or train pets. Maybe they will PVP. It’s not long after they realize that they aren’t spending much time there when they will start to question why they are paying for membership.


Excellent Post, I couldn't agree more!

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
235
Thanks Rosemary!

I can already see the truth of this post. I spent some time this weekend getting my Legendaries through Pigswick to do the Helephant Tower. You know what I discovered? There were no lines waiting at the Helephant Tower. There were no mobs of Legendaries hustling to get in. The reason why? I suspect the lack of good drops in relation to the time spent is the culprit. You get your athame and ring and you are done there. There is no guaranteed mega snack to draw people back to the tower. These types of towers need that guaranteed reward at each major boss to keep people coming back. Otherwise, they get the gear, the badge, and they are done.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2009
61
I have to fully agree with Aritako. He made some very excellant observations.

I haven't completely finished the game with several of my legends but most aren't far from it(mostly from not knowing enough people to help in those harder areas).

I garden, pet train, don't do PVP(sorry but can't stand it). But after awhile all of those get boring especially the pet training. I can only stand so long playing those games.

I think you've done a fantastic job on what's been added to the game KI, but there has to be more for lengends to do while we're waiting on new content and the chance to level again.

I too have found myself avoiding the game lately and finding other things to do.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Well, I must admit, this will fix a great many of Wizard101's problems...

1. Legendaries have nothing to do, so they wont be online long anymore, so the servers wont have much to do and should free up and make things run a lot smoother!

2. People complained all the time, about how overcrowded the WaterWorks Sigils were, but now, who wants to do waterworks once you have your gear? Anyone? *Cricket*

3. Tower of the Helephant is great to do once, just to get your badge, but the Legendary Ring and Athame are not really all that good, the crafted ones are just as good, if not better! This tower, also, does not offer any good incentives to complete it... No mega snacks, no good drops... Oh a 1 in a zillion chance at a Mastery Amulet, but you can get that at Waterworks with a much easier time!

4. Less people hatching pets, less pet training, less gold being spent, less everything... Yeah, great for the new players, but thanks for keeping your dedicated and faithful players in mind on this one... Thanks for giving us Nothing to do anymore...

I am sure a lot of Legendaries feel the same way... Now, if KI does not do something fast, release new worlds, or fix the drops in Waterworks and Tower of the Helephant, I am sure that many will find something to do to occupy our time... Then, the real challenge begins for KI... How to get us back after something else decides to grab our attention, especially after KI decided that their pride and money over a few Mega snacks were more important to them than their customer base and keeping their players happy!

Survivor
Nov 09, 2010
6
darthjt wrote:
Well, I must admit, this will fix a great many of Wizard101's problems...

1. Legendaries have nothing to do, so they wont be online long anymore, so the servers wont have much to do and should free up and make things run a lot smoother!

2. People complained all the time, about how overcrowded the WaterWorks Sigils were, but now, who wants to do waterworks once you have your gear? Anyone? *Cricket*

3. Tower of the Helephant is great to do once, just to get your badge, but the Legendary Ring and Athame are not really all that good, the crafted ones are just as good, if not better! This tower, also, does not offer any good incentives to complete it... No mega snacks, no good drops... Oh a 1 in a zillion chance at a Mastery Amulet, but you can get that at Waterworks with a much easier time!

4. Less people hatching pets, less pet training, less gold being spent, less everything... Yeah, great for the new players, but thanks for keeping your dedicated and faithful players in mind on this one... Thanks for giving us Nothing to do anymore...

I am sure a lot of Legendaries feel the same way... Now, if KI does not do something fast, release new worlds, or fix the drops in Waterworks and Tower of the Helephant, I am sure that many will find something to do to occupy our time... Then, the real challenge begins for KI... How to get us back after something else decides to grab our attention, especially after KI decided that their pride and money over a few Mega snacks were more important to them than their customer base and keeping their players happy!


Yep I totally agree and after last night's maintenance things aren't really any better, they might have let Luska drop again but at what rate? And they have nerfed Syl's rate also. So still not worth doing WW. For me I will stick to my plan and where I was doing both farming and buying Mega's from the crown shop, I won't be doing either so they have actually lost revenue from me and not gained. I also won't be buying any more crowns because I'm getting bored with the game now. I still have a couple of wiz to level up but I get sick of doing the quests and need a break, that is where ww was great. O well, it's a shame but there are other games out there.

Survivor
May 14, 2009
12
I am in complete agreement. I have been playing for quite some time and once my legendary characters won/win their level 60 gear, there's nothing left to do in the game but go through waterworks over and over again, in an attempt to win mastery amulets BUT with the guarantee that your time isn't being wasted and you will receive two mega snacks for pet training.
If KI has a problem with people farming waterworks (shouldn't be a problem, since just about any other boss is farmed) then they should deal with that problem by correcting code or whatever they need to do to stop the farming. Waterworks just isn't worth the time, effort, or energy (or, I guess, treasure cards-if you use them) to POSSIBLY win a mastery amulet and only one mega snack. I mean, on a good run the dungeon still takes over an hour. Too long for one snack.
I found it impossible to NOT notice that the number of people waiting to get into waterworks was lessened by more than half, and that most of the people wanting to get in were going because they didn't have their gear.
Usually I like the updates made to the game, but this was a bonehead move. If ya'll don't fix it a lot of the people who have been with W101 for a long time will leave due to a loss of interest in the game.
Just read the posts here, KI. Sounds to me like the clientele that keeps you in business won't be around for long.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
Well, I know3 people now, that wont be renewing their subscriptions...

1. She has 3 accounts, 1 for her and 2 for her children...
2. She has 4 accounts, 1 for her, 2 for her kids, and 1 for them to share...
3. He has 2 accounts...

They are all trying to get me to do the same... I also have 2 accounts...

Now, I know this is a minor setback to KI, but this is just out of the people I know, so I am sure that a lot more out there are upset over this...

It is the way KI has responded to us as customers, the childish retaliation... The neglect to even comment or respond...

In my opinion, they are teaching our kids bad examples that I don't want my kid taught, or to think is acceptable... I just renewed my monthly membership a week ago, so, I have one month to see if KI gives us an official response, or makes any changes to decide...

I am sure a lot of parents and players feel the same way... We are the reason this game is popular, without your customers, you would not have a business... To disrespect your customers and not offer any explanations and treat us all like children, when we pay your salary, is unacceptable...

Now, there is nothing keeping Legends in the game, nothing left for them to do, no interest... So, why keep paying?

Waterworks used to give 2 mega snacks everytime through, guaranteed...

Now, you are lucky if you get even 1... and many that have gone through, have not gotten any mega snacks...

The Wysteria addition only takes 4 hours to complete... Gardening and Pet training are Free... You have a better chance at getting mega snacks from prickly bears than you do in the waterworks...

Survivor
Apr 14, 2010
28
shiarie wrote:
darthjt wrote:
Dear KI,

Now, it has come to my attention, that Mega Snacks are no longer being dropped in WaterWorks...

I am not sure if this has anything to do with Luska and people farming him to get mega snacks, but I am sure it is...

The problem with removing them with drops is, that people will lose interest in the game! Why? Because once you reach legendary, there is not much to do, so farming the waterworks for Mega Snacks and trying to get "The perfect pet" Takes a lot of time, effort, and is in no way a short cut...

Now, you might wonder why Mega Snack Pack sales are down, well, here is why:

1. Great Plants, such as Evil Magma Peas, couch potatos, prickly bears, white tiger lily, Deadly Helephant Ears, etc... All give mega snacks...
It is better to buy a seed and have mega snacks for life, than to buy a pack and only get 240 xp from them... Some plants can even be bought with gold...

2. Farming waterworks, gives Legends something to do and drop mega snacks, or did... Another alternative to getting mega snacks without spending crowns, or it was... Now, with this gone, I feel that a lot of Legends will stop paying and play, until some BIG new World is released, because there is nothing to work for!

So, what to do? Increase what a mega snack pack gives, make it worth buying again, otherwise, the ideal purchase is a evil magma pea!

Or, lower the price of the Mega Snack pack!

Just food for thought!

Please bring mega snacks back to the waterworks, give Legends a reason to stay, pay, and play!


Agreed, but really wish they would put the 2nd Chance Chest in as well. I would rather pay crowns than keep farming that dungeon.


dude in order to get to the chest you need to go through the dungeon anyway

Defender
May 30, 2009
157
What I'm curious about is what you people did BEFORE they added mega snacks as a drop??? There are alternative ways of obtaining mega snacks in game besides farming a boss for them. And so what if you don't garden, there are even snacks out there that will give around 12 points per game and that's without the pet even "liking" the snack.

Cry me a river here. Either pay for the snacks, search for what your pet "likes/loves", garden, craft snacks, continue farming, or get over it.

Geez, if taking mega snacks away from a boss drop is cause for some people to threaten to quit then there is probably more going on here than meets the eye. It sounds to me like a child saying if you don't give me what I want then I'm going to pitch a fit and kick and scream till you give in.

I pay for my sub each month (4 at one point, currently paying for 2). I garden the FREE prickly bear cactus plants on ALL 6 of my wizards. When I have a little extra to buy crowns I purchase a few evil magma peas for the larger snacks. And occasionally when a friend needs help or I need the gold, I run waterworks. Guess what, I have had over 90 mega snacks in the shared bank at one time and I use them wisely. None of which I paid for other than the peas.

Other than the monthly sub, you don't have to purchase anything to play the game or to even enjoy it. It's just the little extras are an added bonus. Obtaining mega snacks from continuously running a dungeon was another bonus they gave us. I can't say I was overjoyed when I found out they were removed and then put back in with a lower drop rate but I never got so upset that I thought about quitting the game.

Either you enjoy spending time doing some of the other features in this game or you don't. But please stop with all the threatening over quitting the game. Frankly I think it's a childish response and no wonder they haven't "officially" responded to it. They have already addressed the outcry from the public by putting them back in as a drop but with a lower rate. What more do you think needs to be done here?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
2080
asutton75 wrote:
What I'm curious about is what you people did BEFORE they added mega snacks as a drop??? There are alternative ways of obtaining mega snacks in game besides farming a boss for them. And so what if you don't garden, there are even snacks out there that will give around 12 points per game and that's without the pet even "liking" the snack.

Cry me a river here. Either pay for the snacks, search for what your pet "likes/loves", garden, craft snacks, continue farming, or get over it.

Geez, if taking mega snacks away from a boss drop is cause for some people to threaten to quit then there is probably more going on here than meets the eye. It sounds to me like a child saying if you don't give me what I want then I'm going to pitch a fit and kick and scream till you give in.

I pay for my sub each month (4 at one point, currently paying for 2). I garden the FREE prickly bear cactus plants on ALL 6 of my wizards. When I have a little extra to buy crowns I purchase a few evil magma peas for the larger snacks. And occasionally when a friend needs help or I need the gold, I run waterworks. Guess what, I have had over 90 mega snacks in the shared bank at one time and I use them wisely. None of which I paid for other than the peas.

Other than the monthly sub, you don't have to purchase anything to play the game or to even enjoy it. It's just the little extras are an added bonus. Obtaining mega snacks from continuously running a dungeon was another bonus they gave us. I can't say I was overjoyed when I found out they were removed and then put back in with a lower drop rate but I never got so upset that I thought about quitting the game.

Either you enjoy spending time doing some of the other features in this game or you don't. But please stop with all the threatening over quitting the game. Frankly I think it's a childish response and no wonder they haven't "officially" responded to it. They have already addressed the outcry from the public by putting them back in as a drop but with a lower rate. What more do you think needs to be done here?


You know, I am glad you asked that question... Let me fill you in, give you a clue...

Before:

Before the release of Celestia...

Before Celestia was released, you could buy mega snacks at the bazaar... Cost was 3000 gold for Rank 9 snacks, less for rank 8...

So, what would you do? You would farm the Ravens, over and over and over again, to get gold... You would then, sell everything and get as much gold as you could... Then, on the weekends, you would farm the Bazaar for Mega Snacks...

After Celestia was released, you had new content and a new level cap, giving all your wizards something "New" to do!

Then came Gardening, which was great, it gave new ways to get Mega Snacks, however, at the same token, there was an exploit in gardening, that allowed the gardener, to put the plant in the air, then, when that plant reached elder, you had unlimited harvests, getting unlimited gold and mega snacks... Now, these people were banned, rightfully so, because that is stealing...

However, because of the actions of a few, they punished everyone and took Mega Snacks to being "No Auction" Fine, I can live with that...

So, we still have plants, new areas, and something to do...

Then, the greatest release of all Time: Wintertusk...

Not only did this give you something "New" to do, not only did this give you new spells and new pets, this gave a new dungeon...

Waterworks is that dungeon, with a chance at getting Legendary gear, and a guaranteed 2 mega snacks... Well worth doing over and over and over again...

So, once all of your characters reach Legendary, once they have all their gear, what do you do? You try to get your perfect pet...

You are not the only one, that has Evil Magma Peas and Prickly Bear Cactus...
Some of us have been in the game long enough to know about these and have spread the word about them, increasing the sales...

I alone, have helped sell around 100 Evil Magma Peas, in other words, I talked my friends into buying them.. At no commision to myself...

Now, gardening does not take that much time... The new Wysteria takes only 4 hours to do... Helephant tower is great to do once, but has no rewards and the Ring and Athame are not better than the crafted...

So, what is a Legendary to do? Well, before, it was to keep farming Waterworks, at least there, you got a guaranteed reward that made it well worth doing over and over again...

Now, the glitch to farm Luska over and over! Was that considered "stealing"? Well, unlike the gardening issue, where you could walk up to your plant and just keep pressing x to get these mega snacks, with luska, you still had to go into the tower, do the clams all over again, and fight luska... Luska is not exactly the hardest boss, but he is not the easiest either and he does cheat... 10 minute fight for 1 mega snack, more time if team does not work together...

So, you are still earning that 1 mega snack, just passing 2 mob battles, which only take minutes to do...

So, once again, we are all punished... Then, KI makes a remark about Luska figuring out we were taking his items, so he has hid them better... Maybe in time, he will bring them out again...

Then, with all the complaints, what happens? KI makes it to where Luska drops his items again, but at a very low rate... And! The final battle against sly, they changed his drop rate... There is no longer a 1 mega snack guarantee there either... That drop rate has seriously been reduced also..

Now, before, you always had something to do... Some goal to work for...

What is there now?

Gardening? Free
Pet Training? Free

Don't need to farm for gold, with gardening, as a gardener, you should know how much gold you can get from prickly bears and evil magma peas...

So, don't tell people what they should or shouldn't do... It is our choice... I have been stating the facts! Which is something I have always done... I may not always be the popular voice, because sometimes the truth is hard to swallow...

However, when you make serious changes, that effect you Devoted long time players, you should give a reasonable and good explanation...

Not disrespect us and then make it even worse for voicing our opinion...

The change to WildBolt also had a lot of protest.... However, eventually, KI finally did respond... This had a great impact and settled the issue and calmed things down... They explained the actions and justified the change...

Now, if KI can learn and do the same again, that would be great, but I can't see them making a rational explanation on this one...

You call us childish for expressing our feelings and considering leaving the game, but what game is to come back to? Everything is completed...

Who is more childish? Us? Or KI for making changes and not responding to us with maturity? In the Minor Updates post, when KI fixed the Luska glitch, it said they would fix the glitch, did it say anything about taking the drops away? During maintenance, it said they were going to fix the drop rate of Luska and make changes to him and sly...

Lot of recommendations were made... No update notes or posting said that they were going to make the mega snacks drops and completely random with low drop rates...

It is the point of the matter at hand... If you had children, you might understand... What are we teaching our kids?

Defender
Jun 14, 2010
158
asutton75 wrote:
What I'm curious about is what you people did BEFORE they added mega snacks as a drop???


I was about to jump on the 'I'm so mad at KI' band wagon too, but then I read your post and you do make a very valid point.

I feel that darthjt, as well as others, have also made great points too explaining why they are upset.

Now I feel stuck in the middle of this issue.
On one hand, I completely understand the frustration from players, as taking away the megas does in fact feel like a money grab. But I also agree with asutton, when he points out that we all survived just fine before that nice treat was offered for free.

I guess people are just dissapointed, that's all.
We are all here because we love this game. No one actually WANTS to cancel their sub. So although it may seem childish to say 'we quit', sometimes the only way to get a company to hear you, is to hit them where it hurts most - their bank account.
With that said, I dont agree that it's childish at all. It's a normal response from customers to act towards a company.

There's TONS of other MMO's out there just competing for our money and time. If someone is unhappy they should absolutely leave in persuit of other entertainment.


1