Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Meaning of the name "ambrose"

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 01, 2009
I found this tidbit while doing a bit of research this morning. It was just a bit I accidently stumbled upon and thought I would share. The name "Ambrose" is of Greek origin and means "immortal"....just thougt I would pass that along....apparently someone at KI did some research or their own and put some thought into the character names.

Geographer
Feb 14, 2009
(not to make fun of ambrose) Well you had to figure this. He DOES look to be in 100-150 or so. and he is in too good of a shape to be like well for his appearing age. And sense he is a wizard the most excersie(spelt wrong sry) is moving arms to casts spells.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Well, that kind of makes sense. Merle has been around since the time of King Aurther. That was way back when, he would of been dead by now if he wasn't immortal.

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
You're assuming of course that Merle is Merlin and that time works the same way in The Spiral as on Earth.

However, Merlin's full name is Merlin Ambrosius, at least according to Mary Stewart. Hmmmm....