Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mean Grandmasters!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 27, 2010
18
Igloogirl3 wrote:
dragonSSO wrote:
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
dragonSSO wrote:
I think the grandmaster people who call younger wizards noobs are the real noobs, the people who do that were all beginner wizards at one time, so really, if they think younger wizards are noobs, they were once noobs too. if i ever see strong wizards call newer wizards noobs, i will stand up for the newer wizards, and whoever see's this message should do the same. there are some wizards that are noobs but they do rude things, the actuall noobs on wizard 101 are not the newer wizards but they are the wizards who call other people noobs, flee from battles for no good reason, refuse to help anyone they see, even there friends (every wizard does that from time to time, its bad when they never help people but get mad when someone wont help them). i feel bad for anyone whos been called a noob. i have two wizards one new one and one grandmaster, so anyone who calls me a noob or other people a noob, say it to my grandmaster. i will fight you in my house cause i have that feature, and i wont show mercy.

i hope this has been helpful, please reply whatever you have to say, and if you want to be my friend( i'm like always online so i am very reliable), look for mark thunderheart(riding a blue dragon) or aaron dragonsong(might be riding a gryphon) and if my list is full when you ask just say the words, dragons are awesome, or if you dont have open chat just say "i like your pet" two times then say "your welcome", and if you want to know where i will be, i will wait five minutes at three o'clock p.m central(if i am online which i usually am), ill be in the life school and in the realm wu so if you want to be my friend, follow these instructions, also, tell me the names of wizards(in a reply) that call you a noob and if i see them ill give them a peice of my mind

please reply! thx for your time :)


dude lower lvls ARE noobs. not grands. plus i'm a higher lvl on most of my wizards so i probably WONT look for you.


lower lvl wizards are not noobs. i'm sure you wouldn't like it if you were called a noob. why do you have to call them noobs, they are not bad wizards, and they cant just start half way through the game. all wizards have to be new wizards at one time, so calling them noobs isnt very nice. can you stop calling them noobs, its really disrespectful. if they never did anything to you then you shouldn't call them noobs. if they do something to you like insult you but not because they just started playing wizard 101.

p.s. if your gonna quote me, dont say things like that.

p.s.s. i dont want to be friends with someone who bullies lower lvl wizards

- mark thunderheart, legendary pyromancer


Well done mark Thunderheart.


you too Igloogirl3

i'm glad to see there are other people that care about this problem :D and i would like to add you to my friend list in the game

and as for you davidstronghunter1, there are other people who dont like what is going on, so i ask that you stop insulting new wizards :x

Survivor
Dec 28, 2009
16
Igloogirl3 wrote:
When my Pyromancer reaches level 56 I decided to make a Necromancer. So I made an account and trained my Necromancer. Then in Firecat Alley I saw a duel with a couple of Magus'. I joined them and said 'Hi'. The Magus immediately shot back by calling me a 'noob'. I was offended. Then he called me 'weak'! We were all new players, and we all used to be a bit weak!

I have also noticed this from the Grandmasters. I was on my Pyromancer just standing around when I saw a couple of Masters and Grands laughing and calling the low-levelers 'noobs'. Just because we are higher leveled doesn't mean we have the right to tease them. Even though they can annoy us doesn't mean we attack right back! They are new to the game - they want to explore the game and adjust. Please post what you think. You can disagree or agree!
i agree. My necromacer is level 31 and im stil in marleybone but besides that one time i fought a grandmaster pyromancer and i won just because i went first but the reason he was mad at the end was because i taunted him and he was really nice because he helped me before and then I ask if he wants to PvP with but he said id lose and he told his friends and next thing i know almost evreywhere i get bullied but i dont report people because im very forgiving and nice.oh yeah right i almost forgot but i need help i marleybone.I need help defeating Meowiaraty (dont know if i spelled his name right).Please Help :(

Survivor
Apr 04, 2010
13
DanielThunderFlame... wrote:
K your a noob if you go to a port to a higher world. If your in wiz city nobody can call you a noob. if your in celestia your a noob. plus you have a 56 so your not a noob


I'm a 59. I actually don't care if people call me a noob. It's there problem and there foul language. So just ignore them.

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
338
oriole01 wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Yeah, I also hate how text chatters tease the menu chatters! I remember when I was menu chat - everyone was talking in dots. But when I got text chat I saw swearing and horrible jokes.
Wait a second, I'm a menu chat person so whenever I see people saying "..." on the screen it actually means swearing and people saying "noob"? Thanks for the clarification Igloogirl3, because everywhere I go, whether it's The Commons or Celestia, I see people saying "..." all over the place.
Ethan Iceblood lvl.33 life wizard


Thanks, Ethan Iceblood, for the comment.
If you are menu chat, people who say "..." are actually text chatters, and they are saying things in text chat. To menu chatters text chat pops up like "...". But if you are a low level walking up to a grand and they say "..." it is possibly them saying 'noob'.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
41
Igloogirl3 wrote:
oriole01 wrote:
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Yeah, I also hate how text chatters tease the menu chatters! I remember when I was menu chat - everyone was talking in dots. But when I got text chat I saw swearing and horrible jokes.
Wait a second, I'm a menu chat person so whenever I see people saying "..." on the screen it actually means swearing and people saying "noob"? Thanks for the clarification Igloogirl3, because everywhere I go, whether it's The Commons or Celestia, I see people saying "..." all over the place.
Ethan Iceblood lvl.33 life wizard


Thanks, Ethan Iceblood, for the comment.
If you are menu chat, people who say "..." are actually text chatters, and they are saying things in text chat. To menu chatters text chat pops up like "...". But if you are a low level walking up to a grand and they say "..." it is possibly them saying 'noob'.
You're welcome. :)
P.S. How do you change from menu chat to text chat! I'm tired of saying things that are nowhere close to what I really want to say to other wizards.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
35
what you grand masters should do is be setting an example to the new players (i won't use the word noob because i don't like it) anyway, if you say mean things to them or about the new players it will catch on and when they go up in levels they will call new players noobs and picking on them just like you grands did to them although i have never been called a noob or called anybody a noob i know how must feel. i try to set an example to the new players every time i play wizard 101. and the only reason you grands are proably call people noobs and pick on them and insult them like that is because you were once treated like that. (and lets face some people are just mean). and you mean grands need to remember this is only a game! if you wouldn't do it in real life don't do it online! and to all the nice grands this message is not to you at all! so take a second to think about it all you mean grands.

robert earth breaker lvl. 49 pyromancer

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
338
graydog3 wrote:
what you grand masters should do is be setting an example to the new players (i won't use the word noob because i don't like it) anyway, if you say mean things to them or about the new players it will catch on and when they go up in levels they will call new players noobs and picking on them just like you grands did to them although i have never been called a noob or called anybody a noob i know how must feel. i try to set an example to the new players every time i play wizard 101. and the only reason you grands are proably call people noobs and pick on them and insult them like that is because you were once treated like that. (and lets face some people are just mean). and you mean grands need to remember this is only a game! if you wouldn't do it in real life don't do it online! and to all the nice grands this message is not to you at all! so take a second to think about it all you mean grands.

robert earth breaker lvl. 49 pyromancer


Good comment :D

Survivor
Mar 17, 2010
35
i think kingsisle should ban the word noob from the game any one else think the same
Robert Earth Breaker lvl. 49 fire

Survivor
Oct 03, 2010
8
I know what you all mean, Legendarys and Grands making fun of people. But think, if YOU were a grand would YOU tease someone? See, its not the LEVEL or TITLE that makes a difference. Its the person. I am pretty sure someone said "They are mere pixels." Thats totally right! You can't judge a book by its cover, no matter how hard it is to read. Just remember, its what is inside that counts. Who cares if they say you are a newbie or noob? One minute you are frustrated and angry, then when they leave or you do, you are back to normal, fighting things in Krok. Thats the thing about this game, unless you add them, bad people will just come and go! Hoped this helped!

Professer David Ravendust out!

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
227
I dont particularly like it when people call other people noobs. I dont do it when i quest in other worlds. I have had my lower lvl wizards called noobs before though and i just ignore them, (or tell them i have a grand and a legendary ) ANyway, if you can ignore it just ignore it but its not only the grands and legends that call people noobs. Dont judge a high lvl person by the reputation of about 50% of them. :D

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
202
grandmasters who are mean are noobs them selfs and not you,unless you at like them.

A noob or n00b is someone that lacks intellegance or common sense, most people think that noob is a word used only in the online gaming world, but in reality it is becoming an ever popular word with teenage society.
a noob could be simply a level 100 running round shouting ''WHERE DO I GO!?'' or someone calling someone else a noob and then getting hit with a brick, anyone can call anyone a noob, but normally they are noobs themselves

A "noob" is a person who is new or inexperienced in a subject, usually an online game. Noobs are usually annoying and excessively stupid. Do not confuse noobs with newbs, who are inexperienced players that tend to be more mature and strive to become better.

Newb:A term used to describe a inexperienced gamer/person/etc. Unlike a noob, a newb is someone who actually wants to get better

Newb:Someone who is new to the activity that they are currently partaking in. Very often this term is used pertaining to computer games. Contrary to popular belief, a newb and a n00b are not the same thing, as a newb can and will get better where as a n00b will partake in activites meant mainly to aggrivate other players.

NOOB/NEWB look it up.

Michael RedBlood death school


Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
1469
Zzatdragon wrote:
grandmasters who are mean are noobs them selfs and not you,unless you at like them.

A noob or n00b is someone that lacks intellegance or common sense, most people think that noob is a word used only in the online gaming world, but in reality it is becoming an ever popular word with teenage society.
a noob could be simply a level 100 running round shouting ''WHERE DO I GO!?'' or someone calling someone else a noob and then getting hit with a brick, anyone can call anyone a noob, but normally they are noobs themselves

A "noob" is a person who is new or inexperienced in a subject, usually an online game. Noobs are usually annoying and excessively stupid. Do not confuse noobs with newbs, who are inexperienced players that tend to be more mature and strive to become better.

Newb:A term used to describe a inexperienced gamer/person/etc. Unlike a noob, a newb is someone who actually wants to get better

Newb:Someone who is new to the activity that they are currently partaking in. Very often this term is used pertaining to computer games. Contrary to popular belief, a newb and a n00b are not the same thing, as a newb can and will get better where as a n00b will partake in activites meant mainly to aggrivate other players.

NOOB/NEWB look it up.

Michael RedBlood death school



Noob and n00b are two completely different words. "Noob" is the modern, phonetically spelled version of "newb"; "n00b" is a gamer insult. You look that up.

Survivor
Mar 12, 2009
7
i have seen grandmasters do things like that. i think it's rude, but i don't think it's right of you guys to say that all grandmasters are mean and evil. i myself am a grandmaster, and i have met very kind players online who play for fun, without insulting others. people can be rude, and i don't like when people call others noobs, but that not what all high level players are like.

angus skyrider-level 53 life

Survivor
May 08, 2010
11
i get annoyed og low lvls sometimes because a lot of them come up to me and start to bther me or follow me around. whenever i say plz keave me alone they say NO! and its so annoying, i also hate it when they call me a noob even tho im a legendary

Survivor
May 31, 2009
2
Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
5
Igloogirl3 wrote:
Also I hate the grands that hang in the commons and tease little wizards. Well, this is Wizard City, the first world, what do you expect to see?


I know right! I was teased back when I was a Lvl. 4. The Grands and Legendarys were Novice once, too! It's not fair for the younger wizards to be teased by experienced ones. The Grands and Legendarys should be HELPING the younger wizards, not making them feel upset and sad. :( :? :(

- Emma Starcatcher, Lvl. 31, Balance

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
202
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
Zzatdragon wrote:
grandmasters who are mean are noobs them selfs and not you,unless you at like them.

A noob or n00b is someone that lacks intellegance or common sense, most people think that noob is a word used only in the online gaming world, but in reality it is becoming an ever popular word with teenage society.
a noob could be simply a level 100 running round shouting ''WHERE DO I GO!?'' or someone calling someone else a noob and then getting hit with a brick, anyone can call anyone a noob, but normally they are noobs themselves

A "noob" is a person who is new or inexperienced in a subject, usually an online game. Noobs are usually annoying and excessively stupid. Do not confuse noobs with newbs, who are inexperienced players that tend to be more mature and strive to become better.

Newb:A term used to describe a inexperienced gamer/person/etc. Unlike a noob, a newb is someone who actually wants to get better

Newb:Someone who is new to the activity that they are currently partaking in. Very often this term is used pertaining to computer games. Contrary to popular belief, a newb and a n00b are not the same thing, as a newb can and will get better where as a n00b will partake in activites meant mainly to aggrivate other players.

NOOB/NEWB look it up.

Michael RedBlood death school



Noob and n00b are two completely different words. "Noob" is the modern, phonetically spelled version of "newb"; "n00b" is a gamer insult. You look that up.


n00b
An insult describing a person who is not only lacking in knowledge of something, but also blatantly refuses to learn about it and even berates those who would benefit him with experience. Often used in computer game circles .

So nublet you look it up.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2009
4
I don't get why people feel the need to call others noobs, nor do I understand why people feel the need to even insult other people. We were all new and didn't know what on Earth was going on when we first started. (or at least I didn't!)

The only time I call somebody a noob is when it is between my friends and I. We always try to have a good time and I'm the Ice tower noob of the bunch.

New, inexperienced, striving to be better players I refer to as newbies. Not because I can't find another word, but because they're new. Whereas a noob doesn't want to become better (and why on Earth wouldn't anyone want to become better?) and thinks that they are superior. Or at least in my experience.

It doesn't matter what level you are, or what school you are, or how many wizards you have. It's your personality that consumes a person's judgement of you. That being said, somebody with an account loaded with Legendaries could still be a "noob" or a newbie. They may have 6 Legendaries, yes, but they might not know as much about the game as someone else.

Guy: Hi noob!
Me: I've heard that compliment a million times, thanks :D
Guy: Noob! Shut up!
Me: You're flattering me :P
Guy: UGH!! NOOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: Thank you so much! <3
Girl: What's a noob?
Me: A really great person
Girl: Oh! So those guys who called me a noob were being nice?
Me: Yup, just jealous!
Girl: Thanks!
*I switch realms and go to the Bazaar*

Delver
Mar 15, 2009
202
A 'n00b' is a player that is new to a game, website forum or software application.

It is a word most commonly used now by testicularly challenged 13 year old gamers, it was originaly derived from 'newbies' or 'newbs'. Later becoming 'n00b'
Although now considered a word to be used by internet newbies themselves, originaly it was neither insulting or derogatry. Instead it was used to inform others that You, or another person, were relatively inexperienced in a certain area.

now back to the subject mean grandmasters,there are many mean people in the game but there are many nice people as well find them and be freinds with them and stay away from the mean one's,I my self dont mind helping someone with a goal they need done but at the same time iam not going to do the whole quest for them.

I have come accross a ton of mean people I for the most part stay away from them or report them,but I have also been very lucky I have afew really good freinds as well.

So dont let the mean people get you down or turn you into a mean person , Iam sure you play the game for the same reason many other people do thats to have fun and chill.

MichaelRedBlood death school

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
50
Igloogirl3 wrote:
When my Pyromancer reaches level 56 I decided to make a Necromancer. So I made an account and trained my Necromancer. Then in Firecat Alley I saw a duel with a couple of Magus'. I joined them and said 'Hi'. The Magus immediately shot back by calling me a 'noob'. I was offended. Then he called me 'weak'! We were all new players, and we all used to be a bit weak!

I have also noticed this from the Grandmasters. I was on my Pyromancer just standing around when I saw a couple of Masters and Grands laughing and calling the low-levelers 'noobs'. Just because we are higher leveled doesn't mean we have the right to tease them. Even though they can annoy us doesn't mean we attack right back! They are new to the game - they want to explore the game and adjust. Please post what you think. You can disagree or agree!


ROFL I totally agree! Even the ones just out show boating calling us Legendary WEAK or NOOBS. I have challenged them to a dual on PvP but when they look at my stats they turn tail and run off. lol

NOTE: I think any of these kids thinks they have a rights to call us any names, ought to right then and there, go to a PvP arena and prove themselves. Make it a level Fight. This might get them to reconsider, that if they refused, they get banned for 30 days. lol If they only know what us older generations could really do! I love it!

William ThunderSword
Balance Legendary

Explorer
Dec 02, 2010
50
ic0517 wrote:
Anything less than 60 is a noob.


Oh come on now! That is a Lame Duckj talking from you! lol

Survivor
Aug 10, 2010
4
Igloogirl3 wrote:
When my Pyromancer reaches level 56 I decided to make a Necromancer. So I made an account and trained my Necromancer. Then in Firecat Alley I saw a duel with a couple of Magus'. I joined them and said 'Hi'. The Magus immediately shot back by calling me a 'noob'. I was offended. Then he called me 'weak'! We were all new players, and we all used to be a bit weak!

I have also noticed this from the Grandmasters. I was on my Pyromancer just standing around when I saw a couple of Masters and Grands laughing and calling the low-levelers 'noobs'. Just because we are higher leveled doesn't mean we have the right to tease them. Even though they can annoy us doesn't mean we attack right back! They are new to the game - they want to explore the game and adjust. Please post what you think. You can disagree or agree!


I agree You shouldn't be mean because you are a higher level. I'm a master myself but i would never call someone a " noob"

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
9
Igloogirl3 wrote:
When my Pyromancer reaches level 56 I decided to make a Necromancer. So I made an account and trained my Necromancer. Then in Firecat Alley I saw a duel with a couple of Magus'. I joined them and said 'Hi'. The Magus immediately shot back by calling me a 'noob'. I was offended. Then he called me 'weak'! We were all new players, and we all used to be a bit weak!

I have also noticed this from the Grandmasters. I was on my Pyromancer just standing around when I saw a couple of Masters and Grands laughing and calling the low-levelers 'noobs'. Just because we are higher leveled doesn't mean we have the right to tease them. Even though they can annoy us doesn't mean we attack right back! They are new to the game - they want to explore the game and adjust. Please post what you think. You can disagree or agree!
I so agree with you! Just because they are higher level doesn't make it ok to be mean!

Survivor
Nov 30, 2009
9
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
ic0517 wrote:
Anything less than 60 is a noob.


no anything less than 50 is a noob
you are so rude! I am a level 20! So what! you just think you are so cool! Only because you are a high level! :x

Mastermind
Jan 25, 2010
338
zoe1970 wrote:
Just use your ignore button. I love mine. Wish I had one in real life

So you would go around the whole game ignoring each player that calls you noob? Your ignore box would be full by the first day