Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Maybe the enchantment TCs SHOULD go!?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
326
Pardon me, I have been studying this situation, and considered many things. I have to say that I now understand 100% why removing the enchantments may be worth it.

Enchantment Treasure Cards:
All Enchantment TCs can be used on any spell that attacks. For example, I could have a high-level wizard make 1000 enchanted Humongo frogs or Medusa(s). Then I could place them all in my Treasure Card Trove.

Treasure Card Trove:
Let's say I have one wizard with 15 houses. I could have a TC trove in all 15 of those houses, maxed out. That is 15,000 treasure cards (plus an extra thousand you can have on your wizard) that I have at my disposal. Even worse, say I could replicate that on all 6 (or 7) of my wizards. That means I could have up to 96,000 (112,000 for seven) treasure cards on one account! The number could also grow if I added more houses. It really wouldn't matter if the vault space changed, you could buy more homes and house elixirs to have an insane amount still!

Official Decision:
I think the decision was very understandable to remove the enchantment TCs if the trove is available in the game. Imagine if, over time, someone filled all those TCs with Humongos and Medusa(s). Yes, I agree with Ratbeard, that is NOT good for a game. That would make early PVE very easy, it would make PVP a dance of death, and the Deckathalon could be wreaked. So, I think the time has come to ask us, the community, which would you rather have, organized treasure cards, or unlimited Enchantment Treasure cards, because both CANNOT exist.

Perhaps a Solution?:
I would limit a trove purchase to 1 or 2 per account and lower the space amount to 500. Then you might be able to keep the enchantment TCs??


Hero
Sep 07, 2011
761
What "situation"? Enchantments have been a part of the game for years, and haven't been a problem. It would be absurd to limit or remove them now.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
326
Blaze03554 on Jun 1, 2019 wrote:
Pardon me, I have been studying this situation, and considered many things. I have to say that I now understand 100% why removing the enchantments may be worth it.

Enchantment Treasure Cards:
All Enchantment TCs can be used on any spell that attacks. For example, I could have a high-level wizard make 1000 enchanted Humongo frogs or Medusa(s). Then I could place them all in my Treasure Card Trove.

Treasure Card Trove:
Let's say I have one wizard with 15 houses. I could have a TC trove in all 15 of those houses, maxed out. That is 15,000 treasure cards (plus an extra thousand you can have on your wizard) that I have at my disposal. Even worse, say I could replicate that on all 6 (or 7) of my wizards. That means I could have up to 96,000 (112,000 for seven) treasure cards on one account! The number could also grow if I added more houses. It really wouldn't matter if the vault space changed, you could buy more homes and house elixirs to have an insane amount still!

Official Decision:
I think the decision was very understandable to remove the enchantment TCs if the trove is available in the game. Imagine if, over time, someone filled all those TCs with Humongos and Medusa(s). Yes, I agree with Ratbeard, that is NOT good for a game. That would make early PVE very easy, it would make PVP a dance of death, and the Deckathalon could be wreaked. So, I think the time has come to ask us, the community, which would you rather have, organized treasure cards, or unlimited Enchantment Treasure cards, because both CANNOT exist.

Perhaps a Solution?:
I would limit a trove purchase to 1 or 2 per account and lower the space amount to 500. Then you might be able to keep the enchantment TCs??

Bottom line, having the opportunity to hold 112,000+ Treasure Cards on one account is really bad for this game. Being able to create enchanted damage spells and stock pile them wouldn’t be good either.

To sum up my first statement, (to those of you who don’t like to read) I am saying that if you want the Treasure Card Trove (Vault) the enchantment process cannot exist. Meaning you can’t go and create a stock pile of TCs in Golem Tower any more.

Either you make a decision, buyable enchanted treasure cards, or the treasure card trove. Both can not exist without complications.


Survivor
Dec 22, 2010
21
I'm not sure I fully understand what the issue is? So what if there is a person using/having 112,000 enchanted TCs. It really doesn't effect anyone really. Specially when there are events that call for using TCs (the Decathons)

Are you worried it will destroy the economy? Ehh, There's a limit on how many can be put up into the market place, if I'm remembering correctly, (100). There's checks and balances everywhere.

Is it an issue because people will use them? What else are you supposed to do with TCs?

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
743
Enchanted cards can't be traded. It makes no difference to anyone else how many a player has.

There is no problem.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
326
Prince of Shadows on Jun 6, 2019 wrote:
Enchanted cards can't be traded. It makes no difference to anyone else how many a player has.

There is no problem.
Ah, but ones you create a Treasure Card with that non-tradable enchantment, you now have a card that can be traded.

If my storm wizard makes 1000 Glowbugs and places them in the Treasure Card Trove, then I take my Trove and put it in my shared bank for my life wizard with a storm amulet, that is where the balancing starts to dive.

This is my last comment:

I too thought it was ridiculous to remove the enchantments, especially when we had access to them since Celestia (2010). All I'm saying is I understand WHY they want to and happen to agree with the reason.

The Treasure Card Trove can't exist while enchantments are purchasable. So we're probably never going to see the Trove unless they tweak it.


Adherent
May 20, 2010
2902
Back in 2012, when I last played regularly, most complaints about something being overpowered or imbalanced were from PvP players. I suspect that is the case here, as well.

If somebody is determined to have an easy time with the game, they'll have an easy time with the game. Between Crowns equipment and items, the "Team Up!" button, high-level friends, treasure cards, the Shared Bank, the pet Kiosk, and the general nerfing of the early worlds since I last played, anybody who knows the game, is willing to research online, and/or is willing to buy Crowns, can make game play almost a no-brainer through at least the first arc.
Whenever you have something overly-powerful, there are going to be people using it to game the system. I was walking a relative though Unicorn Way, and I saw a wizard with 5 power pips and an Enchanted Armament Pet in "battle" with a Lost Soul. It was fairly obvious that the high-level wizard was using the 3 Sharpened Blade cards the pet provides on blades, as well as probably other enhancement cards on attack spells. The enemy was finally defeated with a wand spell, and a minute or so later, the wizard was in another battle with the fearsome Lost Soul.

Removing the treasure trove isn't going to stop somebody who is determined to easily take a smaller wizard through the lower levels without any problems. Treasure Troves and modifications are available to everybody. If it creates a problem with PvP, then perhaps KingsIsle can do something about it.

Defender
Mar 09, 2018
170
Blaze03554 on Jun 9, 2019 wrote:
Ah, but ones you create a Treasure Card with that non-tradable enchantment, you now have a card that can be traded.

If my storm wizard makes 1000 Glowbugs and places them in the Treasure Card Trove, then I take my Trove and put it in my shared bank for my life wizard with a storm amulet, that is where the balancing starts to dive.

This is my last comment:

I too thought it was ridiculous to remove the enchantments, especially when we had access to them since Celestia (2010). All I'm saying is I understand WHY they want to and happen to agree with the reason.

The Treasure Card Trove can't exist while enchantments are purchasable. So we're probably never going to see the Trove unless they tweak it.

...but can't your storm wizard just trade to another level 1 account or friend you trust? And then that account trades it all back to your life wizard?