Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Maximum Decathalon Score

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
This question is directed to Spark. He told me to post my question here as it would be answered.

Question: What is the maxiumum possible score in the Decathalon? I think it's impossible to get a score of over 3,000 yet people get those scores every time it comes around. If you can get a score that high please specify where all those points come from. I.e., Max score each level up to level 10 + 20 points each day. I can't even get to 3,000. Please explain how a score of over 3,000 is possible.

Thanks

Boris Rainwalker Level 160 Storm
Member Since 2009

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
thezone999 on Jun 22, 2023 wrote:
This question is directed to Spark. He told me to post my question here as it would be answered.

Question: What is the maxiumum possible score in the Decathalon? I think it's impossible to get a score of over 3,000 yet people get those scores every time it comes around. If you can get a score that high please specify where all those points come from. I.e., Max score each level up to level 10 + 20 points each day. I can't even get to 3,000. Please explain how a score of over 3,000 is possible.

Thanks

Boris Rainwalker Level 160 Storm
Member Since 2009
You are right to question how some players get such high scores. Some Deckath-Elites don't share info. I am the 10th Deckath-Elite and I share what I know (even while I was competing for Top Ten). I am not able to equip the best jewels like others can (I'm only lvl 131 as of posting this).

A Deckathalon full run earns 172pts. Add +20pts for the 20 tc used each day.

172 X 24 credits = 4,128 Then add in 160pts for tc used 4,288 maximum pts total

There is 1 Deckathalon that gives less points. If my notes are correct, it's the Fire Deckathalon where a full run earns 171pts. (171 X 24) + 160 = 4,264pts

Good Luck!

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
Stemogstel,

Keep in mind you only get the 20 points per day not per run.

Where do you get 172 per run? Please break it down by level.

The only points you get for the use of the treasure cards is a max of 20 per day. In level 1 you get one point per treasure card used. So, if you used 3 treasure cards to finish the first level you would only receive 3 points. And it's not points per level. It's max points up to 20 in the first round of the day. So, after you get the 20 points you are no longer awarded points for use of treasure cards. After the 20 points have been received, you only get points for finishing the level.

Have you ever completed all 10 levels on one run with a level 10 deck? I guarantee you will run out of cards before you reach level 8. Best I can do is 120 for the first run of the day then 100 points after that. I only get 3 runs per day so, that's 320 per day which is 320x7= 2240.

What is the best score you have received in a one week total of the decathalon run?

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
thezone999 on Aug 2, 2023 wrote:
Stemogstel,

Keep in mind you only get the 20 points per day not per run.

Where do you get 172 per run? Please break it down by level.

The only points you get for the use of the treasure cards is a max of 20 per day. In level 1 you get one point per treasure card used. So, if you used 3 treasure cards to finish the first level you would only receive 3 points. And it's not points per level. It's max points up to 20 in the first round of the day. So, after you get the 20 points you are no longer awarded points for use of treasure cards. After the 20 points have been received, you only get points for finishing the level.

Have you ever completed all 10 levels on one run with a level 10 deck? I guarantee you will run out of cards before you reach level 8. Best I can do is 120 for the first run of the day then 100 points after that. I only get 3 runs per day so, that's 320 per day which is 320x7= 2240.

What is the best score you have received in a one week total of the decathalon run?
I am a Deckath-Elite. What that means is I have gotten a very rare badge preserved for only those who finished Top Ten in all 7 deckathalon events. Read my prior reply again carefully and you shouldn't have further inquiries on the twenty tc/day issue. I inserted the math for that. But here it is again:
20 tc per day x 8 days in a KI week = 160pts.

Keep in mind there are 8 days a week (according to KI events).

Of course I completed all 10 stages on one run. I probably even did it with a deck lesser than level 10. The key is planning out every Floor before going in. Look online to see if you can find a list of all the enemies hp for every stage/floor. Make a note you keep by your side. Figure out which tc works best per floor. If something goes awry, add it to your own personal notes and make the appropriate changes.

My best scores were reaching Top 10 in every event. Here are my top scores for each:

Myth - 2,425 (3rd place trophy won)
Life - 3,074 (4th place and I lost out on the trophy by 6 pts which would had been a 3rd place tie). I have suspicion on the person who jumped ahead of me in the final minutes. They earned 133pts out of nowhere.
Actually, if I had beaten 10.1 on that final run, I would have beaten them by 1 pt. Meaning stage 10 awards 7 pts per floor.

Balance - 3,145 (4th place) (I noted other finalists points spiked after the event was over)

Ice - 2,366 (10th place - skin of my teeth)

Death - 3,040 (5th place)

Fire - 3,484 (5th place)

Storm - Inaccurate notes. It seems I did not keep note of my final score here. Last I see, my score was 2,903 and it looks like I had 1 hour left and did another run.

KI has continuously made changes to different aspects that affected the Deckathalons. Whether it be changes made to tc, pet talents, and even changed certain spells the enemies use on us. Keep that in mind if your research finds you an older forum. I consider myself retired from Deckathalon and have been doing it a bit for the crafts. There are badges and rewards exclusive that I don't approve of. There are badge reserved for 1st place only. And there are housing item trophies for finishing 1st and 2nd and 3rd.

If you are still curious for the breakdown of every stage and every floor, from what I mentioned here, stage 10, each floor should award 7 points. You will have to do runs of your own and take note for all the floors. Then just do the math and see if it adds up to what I said. Good Luck!

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
I took a very long time to make a reply to thezone999 and answer all their questions ... Can the mods see fit to post what I wrote.... thank you.

Survivor
Aug 28, 2010
Just answering to see how old my account is lol

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
To Stemogstel, sorry if I misspelled your name.

All your information is valuable for sure. I don't seem to have much difficulty scoring in the top ten. I have not gotten that high in all 7 schools, because, well I notice the top three spots are unattainable. AND, I get these high scores only completing 8 floors. I have yet to be able to go from floor 1 through 10 on one deck. I personally think it's impossible. The only way that I would believe it is possible if someone recorded the entire event from floor 1 through 10. Anyway, even when I finish floor eight and get the maximum points for those 8 floors using all the credits available, I am still hundreds of points behind the first, second and third place positions, and yet I am still in the top 10.

This takes me back to my original question, how are these incredibly high scores possible. Based on what you just told me, if you can complete all ten levels on one deck you should easily be in the top three.

Thank you for your response

Boris Rainwalker
Level 160 Storm

Survivor
Jul 03, 2009
As I see it these are the numbers if you were able to complete the entire dungeon with one deck. If you completed all 10 levels and defeated the final boss, the maximum possible points would be 3752. So, any player achieving a higher score than 3752 would be by definition a cheater and should be banned from any further decathlon events. And any previous members that had a score higher than 3752 should be banned from playing any future decathlon events. And I submit that it is impossible to complete levels 1-10 with one deck. All your cards are used up by the time you get to level 9. And that's if you are lucky enough to still be alive at that level.

Now if that wasn't bad enough, most things don't work in the decathalon. You gear doesn't matter. Critical and damage have no effect inside the decathalon. Minion Jewels are ineffective. The only Jewels that work is the life spell jewels. Also none of your pet talents matter except healing spells, mana and health. Critical, damage and proof jewels have no effect inside the decathalon dungeon.

Level 1 4 Points
Level 2 8 Points
Level 3 12 Points
Level 4 16 Points
Level 5 16 Points
Level 6 20 Points
Level 7 20 Points
Level 8 24 Points
Level 9 24 Points
Level 10 28 Points

Total 172 points for completing levels 1-10
Total maximum daily score 172x3= 516 + 20 bonus points per day
Total Maximum Daily Points is 536
Total Maximum Daily score for 7 consecutive days 7x536=3752

Please if this is incorrect I would very much like to know. And I would like to know where I went wrong. Thank you in advance for anyone that can show me the errors of my calculations.

Kind Regards
Boris Rainwalker
Storm Level 160
Member Since 2009