Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Max Hit is!!! Drum roll...

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
150 Million!!!

Well, my good friend and Legendary Storm, wanted to know, just how much damage she could do! So, we both got on 2 of our accounts and did all the prep work. We bladed, trapped, feinted, the whole shabang! She is getting ready to restart her character, since training points are not free! So, even though she is legendary, she wanted to do this as her grand finale! Well, we were hoping for a lot more damage, almost a billion or so, but KI must have put a damage cap on, because you can't hit for more than 150 million!

We did all the calculations and it should have been double that before critical! Oh well, she was still happy to see that much damage!

Thanks all for playing!

Delver
Sep 18, 2009
Mastermind
Feb 16, 2009
darthjt wrote:
150 Million!!!

Well, my good friend and Legendary Storm, wanted to know, just how much damage she could do! So, we both got on 2 of our accounts and did all the prep work. We bladed, trapped, feinted, the whole shabang! She is getting ready to restart her character, since training points are not free! So, even though she is legendary, she wanted to do this as her grand finale! Well, we were hoping for a lot more damage, almost a billion or so, but KI must have put a damage cap on, because you can't hit for more than 150 million!

We did all the calculations and it should have been double that before critical! Oh well, she was still happy to see that much damage!

Thanks all for playing!

Congrats, guys! That's one very impressive feat, to hit the damage cap, which I didn't even know existed!

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Squire
Apr 30, 2010
Historian
May 01, 2010
darthjt wrote:
150 Million!!!

Thanks all for playing!

WOW! you maxed out the damage counter. that was a huge amount more than my record 150,000 with efreet, but that was solo and i had only treasures...probably could do much much more with a feint actually on it... either way, great job

Delver
Feb 18, 2010
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Yes it is possible and there is a post somewhere that tells you exactly what to use that I posted! It takes 4 feints, lots and lots of traps, a convert, lots and lots of more traps, lots and lots of blades!

Put it this way, we had 4 Legendaries, Storm who used a maxed out Tempest with treasure Gargantuan, Myth, Death, and Balance! Using their cards and their treasure card versions! Should have actually hit over a billion, but like I said, they put a max hit cap!

Historian
May 01, 2010
darthjt wrote:
Yes it is possible and there is a post somewhere that tells you exactly what to use that I posted! It takes 4 feints, lots and lots of traps, a convert, lots and lots of more traps, lots and lots of blades!

Put it this way, we had 4 Legendaries, Storm who used a maxed out Tempest with treasure Gargantuan, Myth, Death, and Balance! Using their cards and their treasure card versions! Should have actually hit over a billion, but like I said, they put a max hit cap!

btw found the old post, it was on "we did it! we finally did it! or did we???"
btw sry slipped my mind about adding it up... but i guess i dont have to now lol

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Yes it is fact, it can be done. The actual calculated damage was 247,695,215 without critical.

Early Saturday morning, we faced off against the Sea Lord in the Plaza of Conquests. So with the help of Darthjt's Death and Balance, my Storm and Myth wizards (Thanks for the promotion Darthjt, but she is only level 47. She will get to legendary soon enough though.) we set up the Sea Lord for a mighty fall. One passing witty young wizard watched for a few moments as the many blades and traps were spooling away and commented "Oh yeah, he's dead." It was quite mesmerizing to watch as each trap was taken. So 11 blades and 20+ traps later the Sea Lord was vanquished once again with 150 million in damage.

The damage cap was a bit of a disappointment, but it was still the biggest hit I've ever done with my Storm wizard. What I can't figure out is what's the point of selling booster packs to raise your damage if KI is going to put a cap on the damage? Those type of booster packs are useful in PVE for the purpose of testing damage limits. And while PVP folks may find a slight edge with them, no one is going to sit still in PVP and let you load them up for a max hit. So why have them or more importantly why waste real money on them?

In any case, I want to say a special thanks to Darthjt for the assist. I couldn't have done it without you. It truely was a grand finale.

Kestrel Stormrunner
Legendary Diviner (soon to retire)

Armiger
May 10, 2010
247 million without critical and without the Boost! Does anyone know what percentage is boosted on the sea lord using a convert and storm attack?

That is a good question!

Defender
Nov 24, 2009
Hey, congratulations you are one of the first poeple to hit the damage cap in which you have discovered it!

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
darthjt wrote:
150 Million!!!

Thanks all for playing!

WOW! And are you sure that is the cap? I may have seen higher but I might be wrong. Me and my friends made firecat hit 10,000,000 lol! We were gonna post it online till the director of the video's computer messed up

~James Skullwielder
Legendary death
~The adventure of Wintertusk awaits~