Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Max Gold

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
Ok so I have reached max gold on my character or I can't sell anymore or it will over exceed max gold and now i cant earn more gold. So now I have a ton of gold and have no idea what to spend it on. :-( I thought of buying a balance house but what is the point of it? It is basically useless. I don't get the point of houses. Treasure cards I could buy but once I buy a bunch I can't buy anymore, and I hardely use treasure cards. I already have the clothes I need, all I need to do is be lvl 50 to wear them. Pet snacks was another idea but I have already a ton of snacks. I thought of buying pets but I can't find any good pets to buy! I think we should raise the max gold or have more good pets to buy. Any suggestions?????? Please?

Hero
May 02, 2009
Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
Defender
Jan 03, 2009
If you've beaten malistare, you should wait until celestia comes out and then see what is good to buy there.

P.S. Next post try writing in an easier-to-read color. It hurts my eyes to stare at neon blue.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2010
Misshar,

Thanks for posting this. Someone new like me (a noob) needs to know these things. I will spend my gold frivolously since I will achieve a level in which I cannot spend all of it. Can we give it to other people/characters? If I end up with so much that I cannot achieve more perhaps I can give it away to newer players?

Is it possible to deposit that gold to another character on the same account to help another character purchase clothes, cards, pets, snacks, etc.? This I do not know.

My highest character is only level 15, but I like to read the woes of the higher levels so I know what to expect.

Surely KI could do something about this, even if it meant trading gold for crowns at a ridiculous exchange rate?

Cheers

Explorer
Mar 11, 2010
You could train crafting, and if you buy reagents you'll be flat broke in no time.
I speak from experience there.

You could also buy a home or two and buy some furnishings for them. You start really getting into decorating after awhile.

Then there is the pet factor, as the poster above me stated.
Hatching is the end all - be all of money pits. The higher level your pet, the more it costs. And costs. And costs.
As to pets themselves, the best are dropped. There is a list of boss drops somewhere around here.

Finally, you can invest your gold in Mounts. 90k for a dragon will put a real dent in your pocketbook. Do that enough times and you have a set. :D

Good luck!

Survivor
Nov 12, 2009
Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Rokk wrote:
If you've beaten malistare, you should wait until celestia comes out and then see what is good to buy there.

P.S. Next post try writing in an easier-to-read color. It hurts my eyes to stare at neon blue.

Amen about the color lol.

Also you should buy a mount and hatch a bunch of pets... btw what is the max amt of gold?

ellie

Survivor
Jan 15, 2010
Survivor
Apr 23, 2010
Defender
Feb 09, 2009
helping people with their bosses, from wizcity to ds and gh, will get you max gold in a week depending how many people you help. when i reached max gold, i'd buy 50k in treasure cards and give them to people i'd help. that way they'd be able to help themselves. true you have to be a friend of them to give them the cards, while they are on the game, remove them if you don't want them as friends.
Matthew Hawkblood

Mastermind
Jan 01, 2010
I think Zeke said max gold is 150,000.

As for the original poster (yes, please drop the light blue), buy a house. They are pretty fun to decorate and as you have so much money, you have nothing to lose. Also, I assume you know that you can buy any school house, not just the one for your school. Right now I am saving up for the death house for my life wizard! I have never liked the balance house so bought the GH house for my balance wiz.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
Delver
Apr 02, 2010
Is this your first character? If you want to start a second character, you can buy the clothes, wands, anthames, etc. for the second character and place them in the Shared Bank, unless they are "No Trade". Especially the level 50 items you picked up in DS that belong to another school and can't be bought. Makes the second character easier.

I like the mounts idea too, you can pass on to your secondary characters through the Shared Bank. The lowest price broom is 50,000 gold. I bought brooms for my kids since they don't get as much time as I do. That would eat up one third of your gold right there.

What I don't understand is why not have the permanent gold-bought mounts be available from Zeke instead of hidden in the Crowns Menu. Or have them in both places.

The issue with crafting is starting at the MarleyBone crafting quest it gets pretty hard to find the items at the Bazaar, it would have been much easier while you were doing MB - that's the way I got the scrap iron. Its not like you can just spend your wand to Master level (although I giving it my darndest best :D ).

Explorer
Jun 17, 2010
Misshar wrote:
Ok so I have reached max gold on my character or I can't sell anymore or it will over exceed max gold and now i cant earn more gold. So now I have a ton of gold and have no idea what to spend it on. :-( I thought of buying a balance house but what is the point of it? It is basically useless. I don't get the point of houses. Treasure cards I could buy but once I buy a bunch I can't buy anymore, and I hardely use treasure cards. I already have the clothes I need, all I need to do is be lvl 50 to wear them. Pet snacks was another idea but I have already a ton of snacks. I thought of buying pets but I can't find any good pets to buy! I think we should raise the max gold or have more good pets to buy. Any suggestions?????? Please?

Buy a permanent mount

( i think that wizard101 should add that if you have max gold you can getabout 100,000 crouns

Survivor
Apr 14, 2010
Defender
Oct 26, 2009
connivingsumo wrote:
Misshar,

Thanks for posting this. Someone new like me (a noob) needs to know these things. I will spend my gold frivolously since I will achieve a level in which I cannot spend all of it. Can we give it to other people/characters? If I end up with so much that I cannot achieve more perhaps I can give it away to newer players?

Is it possible to deposit that gold to another character on the same account to help another character purchase clothes, cards, pets, snacks, etc.? This I do not know.

My highest character is only level 15, but I like to read the woes of the higher levels so I know what to expect.

Surely KI could do something about this, even if it meant trading gold for crowns at a ridiculous exchange rate?

Cheers

Okay now to answer your questions:

1: Don't worry about having two much gold. You are twenty levels away from that even being possible for you and I would be conservative with my money, especially at a low level, when money is not the easiest thing in the world to get. You should have about two thousand to eight thousand gold on your level 15, and that is not much.

2: You cannot give your gold to other players, but you can gift people gold by using crowns. This will just spend your crowns not your gold. If you have too much gold you cannot give it away, sorry.

3: Although you cannot give gold from one character to another you can give stuff. Go to your house, open the bank and choose what to send, and click "Put in Shared Bank" (or something to that effect). You can put things in the shared bank and anything you put in there can be used by your other characters if they take it out of the shared bank. Here is what can be shared:
-Clothes
-Rings
-Athames
-Mounts
-Pets
-Housing Items

4:Woes of higher levels?!?!? Wow, um, let's see. We mostly just are bored out of our minds waiting for some new content, but you will get around that with Celestia, which will have come out by the time you're up to it. The max gold issue, don't worry about it. Me and my friend who plays have three grandmasters (I have tow, he has one) and only one of mine has ever had max gold at any point, and that's only because my first grandmaster would buy all of his clothes. Really, it's not very likely you will get maximum gold and if you do, just buy some things for your other characters or something. Max gold is 150,000 gold, which is not exactly a little gold.

Believe me there are bigger problems then max gold that KI needs to fix.

Quinn Dragonwhisper-Grandmaster Myth
Benjamin Dragonblade-Grandmaster Storm
Benjamin Titanthief-Level 30 Death
And others.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
Defender
May 18, 2009
Rokk wrote:

You could do that. Or you could try to find some really cool housing items to buy from the bazaar. Oh and I agree about the colors, not used to reading neon.

Delver
Apr 02, 2010
LOL yeah go for the Master Artisan badge then buy and try to craft the Grizzleheim house, while doing pet hatchings, and get permanent mounts. For sure that will solve your gold problem.

IMO the permanent broom mount for 50,000 gold is one of the best big ticket gold items you can get, and you really want one if you are doing crafting.