Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making Pets harder to get to Ultra

AuthorMessage
Delver
Apr 16, 2014
It is Ultra hard to get pets to Ultra now.
They fix things that are not even broken. Why just Why?
It will now cost you 12 energy to get your pet to Ultra.
Instead of 10 energy.
It was already hard enough to get a pet to Ultra.

So someone got together and said "Hey lets see how we can make this even harder than it already is" Ok first lets tack on extra energy.
Not sure what they will do next. Besides "Timers" and Higher amounts of Gold to Hatch?

I'm Sorry, but I thought updates were suppose to be things that Help and make things better for the game. So I just wonder why you felt "The Need" to add these to the update? I mean "Really?" ----- I wonder if you could find One Person who says "Hey Thanks so much for the added gold, timers, and extra energy costs to get to Ultra that was added in this update. Updates are fun. I would like more of this."

I am not at all interested in the new Pet Stuff added to the game. I think it is fine for those who feel it is their cup of tea, and truly like it.

I just want to do things the old way. Can I do that on Classic?
Thanks for Reading.
Scarlet ShadowStone

Survivor
Aug 01, 2011
I absolutely agree. This recent "pet update" is a joke. Seriously, the will cast was an awesome idea. However, adding the tax that the pets happiness has to be high enough to use any of its abilities is aweful. I finally got a pet that maycast healing spells. Its the main peice to how my wizard survives now. Based on the new rules though, i run out of happiness in a single round if my pet decides it wants to heal alot. They need to retract the pet update.

Defender
May 27, 2013
I must agree that I am not really happy with pet happiness. (Why is happiness always food based? Why doesn't dancing with you pet count? Or jumping...they seem to love to jump. Or grooming. You could have added grooming.) It costs training snacks without any training gain. That's a bummer. Also recalculating the training cost and points is annoying at best and seems like an obvious attempt to push players into purchasing more mega packs.

I realize that KI needs to make money, but making things less fun (a.k.a. harder) and more tedious does nothing to keep the golden goose alive.

Survivor
Jan 14, 2014
The pet updates are a disaster.

One of THE best sections of W101, ruined.

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Yea, it goes along with the new theory for Wizards101.
That being.....
Give them something awesome...then take it away from them or make very much more difficult in your next update.

Having played many games, this is the only one that have started consistently doing this to their players. Take away or make things very much harder, so you don't feel like doing it anymore or just can't for lack of items needed to accomplish. Like I have read earlier, feeling very sorry for newer players trying to get a good pet now.

(They usually did not do this to the game in the past...relatively new approach.)

Games make changes, I understand. Most all updates in other games are things people actually wanted or makes the game better, not worse.

I wanted to say however, not all the updates are Epic Fails. You have finally started going in the right direction in regards to decoration of houses. Keep up the good work on this. And I do know many many players have been asking for this type of update for years. Love It! And Please, Please start making only updates that people will positively enjoy like this one!!

Scarlet ShadowStone

Explorer
Jul 05, 2014
Adding happiness wasn't the worst thing they could do, but the way they chose to do it was definitely where they went wrong.
What are some things that make real pets happy? Playing games, eating, running around, sleeping, being pet, being groomed, and being with their owner.
KI only decided to incorporate one of these, which was eating.
There should be new items added to the game. Pet toys. Pet toys can always be carried around by your pet, giving them 5 happiness per minute, and 10 if that toy's school matches the pet's school. It's that simple. If KI wants, they'd really only have to make one toy for each school. If they really wanted to go above and beyond, then there could be different tier toys giving the pet more happiness per minute.
Then, being groomed. Just add a small, quick animation of us washing our pets or combing them or something. Then our pet gets 150 pet happiness, but this can only be done every 20 minutes or so.
I don't want to type out the rest, but there's still so much stuff that you can do with happiness. The idea itself isn't bad but it was definitely executed poorly.

I will say though, I do like how dropped pet eggs are insta-hatched now o:
Also I like how you increased the hatching price

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
Considering the obesity problems we have in today's society, doing something like this that equates eating with happiness is probably a bad idea.

Explorer
Oct 04, 2013
I've noticed during training a pet the happiness doesn't move not one bit, So they want us to train to ultra then feed it more mega snacks? ARE YOU SERIOUS!

When kingsisle brings a new pet in the hatchery to show off, its usually a maxed out quint damage, Mirth spider comes to mind.
How bout short video of one these will cast in action so the community can see.
One pet I noticed in the kiosk was a will cast fuel?
maybe you might highlight a few of these new talents that actually help a wizard, fetching rings does not impress me.

So what if I can turn out an ultra every month, a lot of us old timers enjoy helping the new wizard get a decent start, weather the kiosk or the hatchery.
The update is only hurting the new wizard