Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making a purchase right before a sale!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 16, 2016
It happened to me both times I purchased something.
The first time, the day after I bought a membership for one month, there was a sale on the first month of membership.
The second time happened recently when I bought crowns with my membership and a few days later there is a bonus crowns sale!

Has this ever happened to you? Feel free to share your stories!

Jonathan DawnHunter

Champion
Mar 25, 2011
JonathanDawnHunter on Apr 14, 2017 wrote:
It happened to me both times I purchased something.
The first time, the day after I bought a membership for one month, there was a sale on the first month of membership.
The second time happened recently when I bought crowns with my membership and a few days later there is a bonus crowns sale!

Has this ever happened to you? Feel free to share your stories!

Jonathan DawnHunter
Totally awful! Same thing happened to me!

Bought crowns during the sale 60,000 crowns for $60! and the next day:

+50% Bonus Crowns!

SERIOUSLY! UGH.

Just send me to Tartarus already...

Hope to see you all in the Spiral!
Nathan GreenEyes 120 PvP Commander
Nathan GreenEyes 117 Hot in more ways than one (lol)
(Currently questing through Mirage)
Nathan GreenEyes 110 Couch Potato Hoarder
Ryan HexPyre 104 Always Dying
Genevieve HexPyre 76 PvP Warlord
(Currently questing through Avalon)

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Historian
Jun 19, 2010
By doing this, you have now joined the exclusive Been There, Done That Club T-Shirt!

The best thing you can do is get into this habit of when a sale comes on is to buy what you want or need then. And get special items that never go on sale; whenever they become available.

For years I did the same thing and paid full price for everything, then notice how they'd go on sale afterward too. Timing when everything went on sale was hard at first, but now I don't think about it, and when I see a sale; I get whatever I need or want and save money in the process too.

I hope this suggestion helps, but just know your pain is felt and shared by many who've done this too.