Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making a Fire Wiz

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 19, 2015
So I've got a plodding Initiate Pyro named Arlen RavenLeaf. I want to make him a high critical build, and I've already an idea of the gear he will be using. There's something though.
I happen to have a Prod storm who I will be taking to Level 120. She's also built for high critical while maintaining power pip percentage and accuracy. Critical and block ratings still decay going from 110 to 120. Now we all know that fire is getting 1k more health, block, resist(?), harder hitting spells and recently much more damage. Apparently Storm's supposed to be the "critical" school and fire the "damage" school. My poor Storm gets blocked all the time in higher worlds.
If and when I do bring Arlen to 110, with the same amount of investment in his gear, would that mean that he'd be strictly better than my future 120 Storm in virtually every sense (better health, better resist(?), harder hitting spells, better block and critical, far easier to PvP), except for maybe pierce that all schools get in spades now?
If so, should I just delete my storm and make an ice?

Survivor
Aug 14, 2013
Just go for I have only had experience with 2 schools and but to me ice is a really good school even through the critical isn't to great for it has good damage and resist and awesome health so would be the way to go if your not planning to want to critical much. But on the other hand has awesome damage and good critical and health so if you looking for a good hitter go . to me is the better school to go with but the choice is urs

Survivor
Aug 14, 2013
is just 2 vulnerable for me but maybe you would enjoy it who knows

Armiger
Jan 18, 2010
Charibasa on Dec 6, 2016 wrote:
So I've got a plodding Initiate Pyro named Arlen RavenLeaf. I want to make him a high critical build, and I've already an idea of the gear he will be using. There's something though.
I happen to have a Prod storm who I will be taking to Level 120. She's also built for high critical while maintaining power pip percentage and accuracy. Critical and block ratings still decay going from 110 to 120. Now we all know that fire is getting 1k more health, block, resist(?), harder hitting spells and recently much more damage. Apparently Storm's supposed to be the "critical" school and fire the "damage" school. My poor Storm gets blocked all the time in higher worlds.
If and when I do bring Arlen to 110, with the same amount of investment in his gear, would that mean that he'd be strictly better than my future 120 Storm in virtually every sense (better health, better resist(?), harder hitting spells, better block and critical, far easier to PvP), except for maybe pierce that all schools get in spades now?
If so, should I just delete my storm and make an ice?
How much Critical Rating does your storm have?

And I always say this:

Always Make An Ice! :D
Having an ice is sometimes the only way in which you can understand both sides of the school and it's many controversies.