Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

lvl 58 storm boss

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2010
does anyone think that the lvl 58 storm boss is just to hard for us storm to defeat? its annoying that we need to get a bunch of henchmen just to kill this one boss and his annoying student

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
I thought it was a small price to pay to get Leviathian. However, if a player does not have crowns it would be a real challenge and would take forever. Everytime you cast a shield, trap or blade the boss attacked with helephant or firezilla. Plus, he blocked any critical attacks. I tried several times without henchman and finally gave in and got a life and another storm henchman. I succeeded but I would have been happier if I had been able to do it on my own.
There are forums that have strategies for these difficult quests and I rely heavily on them and thank those who take the time to add the helpful posts.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
I was actually able to get it done without using any crown items.

My first attempt ended in a horrible death! LOL

I thought about it for a little bit and realized something.

Just keep putting on the fire shields. When ever you have a chance put on a shield. Let him hit you. The shield does it's job and you put on another.
This minimizes the damage you take and gives you a chance to hit back.

I used tower shields, the storm school shield for fire and ice and the ice school shield for fire and storm. I put as many shields as I could hold in my deck. I did not discard a single one. If it came up I put it on.

I used 1 trap, 1 blade, and a Giant card on Triton and he was pretty much done for. Can't remember for sure, but I bet I had to hit again with tempest after a few rounds.

I'm pretty sure I only had to heal a few times. No more than 4 times.

Another 'trick' I've been using for healing without using too many pips is to get the little 1 pip pixie healing cards. They work really well and only take one pip.

Funny thing is I was expecting to have to fight something else after this.
It was a nice surprise that it was one battle and done!

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
He's not hard, i didn't use any crowns and i beat him on my second try. The thing you really need is lots of fire shields.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2009
Let me think. He isn't really that hard, but he is challenging. If you have life shields (like I did) then maybe you could have had an easier time, but it was also hard for me to defeat him. So I decided to buy life henchmen. The boss got mad at them and began to kill them, but they resisted and they healed themselves. I understand you wanting to do it on your own without wasting money to buy very expensive crowns. I totally agree with that.

A Fellow Storm Wizard

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
Is it a dungeon or tower if it is dungeon i can help if ican be level 25 DIVINER and get another card subscription i will help you. ADVICE:if it is a dungeon get 1 life wizard to help and probably 1 death and storm

Defender
Jun 30, 2009
i am not storm but i do agree for i am a fire and it is really hard to get just about any card for fire you have to fight this ice person sure that makes it a little easier but every time you shield blade or trap he does a curse or hex but here is how i did it if any fire readt this all i did was a wyld fire a fire blade amplify adn then a full power heckhound with most of them power pips now it take me to heck hound to do this with going through third minions and to treant poly morphs so it all good though cause it worth it and i feeel ya storm fire it tough to beat and so is ice and just about any school but just deal with it and hope for the best

Champion
Jan 27, 2009
zepey wrote:
Is it a dungeon or tower if it is dungeon i can help if ican be level 25 DIVINER and get another card subscription i will help you. ADVICE:if it is a dungeon get 1 life wizard to help and probably 1 death and storm

No you can't help, it's a solo boss for a spell quest.