Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low on luck.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
Well, I have to say, I very well may have the worst luck in this game of anyone I know. It makes my username very, ah, ironic :( . Anyway, I have farmed Nightshade about twenty seven, maybe thirty times, and just gotten weak Death gear, two pot o' gold wands, and a clover wand. I farmed Youkai for the umpteenth time before getting anything of note; The Fire elegant hat. Not to mention my pets. I get Pip O' Plenty or accuracy on all my pets, and it has never been more than 2% . Anyone else unlucky? Am I doing it all wrong? It's seriously infuriating.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
leprecon99 wrote:
Well, I have to say, I very well may have the worst luck in this game of anyone I know. It makes my username very, ah, ironic :( . Anyway, I have farmed Nightshade about twenty seven, maybe thirty times, and just gotten weak Death gear, two pot o' gold wands, and a clover wand. I farmed Youkai for the umpteenth time before getting anything of note; The Fire elegant hat. Not to mention my pets. I get Pip O' Plenty or accuracy on all my pets, and it has never been more than 2% . Anyone else unlucky? Am I doing it all wrong? It's seriously infuriating.

I don't have much luck in getting things I want either - it does get defeating. I hatched a slew of pets for spritely and got 1 that did, that ended it for me, what a waste of my time for no reward. If training didn't take for ever and chances so low I would put more into it. I don't farm for stuff, that has always been annoying to me, the other person gets it or I get what they wanted, no fun. I plant for the look of the plant not for what it may drop. Crafting is my only sore spot since I don't do water works any more so I do have to put up with maybe I will get the ingredients in a short period of time or spend a week at it.

In the end it seems to me that everything becomes too much of a chance to get rather then a sure thing so I stick to the stuff that are sure things like buying a mount, castle, gear, stuff like that, stuff I know will be there for my wizard because I bought them out right with gold, for what they are. Having so much of the game based around chance maybe fun for some but for me not so much.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I have eight wizards who have gotten through Mooshu. I've farmed the Jade Oni a lot with each one of them; so many times that I lost count before I got the jade oni pet. Then, to my great surprise, I got the very same pet the next time I farmed him.
I had my myth helping my son through Marleybone one day. In one fight, he received a street sweeper pet. Yes, I was somewhat envious. He then ported to me in another boss fight and got another one! Since then, I've farmed those two bosses and still not gotten that pet.
So you aren't the only one!