Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low level wizards and the Master Tower.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 14, 2015
You know, Wizards, I've been seeing a lot of lower level wizards of around levels 5-20 screwballing around in the Master Tower, something that's meant to be conquered by level 40+ Wizards.

Really, I have to ask: What is it with lower level Wizards going into the Master Tower? It's tricky to get through without a higher level wizard, and if your spells fizzle, the enemies have spells like Meteor Strike, Helephant and Phoenix ready and waiting to take you out. If you don't have a good healer around, you can very easily go down.

But to see some of you clamoring to go into the tower above the other two, you'd think it was the greatest achievement possible in Wizard101!

Just like the One In a Million Badge before it, IS ISN'T!!

Before any of you consider taking on the Master Tower, please make sure to do the Apprentice and Adept towers first. Know what your getting yourself into. The last boss of the Master Tower has almost 4,000 health! Lower level wizards simply do not have enough spells to take him down.

Also realize this: He's a RANK 9 BOSS! That's almost the same rank as Malistaire in Dragonspyre! Do you really think a group of level 20ish wizards have a chance against such a high rank boss who has spells like Meteor Strike and Helephant at his disposal?

Oh, and one final note: The Master Tower drops level 40-50 gear and equipment, and very rarely are the pet snack drops worth the effort. None of you lower level wizards have any business being in the Master Tower apart from the fact your looking for a challenge. You can get all the challenge you need doing Adept Tower, Winterbane Hall, or Midnight Sun Pagoda runs.

And please understand this: Because your health is less, higher level wizards will more then likely have to spend more time healing you up to keep you from being defeated. The very least you can do in return is to be high enough level to provide some decent firepower.

But more often then not, when I do a Master Tower run, I'm paired with wizards who can barely even scratch the enemies. Don't expect higher level wizards to get you through something you should not be doing in the first place if you can't pull your own weight, Wizards. It's not fair to them.

So, here's the minimum criteria that I think you should be BEFORE going into the Master Tower:

- Be at least Level 20.
- Have at least one group attack ( or a group heal if your Life ).
- Have some fairly decent gear. Your damage stat should be AT LEAST 5% for your school.
- Have at least one shield spell ready.
- Have completed the Apprentice and Adept Towers first.
- (OPTIONAL) Have a potion full and ready.

Okay, do you now know why it's so detrimental to go into the Master Tower when you can barely pull your own weight? Good. Now, let me go one step further:

Never, EVER, go into any of the towers without all your health and mana. It's just plain rude. Don't be surprised if your mana globe goes from full to half empty in a single run. It can, and probably will, happen.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
I disagree. Sort of.

And for the main reason that I have routinely sent level 20 wizards into the master tower for the challenge it presents. The Halloween towers are not difficult at all for players who either PVP or routinely run hard-to-impossible dungeons later in the game. So just because someone is under-leveled in your opinion, doesn't mean they aren't capable of slogging through.

That said, I always solo the towers so my risky behavior doesn't bother anyone else.

If unprepared, under-leveled wizards are plaguing you in team-up, I can see why you're complaining. But then my suggestion is for you to just solo it. Seriously. The master tower is not that hard.

Alia Misthaven