Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Low level open chat players

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 02, 2014
I've seen many of these low level open chat people who never play the game properly. These players always hang around in the commons and whenever someone who has text chat says something, even friendly things, these open chat players attack them and ruin the game experience for these people. They did it to me a lot and I just ignore them but its unfair that just because someone has text chat they have to get bullied by these low level open chat players. I am sure these people just lied about how old they are to get open chat and I don't get why they think they're more important and above text chat players. Something has to be done to get rid of these kind of players because new player's (with text chat) experience of the game gets ruined and they might not play a game that'd suit them.

A+ Student
Dec 24, 2009
In order to get open chat, they have to have a credit card on file.

The only way they can ruin your experience is if you let them. I mean, why hang out in the Commons where you know the rude people congregate? Just walk right by and ignore them all. In particular, avoid the Wu realm (the craziest people are there for some reason!) and stick to the normal and perfect realms, which is where the 'real' adults tend to hang out.

Once you get onto the streets of Wizard City and any world beyond, anyone you meet is more likely to be a serious player. It's safer to be in the popular realms at that point, because the people you meet are actually questing vs. low level bullies in the common area. Most of the friends I've made in game, I met while questing.

Alia Misthaven

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
If you see someone actually breaking rules you can report them, but otherwise just keep moving. No need to let some random stranger on the internet ruin your fun.

Personally I can't say I've ever stood idle in any crowded place to read or care what random people may or may not be saying.

But yeah, just leave the area if you can or put the specific person on ignore if leaving isn't currently an option, and try not to let people who don't even know you get you down.

Survivor
May 09, 2009
I understand what you mean but all in all this game is actually a lot more safe compared to other games I have played where people can actually swear. Yes, there will always be Trolls in every game you play including Wizard101 but when you see someone doing something that you know is against the rules ie: name calling (getting past the chat block like some people do with putting spaces between certain letters or a dot between the letters) then you need to click that person's name in the chat box area and click report. Otherwise ignore these people and don't let them ruin your game. Games are meant to be fun, but some people don't use games for fun. I used to be like you and allowed people to ruin my game but I learned to ignore them and when I do see someone swearing or name calling I report them so that the Mods in the game can take care of the issue. This game is still a lot safer than most games out there and remember there are children playing this game too so don't do what the Trolls do and just keep a calm head and just enjoy yourself. That's my only advice I can give you besides changing realms if you need to.