Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Losing, and coming back?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jun 10, 2009
Hello All you wizards,
A few days ago i did the Waterworks, and made it all the way to the final boss before we died. So I tried it again with a few other people. But instead,when i went in, I was alone, in the room where the final boss was, but this time he didn't have his minions. I tried to beat him solo, but i failed again. So i had to wait 30 minutes before i could do the dungeon again, because i couldn't bring anyone else in with me for some reason. Is this a glitch, because it has happened before, in other dungeons(Not complaining about the times i succeded because of this "glitch" though :D ) If anyone else has experienced this, plz reply, because it is very annoying to have to wait 30 minutes or shut down the computer and restart it just to do a dungeon.
William Crowthistle Legendary Pyromancer
8)

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Waterworks is a non-teleport instance. If you flee or are defeated, then return before it resets and go in alone, you'll be right at the point that you left it. The last Boss will still be there and at full health, but any defeated minions won't.

You don't have to wait 30 minutes for an instance to reset. Just go in, then leave by the same entrance (the ladder in this case). The game will pop up a warning about leaving the dungeon. Leave anyway, and it will be reset when you enter it again.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
Enter the dungeon, then leave through the entrance. You won't have to wait 30 minutes, it'll reset immediately. This works for any dungeon- I do this all the time when farming the portico for pearls. -eli and crew

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
To end the instance early just enter the dungeon, then turn around and leave by the front door. If you do it will reset the dungeon progress.

If you Flee, Die or port out to leave, the instance stays active in case you want to return and continue.