Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

loots distribution in dungeons

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 09, 2013
Hi guys

I was just wondering if loots from bosses in dungeons like winter bane or pagoda are distributed between players equally.

My wizard is a level 43 necromancer and I have been assisting a friend, a journeyman of level 16, getting through winter bane a few times.

The problem is he always shouts at me not to attack bosses despite i'm first in line in every single battle, having to bear the wrath of most enemies.

Is it true that the person who deals the most damage will get the best loots? I personally don't believe it and I've told him so.

Thank you for your time guys

Zachary Crow

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
The person dealing the most damage to an enemy will get stilghtly more experience points from a battle. It has NOTHING to do with who gets what drops or how many items drop. I've been the damage dealer in plenty dungeons where I'm the only one who got nothing good. And I've also been on the other side in some battles where I couldn't get a shot in but I still get great item drops. It's all just luck of the draw. The only requirement for a boss item drop is that you be in the battle and survive.

Hero
May 02, 2009
That is false. So long as you are alive at the end of the fight, you will get rewards for the fight. Whoever deals the most damage doesn't matter, so you don't have to worry about that.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2013
My thanks to both of you

You've helped clear up a point where, i understand, many people have misunderstood.

Tnx again

Zacharie Crow Master necromancer