Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Looking for a 0 spell wand

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
That's right, I'm looking for a wand that has NO SPELLS on it whatsoever. What I want in the wand is one that gives a pip (power pip preferred), some stats, but NO SPELLS. I looked on Central's website at every Crafting vendor they list, and hit the bazaar and went thru every wand my L100 Necromancer could use and found nothing. Before I go looking at every single wand in the game, I was hoping one of the wonderful people here (including admins like Professor Greyrose) could help narrow my search some. Looking at almost 1200 listed wands on Central will take QUITE some time, and I'll do it if I have to, but I'd rather not for quite obvious reasons. The reason for this is I'm farming for seeds in a low leveled area, and I want to minimize my clicking entirely. having to discard wand spells, while fast, is a step id rather not have to do. I have currently unequipped my wand for that purpose, but I'd like to get the pip bonus from it. Make sense? Thanks very much in advance

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
Closest thing to no spell wands are the crafted shadow wands that only give 2. Every other wand gives at least 4.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
403
I don't think there are any. I've always wanted that too, or at least very few cards. Four is as low as they go if you want good stats. Some of the nicest wands stat wise (from packs) have 5 or 6 which is annoying with a small deck.

I'd pay a lot of crowns for 2 or 3 card wands with top stats.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4938
dayerider on May 15, 2014 wrote:
That's right, I'm looking for a wand that has NO SPELLS on it whatsoever. What I want in the wand is one that gives a pip (power pip preferred), some stats, but NO SPELLS. I looked on Central's website at every Crafting vendor they list, and hit the bazaar and went thru every wand my L100 Necromancer could use and found nothing. Before I go looking at every single wand in the game, I was hoping one of the wonderful people here (including admins like Professor Greyrose) could help narrow my search some. Looking at almost 1200 listed wands on Central will take QUITE some time, and I'll do it if I have to, but I'd rather not for quite obvious reasons. The reason for this is I'm farming for seeds in a low leveled area, and I want to minimize my clicking entirely. having to discard wand spells, while fast, is a step id rather not have to do. I have currently unequipped my wand for that purpose, but I'd like to get the pip bonus from it. Make sense? Thanks very much in advance
As far as I know, no such wand exists, and honestly wouldn't make sense anyway. If all you want is pips, load gear that gives you a boost on power pips and just leave the wand unequipped.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
220
Does not exist. There saved you a ton of time. Maybe they will come out with one. You are not the first to ask.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4117
RavenLady777 on May 16, 2014 wrote:
As far as I know, no such wand exists, and honestly wouldn't make sense anyway. If all you want is pips, load gear that gives you a boost on power pips and just leave the wand unequipped.
Wands give +1 power pip to start, not power pip chance. Unequipping it would mean starting with only 1-2 pips instead of 3-4(5 if you have a new pip deck).

Historian
May 02, 2009
698
There is no wand in the game that doesn't give any cards at all whatsoever and there never will be either. The closest thing that ever came close to that was the celestian sword wand back when it only gave 1 card and that was it. Other than that, only the new shadow-forged weapons even come close to that, giving just 2 spell cards each to use and that's it.

Besides, even without the wand cards there's still always the chance that you'll not get the spells that you need when you need them, so in that retrospect it makes no difference as to whether or not you get certain spells or not really (only thing that changes is a few extra cards and that's it, but the elements of chance and luck still exist regardless of your choice of wand, so there's that at least).

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
1516
I heard that there is a piece of gear that gives an extra pip but idk for sure.

I suggest getting it (if it exists) and then unequipping your wand

Squire
Sep 07, 2011
595
flash33 on May 19, 2014 wrote:
There is no wand in the game that doesn't give any cards at all whatsoever and there never will be either. The closest thing that ever came close to that was the celestian sword wand back when it only gave 1 card and that was it. Other than that, only the new shadow-forged weapons even come close to that, giving just 2 spell cards each to use and that's it.

Besides, even without the wand cards there's still always the chance that you'll not get the spells that you need when you need them, so in that retrospect it makes no difference as to whether or not you get certain spells or not really (only thing that changes is a few extra cards and that's it, but the elements of chance and luck still exist regardless of your choice of wand, so there's that at least).
LOL "there never will be"? Wow, what is it like in the future? Who won next year's Super Bowl?

"even without the wand cards there's still always the chance that you'll not get the spells that you need when you need them, so in that retrospect it makes no difference"

If I have 7 spells in my deck and no wand I am going to get them all. So there's a 100% chance to use any card I want on round one.

If I have 7 spells and 6 wands, there is only a 54% chance of having a specific card on round one.

That is a very significant difference.

A+ Student
Jan 11, 2012
1681
Gemma Luna on May 20, 2014 wrote:
LOL "there never will be"? Wow, what is it like in the future? Who won next year's Super Bowl?

"even without the wand cards there's still always the chance that you'll not get the spells that you need when you need them, so in that retrospect it makes no difference"

If I have 7 spells in my deck and no wand I am going to get them all. So there's a 100% chance to use any card I want on round one.

If I have 7 spells and 6 wands, there is only a 54% chance of having a specific card on round one.

That is a very significant difference.
To further this, if you're farming for things, with a monster well below your level, the fast you can kill it means the more you can farm. Farming in Grizzleheim for couch potatoes, I use the smallest quantity of spells. Being able to have a wand, that gives no spells, but get a power pip would allow me to cast scarecrow the next round (because I have the new pip deck as well).