Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life vs. Life

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2014
i have a life wizard... and the fights i dread the most are against life monsters while soloing...

not because they can kill me... that would be too easy... but because the life resistance is so high that it ends up being a stalemate with nobody dying... and if the boss heals, it just gets ridiculous.. and monsters 'win' when there is a stalemate since they didn't just waste hours of time!

now... i have built a fire deck (my secondary skills set) and this works great when i run into a fight with life monsters...

and then i get this... i am currently in the Dragonsprye world.. and 'Defeat Avalanche' has a fight with two monsters... a life boss and a fire elite... i can't use either deck since if i use life i can't kill the life monster, and if i use fire i can't kill the fire monster...

i tried using treasure cards... but since i was playing second, EVERY time i cast one of the treasure spells it seemed like it knew and would cast a damage reduction card... and then when it got down to low health, it would heal... all in all... i wasted 2 HOURS in two battles that ended in stalemate (all cards gone and i have a well protected healing-damage minion) and me out TEN treasure cards... two of the most frustrating hours i have ever spent...

i guess i need to do these quests in a group...

life-life fights are kind of nasty since nobody can do any damage that sticks... and it is a little unfair that monsters seem to have an infinite number of cards...

and the only other quest available to me is the Labrinthe ... which starts with a life boss...

so... i miu

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Peteroid69 on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
i have a life wizard... and the fights i dread the most are against life monsters while soloing...

not because they can kill me... that would be too easy... but because the life resistance is so high that it ends up being a stalemate with nobody dying... and if the boss heals, it just gets ridiculous.. and monsters 'win' when there is a stalemate since they didn't just waste hours of time!

now... i have built a fire deck (my secondary skills set) and this works great when i run into a fight with life monsters...

and then i get this... i am currently in the Dragonsprye world.. and 'Defeat Avalanche' has a fight with two monsters... a life boss and a fire elite... i can't use either deck since if i use life i can't kill the life monster, and if i use fire i can't kill the fire monster...

i tried using treasure cards... but since i was playing second, EVERY time i cast one of the treasure spells it seemed like it knew and would cast a damage reduction card... and then when it got down to low health, it would heal... all in all... i wasted 2 HOURS in two battles that ended in stalemate (all cards gone and i have a well protected healing-damage minion) and me out TEN treasure cards... two of the most frustrating hours i have ever spent...

i guess i need to do these quests in a group...

life-life fights are kind of nasty since nobody can do any damage that sticks... and it is a little unfair that monsters seem to have an infinite number of cards...

and the only other quest available to me is the Labrinthe ... which starts with a life boss...

so... i miu
It would appear you are not using your Life Prism correctly. You set this on the monster to covert your life spell to a death one thus actually boosting your damage on the monster. If you set your Prism before the monster puts a death shield on it won't effect that prism so you don't need to wand off the death shield. I carried a death sparkler wand because of that. I depended on my Life spells only and only kept the Feint and Tri Blades from Niles in Krock Land in my boss deck.

My Life soloed DS, being a one hit wonder I found mid Mooshu training death to feint (7 training points) was a big help.

Mary